• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Great Discraft Magnet

Can not find any magnets on most retailers online, they are still in production right?

Can not find any magnets on most retailers online, they are still in production right?
I saw two a couple of weeks ago; the store had two Magnets and two Challengers that had new stamps on them (didn't say Pro D on them anywhere) so I'm going to say yes, they are still in production.

New stamp:

picture.php

I never really felt these things lived up to their "chain slamming" moniker myself. :|

Then again I'm more prone to "fluttering" into the chains.

Sorry for the drift, but...

Every time I see this thread updated I wonder what Biker is up to.

Of course, it's quite possible that I may have already missed some old news.

I say he's still here with a different username but I have no proof. Agred though, miss MNB

Every time I see this thread I ask why people don't just throw the Clutch;)

Sorry for the drift, but...

Every time I see this thread updated I wonder what Biker is up to.

Of course, it's quite possible that I may have already missed some old news.
I don't think he plays anymore. He makes bluetooth speakers out of old ammunition boxes, though.

picture.php

You could look him up and ask if he would make a DGCR-themed one and see if he remember us.

I don't think he plays anymore. He makes bluetooth speakers out of old ammunition boxes, though.

picture.php

You could look him up and ask if he would make a DGCR-themed one and see if he remember us.

I can't tell if this was just totally random because you're bored or for real. :)

I found the videos on YT. So the guy is in TX. Was Biker's name Phil? If so, I didn't know that. Pretty cool speaker, except for the hideous decorations. :D

Maybe I'll throw a like and comment on the video to see his reply.

MB has his name in his DGCR profile, so I don't think he was trying to stay secret. I have his name on the rim of a Qmega he traded to me for...a Magnet. :p

Never met MB myself, but he seemed very much like a WYSIWYG type of guy. Never one to hide who he was or troll as an alt.

I've never really tried a Magnet. The closest I came was giving a few away. I hear they work about as well as any other putter. You gotta put 'em on the chains.

Last edited:
Never met MB myself, but he seemed very much like a WYSIWYG type of guy. Never one to hide who he was or troll as an alt.

I've never really tried a Magnet. The closest I came was giving a few away. I hear they work about as well as any other putter. You gotta put 'em on the chains.
They wiggle quite a bit; they are not as HSS as say an Aviar but they fade pretty hard. They also ride a pretty high line. Back in the 90's they didn't seem out of the ordinary but now if you are using one of those lower-profile putters and try to switch to a Magnet, you probably won't have any idea what to do with it.

For your comparison, a tick more HSS than an APX but with a lot more fade and a lot less glide.

Not to mention the hideous hand feel.
The Magnet is the single grossest feeling disc ever made.

Pick literally anything else and you're better off.

Latest posts