• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Flak

Initial Review

This will be quick as I just got it and put discs in it.

The bag looks and feels great. I got the blue/black and it looks amazing. Nice job there HB. I like all the pockets and storage looks like it should hold all my stuff easily. Feels really light on my back fully loaded.

The biggest cons I see so far are the putter and side pockets. I believe they were mentioned in a review earlier but I think its important enough to say it again. Right now I can't fit my rhyno in the top pocket or the side pockets. I can fit my magnet in the top and it comes out easy enough but it goes in a little tight. Also it is a tight fit to get even my mids in the side pockets. I can with a little effort but I'm not sure in the long run if the seams will stretch and tear. Time will tell there. The bottom does seem thin. It is made of different material than the rest of the bag. I thought it would have been made with the 1000d codura but its not. I am not sure how I feel about that. I hope it lasts. One last thought I never recieved my carabiner, not a big deal but I thought we were getting one. Maybe it will come with the rain cover.

Overall I like the bag. It just seems like a quarter inch on the pockets would have made a HUGE difference. I would like to hear HB thoughts on the pockets.

Just got my bag in and it looks sweet. My putter pocket fits my Anodes and Wizards perfectly. My side pockets will hold divers and mids well but only drivers with a 32oz nalgene in the holders. The bottom material is a bit weird as others were saying. Not sure what to think about that yet. The upper compartment fits a Condor almost as if it was made for it and a Condor will also fit nicely in the main disc storage. Overall I would have to say I'm pleased. Fits comfortably as well and I'm no runt at 6'1 240.

I'm excited for the improvements that will be made to the bag. My wife isn't letting me get anything but a Flak when the time comes..

Here are some more pics from custom bags!

6939770544_8d36e7f9bb_z.jpg

6939769864_42c0241599_z.jpg

They just look so, so good.

:(.......

1% resist level.

I feel ya, got tax return money coming in, but I just don't think I can pull the trigger on one yet since I got a voodoo bag at the end of last summer. Once the issues stated in here have been addressed and HB does the 2nd and 3rd runs, I might just have to get one.

Flak

Seems like this thread has died the last couple of days. Everybody out using their bags?

I used mine for league the other night. First off I got about 15 discs in the bottom 2 drivers on the side and my magnet in the putter pocket.
Getting the discs in and out of the bottom was easy. Putter pouch easy out not as easy going in. Like I said in my last review it is a little tight. The side pockets for the drivers they work well easy in and out , for drivers. I would have a hard time with mids. Putters on the side pockets not happening, at least for me. Just to tight. Thats with a drink in each holder. Even empty of drinks I still couldn't get a putter in the side pockets.

The bottom still has me worried as I have doubts that it will last as long as the rest of the bag. For me this is the part I'm most disappointed with.

My only other concern is with the straps. Now I own a fade bag and one of the straps broke. The reason I believe it broke is it is only about 1 inch wide and thin. My friend has a phenix quads and they just look a lot bigger and more durable. So in regards to the flak the main straps look great and are comfy, but the part that connects them to the bag look just like my fade straps and I hope they last. They may not have the same strain put on them like the fade and in the end it may not matter I'm just not sure yet. Time will tell here.

Comfort wise I really like the flak. I was never a big fan of quads as they hang low and by the end of a round my shoulders and back would be sore. So far this isnt an issue with the flak,maybe all backpack style bags are like this I don't know this is my first. I reallly like the straps they feel really nice and don't dig into me, the clip that connects them helps with the long walks. One thing I thought was cool was when standing if I stood just right the bottom of the bag would rest on my belt and it almost seemed like I didn't have a bag on at all. Im sure this has more to do with how the bag rests on my back but hey I tought it was nice as the bag felt almost weightless and I never had that with quads. They just hung way to low.

Overall I like the look and feel of the bag. Size wise it is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Good top storage which is one reason I wanted a backpack. If I had to give it a grade from 1-10 I would say a 7/10. I am hoping that if anything breaks(bottom,strap, seam) that HB will fix the issue in a manner that it will not happen again. Judging from there current customer service I have no doubts about this.

I used mine for league the other night. First off I got about 15 discs in the bottom 2 drivers on the side and my magnet in the putter pocket.
Getting the discs in and out of the bottom was easy. Putter pouch easy out not as easy going in. Like I said in my last review it is a little tight. The side pockets for the drivers they work well easy in and out , for drivers. I would have a hard time with mids. Putters on the side pockets not happening, at least for me. Just to tight. Thats with a drink in each holder. Even empty of drinks I still couldn't get a putter in the side pockets.

The bottom still has me worried as I have doubts that it will last as long as the rest of the bag. For me this is the part I'm most disappointed with.

My only other concern is with the straps. Now I own a fade bag and one of the straps broke. The reason I believe it broke is it is only about 1 inch wide and thin. My friend has a phenix quads and they just look a lot bigger and more durable. So in regards to the flak the main straps look great and are comfy, but the part that connects them to the bag look just like my fade straps and I hope they last. They may not have the same strain put on them like the fade and in the end it may not matter I'm just not sure yet. Time will tell here.

Comfort wise I really like the flak. I was never a big fan of quads as they hang low and by the end of a round my shoulders and back would be sore. So far this isnt an issue with the flak,maybe all backpack style bags are like this I don't know this is my first. I reallly like the straps they feel really nice and don't dig into me, the clip that connects them helps with the long walks. One thing I thought was cool was when standing if I stood just right the bottom of the bag would rest on my belt and it almost seemed like I didn't have a bag on at all. Im sure this has more to do with how the bag rests on my back but hey I tought it was nice as the bag felt almost weightless and I never had that with quads. They just hung way to low.

Overall I like the look and feel of the bag. Size wise it is perfect and exactly what I was looking for. Good top storage which is one reason I wanted a backpack. If I had to give it a grade from 1-10 I would say a 7/10. I am hoping that if anything breaks(bottom,strap, seam) that HB will fix the issue in a manner that it will not happen again. Judging from there current customer service I have no doubts about this.

Spot on with my thought except my putter pocket works great. I thought it was tight but my zipper opened about 3/8ths of an inch more making it perfect.

Latest posts