• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hyzer's and A P... nice discs and cool videos.... both and both!
here is tonight's project.... a dx leopard
dxleo2.jpg

Really good for DX Plastic!

I hate when I finish a dye that is 'post dated'. I can't (shouldn't) post it 'till the disc is received as the gift it is intended. Birthday in this case. It's a good one too. I'm loving the shave cream technique.

Going to add some marbling to the top. Hope it works.
Love this clear prodiscus plastic.

Unfortunately the marbling didn't take. Really wanted blue marbling on top to give the impression of water. Maybe I will try the saran wrap method. I've never tried it before. Maybe it would do what I'm after.

I had my fingers crossed for the SC Eky8, too bad. The saran wrap will do it, it's easy and pretty interesting. You'll want to be careful not to go too dark. Did you get any of the aquamarine from the dye lady? Might be a nice accent to the blue.

BooBoo, luv the Duke Nukem, colors are excellent!

Yeah, The first SC dye I tried was a premium jokeri. I think I tried scarlet and golden yellow. The scarlet took, but the yellow didn't. I wasn't quite sure what to expect this time, but I was hoping. I do have aquamarine. I also have light blue, evening blue and royal blue. I mixed all 4 in the shaving cream. And left it overnight. You can't see any coloration at all. Looks as clear as ever. I may give up and dye the rim fuchsia so I can find the disc and try it again later with another disc. This disc is going in my bag and it's extremely OS. More than likely I will be throwing to blind holes with it. So some color I can see probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

lmao extremely OS discs do not last very long in my bag, probably oughta dye the whole thing fuchsia... martian Koi :D

Those look nice guys! I love how this thread doesn't even need to be stickied.

Here's a quick one I did for a disc pass box. Good 'ol Z Buzzz, don't think it will last very long...
IMAG0039.jpg

Years of study, apprentice with a master, years of production work to get the hang of it and you'll be getting there. Or you could take the shortcut, I need an "intern", it's unpaid but you'll get a lot of great experience. Ever heard of inkscape?

Have I mentioned how much I enjoy this thread lately!

Did you just ask for an intern? WUT, huh? I'm old and have never heard of inkscape but would love to sit in on the sessions.
Have I mentioned how much I am baffled by the work of those who casually mention how they have produced another incredible dye. Sometimes I think it is more impressive than those who can throw a bazzilion feets. Dyes last a lot longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts