• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P5081580.jpg

Looks like blue on blue here, in the hand it's purple on blue. These simple one color, popular designs are selling like hotcakes. As you see... it was that horrible black stamp that's impossible to entirely remove.

Heh, I don't have the time to actively pursue lots of dye sales, lol.

Another Commission dye here. Logo from Alexander Keiths beer. This was my first dye on a pearly disc and was amazed how long it took for the color to take into the plastic but really like the metallic look of the dye once it was in the plastic

IMG_0285.JPG

actively pursue lots of dye sales

Neither do I...

I don't have to stretch too far to sell a disc. The parking lot disc dalesman will move em for me, while he stands there selling his stock discs. That particular disc in my last post went to the first random discgolfer to walk by me. Mr. Salesman was not there today, and I just kind of showed the first group I seen. It was gone in a minute. Twenty bucks, bam. The red one went to a friend of a friend.

The traffic at my home course is literally insane. Doesn't take but a few minutes to sell a new custom dyed disc.

the disc dude @ local course is kind of a douche, he does his own poor dye jobs and gets very defensive about his turf, one of those "always right" kind of people, wish he was cooler we could make some money together.

Kabong that's a pleasant surprise, thought you were in Ca? Chiefs fan here and liking the chiefs dye!

Nicely done Nothingness, execution and color top notch! Beer logos are quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Pro-Line Red Spider.

Inverted the colors to cover up some lame Ink on the backside. Worked out quite well.

Anyone want it??? 22 shipped it's urs!!!

Structurally it's 8.5/10, just scuffs, but itself it's 7/10 (INK).

attachment.php

Neither do I...

I don't have to stretch too far to sell a disc. The parking lot disc dalesman will move em for me, while he stands there selling his stock discs. That particular disc in my last post went to the first random discgolfer to walk by me. Mr. Salesman was not there today, and I just kind of showed the first group I seen. It was gone in a minute. Twenty bucks, bam. The red one went to a friend of a friend.

The traffic at my home course is literally insane. Doesn't take but a few minutes to sell a new custom dyed disc.

heh, i should just dye a few Z buzzzes i have sitting around...I guess weeklys have started or will soon...wouldn't be too hard...

Power Rangers Samurai Red Ranger done for my nephew. Star TeeRex. It already had about 4 colors smeared into the plastic and tons of ink on the back. I was able to cover most with the dye. All in all I think it turned out pretty well. I delivered it to him yesterday and he loved it. :thmbup:

Attachments

• 225425_173564156031205_100001328643405_400895_2330121_n.jpg
    225425_173564156031205_100001328643405_400895_2330121_n.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 105
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
My Ape was ugly.. especially the new chubby innova logo
I guess this would be more appropriate for the upcoming ape/shark hybrid, but its the best I got
Innova-Ape-Champion-175.jpg

Few new dyes...went to Alaska this past summer and really dug all the totem poles that i was seeing
and then my attempt at that swirly one everyone does, somehow forgot to cut a piece out
All hand cut
img0042zx.jpg

img0041ou.jpg

img0040vr.jpg

img0043ov.jpg

Luv the totems Matty, that's some cool Mojo for your discs! The candy disc has kinda become the one to do after you get a plotter, nice try on handcutting that thing!

Craton I looked at both of those logos and some images just aren't made to be turned into a stencil, both of those fall into this category.

Haven't seen a Lebowski dye in a while so here's my Mark it Zero. I won a custom dyed Star aviar in the putting contest this weekend (2nd place), when I saw it I kinda chuckled, and then went home and "custom dyed" it :D
MIZStarAviarsDSC_7607.jpg

Kabong that's a pleasant surprise, thought you were in Ca? Chiefs fan here and liking the chiefs dye!

Nicely done Nothingness, execution and color top notch! Beer logos are quickly becoming one of my favorites!

Nothing wrong with bein' a Chief's fan! Great googely-moogely!

I lived there when I was a kid, and have stayed loyal since... And that hasn't always been easy!

In order 1st dye, 2nd dye, 3rd dye. 3rd dye is Dimebag

Attachments

• Picture 8.jpg
    Picture 8.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 9.jpg
    Picture 9.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 11.jpg
    Picture 11.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
Few new dyes...went to Alaska this past summer and really dug all the totem poles that i was seeing
and then my attempt at that swirly one everyone does, somehow forgot to cut a piece out
All hand cut
img0042zx.jpg

img0041ou.jpg

img0040vr.jpg

img0043ov.jpg

I love these. I live in AK, and never thought about dying totems, will definitely have to do some eventually

My most recent dye, Star Katana

Attachments

• 226933_10150235658145734_660580733_9210471_1916978_n.jpg
    226933_10150235658145734_660580733_9210471_1916978_n.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.