• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Great Discraft Magnet

For your comparison, a tick more HSS than an APX but with a lot more fade and a lot less glide.
Glad I gave them away. You'll have to pry my APX's (Swirls or Softs) from my cold, dead hands. I love their lack of stability and less pronounced fade.

Love their glide for "Patent Pending" shots, and annie runs at well protected baskets.

Please bury me with my Swirls.

Last edited:
I never really felt these things lived up to their "chain slamming" moniker myself. :|

Then again I'm more prone to "fluttering" into the chains.

Played a round with Mike Randolph. The magent was banging chains from <80'. Like for real. The dude never missed. I've seen lots of good putters, but he was unreal. Always wanted to use the magnet after watching his performance.

Played a round with Mike Randolph. The magent was banging chains from <80'. Like for real. The dude never missed. I've seen lots of good putters, but he was unreal. Always wanted to use the magnet after watching his performance.
People always forget that any Discraft-sponsored player from the 90's was putting with a Magnet.

When I first started using a Soft Magnet, it felt weird, and I didn't think I would ever like it. I mostly do a hard, straight spin putt, and the more I kept using the Soft Magnet, the better I was releasing it, and I noticed it starting to be a chain magnet. Fast forward and after 2-3 months of practicing with about 25 different putters, SM not only made my bag, but has become my go to putter. Loving it going for the chains from any distance, loving it for approach shots, works for me curving around trees - hyzer and anhyzer both. It appears to be the winner of my competition to find a favorite putter, and at first I did not like it at all - it won me over!

I find the magnet to be not great for putting but is easily one of the top 3 throwing putters for laser straight shots 300 and in.

I picked up a soft 4 chain magnet a few months back. No ink, thrown but almost new from a used bin. I got it cause A) I know it is worth more than the $5 I paid. B) My first putter was a 4 chain soft magnet (that I found out a decade later had quite a bit of glow in it) C) I am loving putting my tortuga and its bottom wing has reminded me of a magnet so I wanted to try a magnet again. Still prefer the flat top of the tort for throwing, but I could see a world I want to approach/putt Magnets again. Point and shoot money.

I practice with many putters - keep trying to see if there is something I do better with. Probably got over 30 putters, and so far I still keep going back to the SM. I put something else in my bag, too, putt a few times, maybe even a round, but so far I always end up going back to the SMs. Getting a few more putters today, including a hard Magnet - try them out - see if anybody can dethrone the champ. At this point, thinking even if I change my putting putter, I may have to keep my SMs for approach shots and hyzers. Today makes two days in a row I nailed about a 35 foot hyzer putt (both around trees) for birdie - two different holes. Plus, this one, I spiked pretty high - just wanted to get it close - hear the cha-ching - peak out around the tree hoping it stayed in - YUP!!! Challenging hole - lots of trees, and heavy bushes down the right side - first time any of my group birdied this hole!

rock2.gif

Latest posts