• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Hailey King is the latest in a long list of names people think could truly challenge Paige. Every other name has failed to take that step. I like Hailey but let's pump the brakes a little there.

The two Finnish girls (Eve and Henna) I believe are still both teenagers. They both have the potential to be really, really good. Between them and Hailey, it's really a matter of who spends the next 5 years playing and training all the time and basically becoming a professional athlete as a career versus pursuing a traditional career and family.

Hailey is 18. Henna is 20. Eveliina is 21. Kristin is 28. Paige is 29.

Maybe those first three will be ready to pick up the crown if Paige starts to slip in the next five years but I still don't see them just rising up to take it away while Paige is still at her best.

Hailey is 18. Henna is 20. Eveliina is 21. Kristin is 28. Paige is 29.

Maybe those first three will be ready to pick up the crown if Paige starts to slip in the next five years but I still don't see them just rising up to take it away while Paige is still at her best.

Looking at the 2019 results, Eveliina beat Paige in Las Vegas and Memorial
Paige beat Eveliina at Worlds and European Open

In 2020 Paige beat Eveliina at Memorial but Eveliina Won WACO

So in the last two years i would say they are very even. .

listening to the PDGA podcast, Catrina mentioned her contract is up this year

Ultiworld reported last December that she had signed a 2 year extension through 2021. Did something happen that this changed? Was it a wink/nod deal like DD used against Paige?

I would think sticking with Prodigy is probably the most likely, I definitely don't see her moving to DD or Discraft. Not that it really matters these days, but I would guess her bf Austin Hannum would move to Prodigy before she moved to Discraft.

There's some hot take hype in this thread already.

You see Kyle Klein play two rounds and suggest that he could take Eagle's spot?

Here's my own hot take: Eagle will soon be the best player in the game and hold that status for several years. Eagle should go the Paul McBeth route and start his own brand within an existing company.

I agree with you about Eagle the way he's playing right now makes him the only person you can consistently count on challenging Mcbeth.

Kyle take Eagles spot? maybe not, but he seems on pace to outplay Simon for the year. Looks like he's 3/6 beating Lizotte at events they both attend. Not that sponsors care too much about that. Simon currently has the ability to move far more discs than Kyle does at this point. Additionally if Simon gets his forehand back I'm guessing he moves back up the finishing order some. Kyle definitely has some potential but too early to call him the next Eagle.

listening to the PDGA podcast, Catrina mentioned her contract is up this year

The fact she said that publicly.... tells me a move is coming. I could see her going to Innova for that classic Brand vs Brand battle. Catrina @ Innova vs Paige @ DD. That dynamic works well for both companies.

You see Kyle Klein play two rounds and suggest that he could take Eagle's spot?

I said if Eagle did make a move the crush boy dynamic wouldn't change that much. And I've been checking out Klein for more than just 2 rounds. (2019 USADGC Champion, 2019 Next Generation Tour Champion) young dude has crazy potential.

Cat mentioning her contract being up at the end of the year doesn't imply anything.

I'm sure with Paige at DC Innova would be interested in having Cat. If she's happy at Prodigy an offer from Innova would only help negotiate a better deal.

Floating the idea out there doesn't mean anything necessarily...she's just promoting her own brand trying to maximize income.

It's not a package deal. Just 2 names that are going to be available that DD is apparently looking at. I'm guessing they are more just trying to give off the illusion of being able to attain top tier pros.

Aderhold is choosing between them and Discraft. Smart money on the latter.

Unless Aderhold ends up with another brand like Infinite Discs snagging him as a prospect top level player. Infinite Discs is a very similar company to what the OTB sponsorship is but just able to pay $$$ up more for the player due to Infinite being the top disc seller of almost all discs online, outside of the individual disc manufactures selling discs.

Remember when Prodigy was the hottest DG company for like 8 months? Seems like a long time ago (when they were using Prodigy stamped Innova discs.)

Remember when Prodigy was the hottest DG company for like 8 months? Seems like a long time ago (when they were using Prodigy stamped Innova discs.)

or Dynamic Disc was mostly a stamp Eric McCabe put on his run of Discraft Discs and his own line of clothing, golf towels, and disc golf quad strap bags?

Out of the original Prodigy team Will, Cale, and Cat are the only ones still with them correct?

I want to think Seppo and Ragna were added a couple months after the initial group? Paige, Cat, Will, Cale, Ricky, Jerm, Uli, Nikko, and GG?

Colglazier and Matty O both joined later and both left only to return. Not sure exactly when Dickerson joined but it wasn't at the very beginning. KJ is only in his second year with then after Prodiscus?

Anybody else worth noting that was sponsored by them at one point?

Cat mentioning her contract being up at the end of the year doesn't imply anything.

I think it 100% implies a message being sent to her existing and potential new sponsors that she is available and hopefully some offers will come in, potentially starting a bidding war.

Floating the idea out there doesn't mean anything necessarily...she's just promoting her own brand trying to maximize income.

Again..I think it's an obvious public message being sent...for obvious hopeful financial reasons.

Latest posts