• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

It'd make sense, to me at least, to push for a bigger following in the states with the tour going on. Does anyone know if they have a trilogy type deal? I assuming they do since Paul throws some DM and Simon throws some Innova, or used to at least. I got to see Eagle a little here in Arlington at the Veterans Open, very awesome humble guy and was a blast watching.

I've seen Eagle throw a lot more being here in CO. Its crazy to watch how much speed and honest-to-God power he generates. I think most of us know that most who "need" OS discs just have poopy form...not Eagle McMahon. Its just crazy to watch in person.

Yeah, it's a statement on how important technique is because he doesn't seem to be a very strong person. Same with Schusterick.

It'd make sense, to me at least, to push for a bigger following in the states with the tour going on. Does anyone know if they have a trilogy type deal? I assuming they do since Paul throws some DM and Simon throws some Innova, or used to at least. I got to see Eagle a little here in Arlington at the Veterans Open, very awesome humble guy and was a blast watching.

Simon has a Discmania only contract. But yes, there is some kind of cooperation between Innova, Discmania and Millennium allowing some (most?) sponsored players to choose between all brands.

Besides Simon I think Niloofar Mosavar Rahmani (Millennium) also is locked to one brand. For those not knowing who that is, she has the womens distance record and was among the best female European disc golfers.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Innova molds Innova, Discmania and millennium.

Discraft molds Discraft and DGA.

Latitude molds latitude, west side and dynamic.

These are players from these companies are allowed to interchange.

The reason gateway and legacy players can as well are the options of the owners of the companies.

Why is this so hard to understand?

Innova molds Innova, Discmania and millennium.

Discraft molds Discraft and DGA.

Latitude molds latitude, west side and dynamic.

These are players from these companies are allowed to interchange.

The reason gateway and legacy players can as well are the options of the owners of the companies.

While they share manufacturing capabilities, Innova and DiscMania are separate and distinct companies. They aren't simply interchangeable, hence McBeth is sponsored by Innova, Lizzotte with DM. It's not a cafeteria of choose anything you want, more like a concession on unique molds the players want, and quite possibly a bit of marketing as well.

While they share manufacturing capabilities, Innova and DiscMania are separate and distinct companies. They aren't simply interchangeable, hence McBeth is sponsored by Innova, Lizzotte with DM. It's not a cafeteria of choose anything you want, more like a concession on unique molds the players want, and quite possibly a bit of marketing as well.

Same rational applies to Latitude64, Westside and Dynamic. Separate and distinct companies that share manufacturing (all at Latitude), however players with any of the three companies are allowed to mix and match their bags among all three brands (speaking from authority here as one of those players).

Without knowing exactly how their contracts are worded, no one can say with any certainty what Paul or Simon are allowed and not allowed to do. But it seems reasonable from observation of various other Team Innova and Discmania players, to expect they're allowed to mix and match in the "Innova" family as they see fit.

I posted this earlier, but in the contract it's strongly suggested the DM pros throw Discmania only. (Per two of their pros) Simon being the DM poster child makes sense to sign him to DM only. Eagle by my guess will be closely following behind him. Otherwise I sense a feeling of company pride from the other pros on the team and they all choose to be DM only. Really all DM is missing in their lineup is a max/stupid OS disc, MD4 OS mid and then a reworked TD family mold for rollers and turning shots. So most of the guys can get away without throwing innova.

Avery and Nate get the best of both worlds using Discmania primarily for more tour funds and support.

With Discmania being 2-3 molds away from a complete lineup, I bet all DM bags could be the norm soon. However we will still see the Sexton and Avvery model for top Innova pros or names.

There should be a stipulation in every Discmania pro contract that allows them to bag a Firebird. Because.......FIREBIRD!!!

Agree! The FD3 isn't OS enough.

Dollar will be going Trilogy. There's text from GG somewhere talking about how close he and Dollar are and how they're switching together.

I could easily see Lat64 working for him.

The Spark/XXX and Sinus or Macana could work for his game. Wouldn't be too surprised if he took a step forward with the Lat lineup.

If Drew does go to DM it would make sense. Him, Eagle and Simon. Jussi's courting the big arms.

Looking at his post again, it's apparent that he's not going to Discmania. Unless he and Jussi are slow-rolling, which would seem pointless. Jussi essentially says 'thanks for the memories' in regard to Drew's post. Pretty sure Drew ends up going to Lat64. Feldy taking all the big names.

He did have a Harp in that pic. So that tells everything right?

Shouldn't this thread be picking up steam by now? It should be full of official press conferences.