• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Awesome Anon! That was great.

I spoke with Val a while back asking about her leaving or entertaining offers elsewhere...for what its worth, just as a nobody to her, she said she would never leave the company that raises and supports world champions.

Something to keep in mind when talking about market share for all these companies: While they may have changed relative to one another the overall market is growing rapidly. So Prodigy's market share may be growing or shrinking depending on what anecdotal evidence you choose to believe, but either way their over all volume may still be increasing.

On the Prodigy market share, I don't see too much of it here in the SC Upstate. You'll see a guy or two throwing it, but for the most part it's a solid mix of Innova, who have been here forever, and Trilogy, (Josh Childs being Trilogy sponsored probably helped that happen, as well as PIAS) with a healthy amount of Discraft and a decent amount of Gyro family discs thrown in. I know a few guys on the Clemson club team throw some prodigy discs, but they're a minority disc in their bags, and I don't bag any of it. I've thrown a PA3, which I didn't like, and have an M3(?) which I like a lot, but it overlaps with my Claymore and roc3 enough to where I'm not blowing my lineup up for it. Otherwise, you'll see guys here and there with a Prodigy disc or two, but I don't really see many, if any, players rocking a Prodigy heavy or Prodigy only lineup.

So was just cruising around Facebook and Paige's page no longer says she is a player ambassador at Prodigy disc.

LOL at this Paige stuff.

Crispin said on Facebook "Prodigy is still her disc sponsor.....she is a friend and HSCo is sponsoring her w/ softgoods for the year as a gear sponsor."

So page after page after page (pun intended) of her throwing DD / Triology was, like most of this thread, wrong.

Yeah this Crispin guy is the end all authority huh? Put something on the line if you're so confident.

Yeah this Crispin guy is the end all authority huh? Put something on the line if you're so confident.

I could def. be wrong. I am just saying it's funny that he made that comment.

If I was sponsored my sponsors would have a pretty good idea of discs I would be using. If they didn't they are terrible at business.

I spoke with Val a while back asking about her leaving or entertaining offers elsewhere...for what its worth, just as a nobody to her, she said she would never leave the company that raises and supports world champions.

That's good. Now for Mr. Dunipace to reward that loyalty with a production run Valarie Jenkins Doss sig disc.....

It's certainly possible that leaving the team means their shares can be bought back by the majority shareholders. In fact in order to avoid conflict of interest this seems likely.

In corporate America, typically they try to buy back the stock. Some companies write in a provision when you get your stock if I understand correctly.

It does seem a marketing disaster to have a player with an opponent's discs owning part of your company.

Gotta give props to how much DD is promoting Drew Gibson right now, really rolled out the red carpet for him. Already has more sig discs than some world champs and getting a ton of marketing attention from them.

Gotta give props to how much DD is promoting Drew Gibson right now, really rolled out the red carpet for him. Already has more sig discs than some world champs and getting a ton of marketing attention from them.

I was just going to mention this. Dynamic Discs is treating him awesome. Newspaper article in the Gazzette and all. Designed him a clever logo as well. Really cool company to be a part of.

Doing big thangs!

I was just going to mention this. Dynamic Discs is treating him awesome. Newspaper article in the Gazzette and all. Designed him a clever logo as well. Really cool company to be a part of.

Doing big thangs!

His signature stamped discs are pretty cool. DD is selling a limited run ( 25 per mold ) of a few different discs with his "DG" stamp and actual signature on them now:

https://www.dynamicdiscs.net/New-Releases-s/1857.htm

Doing big thangs!

Good for both of them! I'm a big fan of Drew's game and hope to see him do great things in the future.

Good for both of them! I'm a big fan of Drew's game and hope to see him do great things in the future.

It'll make a difference in his game having a sponsor that's really trying to support him.

-----------

Anyone know the official word on Barsby yet?

Latest posts