• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

discspeed said:
Anyone notice that most calling the PD "overrated" have the OLF in their bag? :problem:
I don't think the OLF is a better disc than a PD, just has a different flifgt charecteristic that I prefer. I only use them as a controlled distance driver, and like them on deep high hysers better than destroyers. But I do think eagles are better than PD's.

Sean40474 said:
I love this disc for sidearm and it does well for OH in the C-line.

sunspot said:
I don't throw discs that rhyme with puke.

but, but, puke doesn't rhyme with Nuke when you say it normally out loud.

How exactly do you pronounce puke and/or nuke?

It's hard for me to compare Eagles to PDs because they are not exactly interchangeable. If I replaced my PDs with Eagles I would only be able to use them on half the holes that I use PDs on. So that would mean throwing more shots with distance drivers, and that's never good imo. When you use the PD to it's potential it kind of dictates the other discs in your bag. So far it sounds like a lot of people are trying to shove the PD into a conventional slot when their bag is not set up to compliment it...It's like putting a talented running back into the wrong offensive scheme for his skills.

I can also compare PDs to Preds pretty well as I used Preds/Tsunamis for a couple of years...The only Pred comparable to a good PD is a beat Z Pred. The beat Pred has a bit more glide, but it also turns and fades more. The PD is still better in the wind due to the Pred's tendency to lift/airbounce. Distance is pretty similar as the PD is faster and flies straighter. The biggest difference to me is what happens when I throw them in the water. It takes at least year to beat a Z Pred into goodness, but PDs are good right off the shelf.

Sean40474 said:
sunspot said:
I don't throw discs that rhyme with puke.

but, but, puke doesn't rhyme with Nuke when you say it normally out loud.

How exactly do you pronounce puke and/or nuke?

Well you know there brother, you got to stress the "u" like southerner to make it work. Either that or listen to crunk music and make things that don't ryhme rhyme.

discspeed said:
It's hard for me to compare Eagles to PDs because they are not exactly interchangeable. If I replaced my PDs with Eagles I would only be able to use them on half the holes that I use PDs on. So that would mean throwing more shots with distance drivers, and that's never good imo. When you use the PD to it's potential it kind of dictates the other discs in your bag. So far it sounds like a lot of people are trying to shove the PD into a conventional slot when their bag is not set up to compliment it...It's like putting a talented running back into the wrong offensive scheme for his skills.

So true. When contemplating adding a new driver to my bag I always ask myself "How will this compliment my PD's?", because of it's unique versatility throughout the different plastics I've had trouble trying to add a fairway driver to bridge between it and my Buzzz.

I used to throw the Stalker but recently have taken it out of my bag, I've just recently been able to throw my Buzzz's within 10'-20' of Stalker Range on a very similar line but with TONS more control. So while it held it's own for awhile I think I might have finally outgrown the Stalker.

Can anyone possibly suggest me a stable to slightly-understable fairway to pair up with PD? Been thinking about Eagle-L's, Leopards, Cyclones, XL's, I know there's tons of great fairways out there I just don't really want to have to try them all before finding something I like.

So the highest PLH of the bunch is a red,mildly translucent s line. It's only translucent with back light. The other s is orange and not translucent. Is the red "champy star"? Oh and the red is pretty stiff too, stiffer than the orange and the flightplate is even stiffer than the plate on the c line

C Eagle L is wicked long for me way longer than a speed 7 should be. I adjusted grip and finally got my injuries to almost allow me to use the modified power grip with a new grip for tall putters that i couldn't use previously. So two more stressing grips are straining my injuries. Speed 7 wings are exactly the width of my index finger middle section so that ain't a detriment to my grip strength. With the mofidied power grip i may have a stronger grip or otherwise my smash factor improves over faster discs. The CEL flies almost as far as speed 10 third kind of Beasts that fade little and late. I'm almost on par with high PLH STDs with that Eagle. Weird. Looks like lots more finger strength training is in order to see if i could push faster discs to perform equally well for their speed. I do throw farther with faster discs but real gains start to happen at speeds higher than 10. A good thing because if i can increase the amount of speed 7 disc drives it's all good because there will be less skippage, sliding and shorter glances from obstacles leading to fewer trees in the way for the second shot on average. I do need to field throw PDs too with the modified power grip. Nice things might occur.

So it sounds like Eagle-L's might make a nice compliment, despite the fact there will probably be a little overlap distance wise.

Well after ten throws, wearing work boots/pants, this is a flipping sweet disc. Consider me part of the hype. I can't wait to work this thing in more disc golf friendly clothing.

himynameismatt said:
So it sounds like Eagle-L's might make a nice compliment, despite the fact there will probably be a little overlap distance wise.

I'm afraid that there is too much overlap but i need to do a shootout in the field and on the courses to see what's what.

Threw an ESP Cyclone for the first time yesterday. It's going to be pushing my Stalker hard as the disc I use to go between my Buzzz and PD. Not as long as my Stalkers but flew, straighter with quite a bit more control and predictability because of the nice fade at the end. Excited to see if it will make the cut. But back to PD's got a First Run S-Line coming my way this week. I'm crazy excited.

You must have one of the less piggy ESP Cyclones then. Mine is an absolute brick that is close but a little shorter than my Z Stalkers and Cyclone dump fades thus losing a lot of the D. I have heard there are different kinds of Cyclones in ESP.

I just took out my fairways again in favor of an all-PD setup. Last year I did this, but it did not stick. I think this was largely because I was trying to use too many PPDs, which are all over the place in terms of flight character. This year I've now got quite a stash of SPDs broken in to various stages and I've really been feeling powered down lines with them. I simply haven't been throwing my JLS/QJLS enough to justify keeping them in the bag at this time.

Latest posts