• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

PRES 10 said:
ok im thinking about trying out the PD (again). Ive been a teebird thrower for a while. Should I get a couple P lines and see how i like em or a P and an S? Also what would you reccomend to fill the gap between roc and PD? Gazelle maybe i would like something that is in midgrade plastic but dx would do i guess.

I also am a teebird thrower and am in the process of switching to the PD. I started with a P and S and loved them both. I'd get one of each. The S is only a little bit more stable. I'd say they're similar to the TL in terms of stability. Both are less stable than the Teebird. When you're throwing hyzer shots over 350' I found both discs can easily flip to flat and fade forward, which is great if that's what you want to do but not so great if you want a lot of right to left movement. My friend recently threw my 170 S-PD into an abyss of briers, so I'm buying a few max weight S-PDs and a few Champs in the hopes of getting something a little more stable to replace it. We'll see.

oblivion said:
so last night I lost my perfectly seasoned S-pd in a swamp. This thing was money for backhand and side arm. Powered down dead straight 300, or thrown harder and higher a nice 350-380 s curve. My question is, I have never thrown a TL before, would a TL behave similar to a seasoned s-pd? Obviously it will be a little slower, and I love my champ teebirds, even though they overlap with the PD, they seem to have a touch more HSS. So TL anyone?

In my limited experience, the PD has a little more HSS and a little less LSS. The PD has more turn later in their flight and a straighter finish, and yet, I trust it a little more into head wind. (maybe that's just because I have more practice with it.) Anyway, if you want to replace your seasoned S-PD why not get a P-PD? It's really similar but beats up a little quicker and has less LSS. It's money.

To follow up on my pd dilemma, I had a chance to throw a friends max wieght star TL yesterday. It was pretty damn close to what I was looking for! That disc is deceptively long, one throw reaching 415. It seems more torque sensitive than the s-pd however. I guess I will have to fool around with both while I work to season a new pd. Thanks for the ideas

I wonder how much they will go for since there are only 100

you gonna try to get 1 from Europe also to complete the set?

Today the PD officially beat out my E* Destroyers as my primary D driver. I just seem to be able to hit them so much more consistently. I'm keeping some really overstable Destroyers to compliment my PDs and for low ceilings, but my S-PDs have just been bombing for me. The grip is so much more comfortable and the flight so much more forgiving...

zj1002 said:
I wonder how much they will go for since there are only 100

you gonna try to get 1 from Europe also to complete the set?
not sure how much. I wouldn't think a whole lot but I aint gonna order any. Shipping would kill to get em over here. I'll just have to wait and hope we get some standard production cpds. But dave d says it's up to discmania to release them or keep em cfr

Argh, so tempted. But I already have 4 C-PDs and I've already sponsored the Presidents Cup in the form of two Katanas.
Discmania.fi @ Facebook said:
Discmania julkaisee C-linjan levitykseen kaudelle 2011.
What it means: Discmania will release the production run C-PD in 2011.

Booter - I plan to add a PD and pearly Orc back to the bag this weekend. see if they stick. need something that can flip and hold the turn

oblivion said:
The p-pd's I have are definately more wind sensitive than the seasoned s, and even my most stable p-pd doesn't fight back the way the s did. I guess I have to start beating up another s-pd. I am still going to try a TL I think as a potential quick fix

When you say "wind sensitive" what do you mean? I'd agree they're slightly less stable. But, they're not "flukey" in wind. They just turn. I enjoy throwing the P-PD into light head wind for turn-overs and hyzer-flips. The TL has a little more fade I think.

zj1002 said:
Booter - I plan to add a PD and pearly Orc back to the bag this weekend. see if they stick. need something that can flip and hold the turn
welcome back! What's the pearly orc for? If you want smething that will hold a turn I'd suggest trying out a td rush. If you don't like the feel get you a ppd. Eventually it'll beat into a nice turn over.and with the courses we hav it won't take long to beat in.

if you can't find a pearly orc. Lmk. I got oodles of em and I might be able to part with one.

I'm sure zam will have some pearlies though. He's got a shat load

I know what both discs do. I need the Orc for low ceiling shots. I am pretty sure PIAS had a shat load last time I went, I just decided not to buy them.