• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Not my point.

Only basis Innova would have to "go after DD" for signing Ricky would be some type of non-compete collusion, which would then violate anti-trust laws.

IMO.

It seems that Ricky would use non-compete collusion against Innova, not the other way around, if they tried to prevent him from leaving. Collusion is when two companies cooperate with each other, not the other way around.

** I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on the interwebs **

Strange, I would say Valerie is a better player and has more potential as a player. Only explenation is a "social media presence", that she is hte main gun in FPO for DD.

What is your support argument for Valerie being the better player? Other than a monocular commercial we got to see all the time neither do much social media.

It seems that Ricky would use non-compete collusion against Innova, not the other way around, if they tried to prevent him from leaving. Collusion is when two companies cooperate with each other, not the other way around.

** I'm not an attorney and I don't play one on the interwebs **

I think kaboom nailed it post 997.

"Charlie Eisenhood and Josh Mansfield welcome in MVP-sponsored Sarah Hokom, Discraft Team Captain Paul Ulibarri, and USDGC Event Director and former Innova Team Manager Jonathan Poole for a discussion of the evolution of player sponsorships from manufacturers and the future of endorsement deals in the sport."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chBIhjpMRZY

Just watched this. Interesting and more revealing than I expected.

I'll bet that Jonathan Poole is a good poker player.

Disc golf needs more money, guns and lawyers.

Don't forget blackjack and hookers. -TylerJ

"Fear and Loathing at The Las Vegas Challenge 2022."
I see a Hunter S. Thompson/Coen Brothers mashup. It could be to disc golf what "The Big Lebowski" was to bowling.

Do you think Innova would actually go after DD or will they simply make a whole bunch of new discs with law based names and then make passive aggressive twitter posts about being the "original felons" :p

We'll, we know it's within Innova's playbook arsenal. Probably depends on if the deals were, like, 'muh hurt feels' level or not.

Innova is probably just fine not even acknowledging the Felon and using that tweet space to advertise their new run of Firebirds, or whatever.

I figured since it worked so well for Drew I for the tenth year in a row with throw a mixed bag. I just inked a deal with myself to remain as my sole sponsor. I thought about leaving my current deal in spite of how well it has worked over the years. In the end since my wife refused to sign me regardless of the concessions I made, I stuck with myself.

In other news, I've opted to stay with MVP Disc Sports for 2022.

https://mvpdiscsports.com/teammvp/npolitte/

We'll, we know it's within Innova's playbook arsenal. Probably depends on if the deals were, like, 'muh hurt feels' level or not.

I would think the hurt feelings are all the fanboys complaining about Innova doing this. It's their molds they can do what they want with them, all these Discmania people are pissed because they were stupid enough to let themselves get gouged spending 50 bucks for what is essentially two knockoff beadless aviars in Dx plastic, and now someone is putting all that stuff out at a non insane price. Frankly other than the PD, FD, and DD3 most of the molds were meh to begin with. Discmania is the most overhyped and overrated company in disc golf.

I would think the hurt feelings are all the fanboys complaining about Innova doing this. It's their molds they can do what they want with them, all these Discmania people are pissed because they were stupid enough to let themselves get gouged spending 50 bucks for what is essentially two knockoff beadless aviars in Dx plastic, and now someone is putting all that stuff out at a non insane price. Frankly other than the PD, FD, and DD3 most of the molds were meh to begin with. Discmania is the most overhyped and overrated company in disc golf.

Everybody pays for what they want. Including Innova and their sponsored players.
:hfive:

I did watch the Kona practice video. And enjoyed it. A few thoughts.

- The DD social media MO seems to be sometimes cringey inane babble about shot flights and discs. Kona fits that a bit, though she is overall very likeable.
- I thought it was really funny that she was chucking discs off into the shule in part because McCabe refuses to acknowledge familiar molds. Felon, it is like a Firebird. That's a Trespass. It is our beat in Destroyer type disc.
- I thought it was funny that she repeatedly didn't get the corny "S Word" thing.

Part of me is hoping the answer is college.

Brian earhart on reddit:

She wants to be the superstar of a team and she wants it now. It's the young, eager competitor in her that wants to be at the top of a company, rightfully so.

I know where she's going and have talked to her a little bit about it. At the end of the day she's in a phase of life where she needs to break out of her shell and traverse new territory. Lots of new things are happening for her, not just sponsor changes. This will be a big year of growth for her in many many ways.

so maybe college AND a new sponsorship?