• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The hardest part of getting 1st ace.

I have two aces, and both times, I was not going for an ace, I was just trying to get close to the basket to set up for a good second shot.

Is there a new rule? I see all the time people post they haven't read the whole thread, I never remember you whining about it before.

Probably because they didn't come in trying to look smart by attacking posts...when they obviously had no clue the context, or history, of what they were talking about.

By the way, I don't think common courtesy and respect are "new rules".

Do you want me to get off your lawn now?

I hope someone that hits it on the second or more shot from the tee asks me to sign their disc. "This idiot thinks the second shot off the tee is an ace." That will be the signature. Big enough to cover the whole back plate.

that's a pretty good way to get punched pretty hard by somebody with a different philosophy on aces.

that's a pretty good way to get punched pretty hard by somebody with a different philosophy on aces.

Lucky the people I play with all know what an ace really is. You know, first shot from the tee into the basket. Anything else is just practice. Pretty.... but practice.

I quoted how I came into this thread.
You can get off my lawn after you explain wtf you're talking about.

Probably because they didn't come in trying to look smart by attacking posts...when they obviously had no clue the context, or history, of what they were talking about.

By the way, I don't think common courtesy and respect are "new rules".

Do you want me to get off your lawn now?

I always like adding this little bit of disc golf history into a discussion on what is and is not an ace.

True story, feel free to ask the thrower.

PDGA Super Tour event, a well known disc golfer throws his first shot off the tee, someone on his card calls a foot fault.
Warning and a re-throw.
The re-throw, or second shot off the tee, goes in the basket for a recorded one (1) on the scorecard.

Dave Greenwell got the ace, or whatever you want to call it. :popcorn:

The hardest part of getting your first ace? Selling the children to pay the devil for it. Sadly, I am childless, and thus no aces. :p

I liked whoever said the hardest part about getting your first ace was figuring out how to insert it in every conversation afterwards! :thmbup: