• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Gospel of the PD

discspeed said:
jubuttib said:
I'm sure we'll see some variation in the domeyness of the C-PD when they enter regular production next year...

Yeah, I highly suspect Dave D. performed his "stabilizing process" on the CFR runs of C-PDs. Not only are they all pretty flat, but the parting line height is ridiculously high compared to all other PDs. I suspect Jussi requested this.

I felt this as well once I got the first runs.

Timko said:
discspeed said:
jubuttib said:
I'm sure we'll see some variation in the domeyness of the C-PD when they enter regular production next year...

Yeah, I highly suspect Dave D. performed his "stabilizing process" on the CFR runs of C-PDs. Not only are they all pretty flat, but the parting line height is ridiculously high compared to all other PDs. I suspect Jussi requested this.

I felt this as well once I got the first runs.

How do the FR Champs fly?

Every C-PD (4 Big D, 2 DGR's and 1 Asia Open) i've thrown flies the same. They change a bit as you beat them in, but they're all pretty overstable.

Oh man. I just got 2 red s line pds from disc golf center and holy shit do they feel nice. They are also like completely see through. I need to go throw them!

rusch_bag said:
Oh man. I just got 2 red s line pds from disc golf center and holy shit do they feel nice. They are also like completely see through. I need to go throw them!

It's like special blend Orc plastic. Those are the best ones for long straight shots with fade...and the longest PDs I've thrown...and the ones I've aced with. :D It's cool that they made so many. Dave D. must really like Jussi...

rusch_bag said:
:D I am excited now. What should I expect out of the box?

Less HSS than other S-PDs, but more of a straight push with a slight understable drift than an actual high speed turn. They glide a little better as well. I think the nicest thing about them though is that they are far grippier. That combination of better grip and straighter flight seems to allow for more touch than the other S-PDs, and once you get one seasoned it really eliminates any use for a P-PD.

Ryan C said:
Were they freak stamped?

Yes, the new red ones we got were. As I said in my post above though, it looks like they are using the Freak and the PD stamps on all the discs, so there is no difference between the freaks and non-freaks. I now have about 8 (I think) champy star reds...all of them have the PD stamp except the new one. Also, the really see through ones are all 171-173. The heavier red ones aren't as transparent. And before anyone says "I have a 175 that's clear", put it on a scale, because my 173 says 175.

Hole 5, local pitch and putt, 219 downhill, OB sidewalk beyond pin. Basket is directly between the two furthest trees.
74246E9A239F4E01A3.sc.jpg

Low line drive flick with a skip just for show...
2B1BD7910A8D4D60B1.sc.jpg

Witnessed by a college student walking to her dorm.

I tested my orange/yellow PDs today and they are indeed stable...They are still S-PDs though, and when I really got on them they flattened just a bit. I think I'm going to carry my seasoned red one along with one of these stable new ones. I forgot how nice a fresh and overstable S-PD is...

Sean40474 said:
Gratz on the ace...seems like too much disc for that distance though :p
Eh, for the low line drive I took, and wanting it to finish hyzer. The XXX would fade too much, Buzzz not enough, PD was just right.

ferretdance03 said:
Sean40474 said:
Eh, for the low line drive I took, and wanting it to finish hyzer. The XXX would fade too much, Buzzz not enough, PD was just right.

Heh... well obviously it was just right!

Is that how you normally play that hole? By the looks of it I think I'd try and turn a Fuse or an Ion over into there. Or if I was feeling particularly accurate that day I'd try and run it straight with a fuse.

what'shisname said:
ferretdance03 said:
Sean40474 said:

Heh... well obviously it was just right!

Is that how you normally play that hole? By the looks of it I think I'd try and turn a Fuse or an Ion over into there. Or if I was feeling particularly accurate that day I'd try and run it straight with a fuse.

With that downhill slope I imagine those shots would be more likely to fly past the hole. I too would probably throw a standstill FH shot with a PD.

Yeah the turnover usually goes long, and you can't really see it from my pic, but the outside hyzer (rhbh) line usually gets chopped down by wayward tree limbs.

Latest posts