• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

What if "in house" means he's the first "house of discs" sponsored player?

Signature series with each manufacturer or something wild like that?

Seems like it might be easier to get each company to cough up a bit of cash and chip in for a piece of Eagle as opposed to DM picking up the tab for the whole thing.

Interesting. Semi-open-bag permissions between all the HOD brands would be a very nice deal for anyone.

A lot of Eagle talk recently. Someone on instagram claims he was seen at Lonestar HQ which I think is comical. I'd like to see him move on from Discmania. After the Jussi drama, I feel like the company is in a strange place trying to realign. Eagle is typically hyping up mystery boxes and new products this time of the year on Instagram, but this year is pretty quiet. I'm hoping Eagle signs elsewhere and Discmania can sign Gannon for a new look and era. There hasn't been much talk about Gannon lately but I'm sure after the debacle of last season's lawsuit, he'll be running out of Prodigy.

A lot of Eagle talk recently. Someone on instagram claims he was seen at Lonestar HQ which I think is comical. I'd like to see him move on from Discmania. After the Jussi drama, I feel like the company is in a strange place trying to realign. Eagle is typically hyping up mystery boxes and new products this time of the year on Instagram, but this year is pretty quiet. I'm hoping Eagle signs elsewhere and Discmania can sign Gannon for a new look and era. There hasn't been much talk about Gannon lately but I'm sure after the debacle of last season's lawsuit, he'll be running out of Prodigy.
That is the first time I have read/heard/thought about the fact that Eagle hasn't been promoting the mystery boxes and all of the other Discmainia members have been.

A lot of Eagle talk recently. ... There hasn't been much talk about Gannon lately but I'm sure after the debacle of last season's lawsuit, he'll be running out of Prodigy.

Never say never. I'm not sure anyone thought Calvin would re-up with Innova mid-season. I honestly think Buhr would be a great signing for any company, including Prodigy. A good contract and suddenly all the bad stuff goes away. My thinking, though, is that Gannon leaving will have much more to do with the number of young stars already there rather than any bad feelings that can't be worked out.

Eagle and Discmania seem like such a good fit that I'm hoping that he stays.

Never say never. I'm not sure anyone thought Calvin would re-up with Innova mid-season. I honestly think Buhr would be a great signing for any company, including Prodigy. A good contract and suddenly all the bad stuff goes away. My thinking, though, is that Gannon leaving will have much more to do with the number of young stars already there rather than any bad feelings that can't be worked out.

Eagle and Discmania seem like such a good fit that I'm hoping that he stays.
No arguments there. Money talks. Especially for a young kid like Gannon where disc golf is going to be his working career. I'm sure whoever ponies up the most will get him. To your point, not sure if Gannon is worth the money spent for Prodigy. Considering they have the current world champion under contract already, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gannon sign elsewhere. It's not like Gannon is selling plastic like Simon or Eagle.

About halfway down the article there's some statistical relating to disc sales for each pro. TLDR Paul and Simon are 1a and 1b. Eagle has more historical name power but Calvin was 3rd place last year. Gannon doesn't really seem to move much plastic.

FPO unsurprisingly Paige is on top historically but Kristin moved a lot of plastic in 2023. Ohn Scaggins was leave with World Champ Isaac Robinson FWIW.

Granted this is limited to 2800 self reported survey answers but it's probably close to reflective of the market I would think

I think a big part of Gannon's low numbers is that he wasn't "pushing his plastic" this year after the early sponsor drama.

About halfway down the article there's some statistical relating to disc sales for each pro.

How is that number arrived at? Sales of discs with a player's name on it?

Wherever Gannon ends up he needs to take a page out of McBeth's book and throw a fairly stock bag.

Simon was a prime example of this also. People bought up all the molds he was hyping in his first few MVP bag building videos. I'd love to see 2022 vs 2023 proxy sales numbers.

Parts of Eagle to MVP make sense I guess, although some of the logic seems like a stretch.

Reuniting of the crush boys is a fan thing. It's a great PR piece for MVP but Eagle isn't making his choice based on that. The two do seem to be very close, as Simon said in videos after his switch that he discussed the the move with Eagle. Both signed with DM at a very young age, and I could see Simon's reasons for leaving being considerations for Eagle right now.

I would expect MVP would say signing Simon was money well spent. You would expect signing Eagle would require a very similar deal. I just don't think they'd get the same boost in sales by signing another deal that size.

The rumor is he represents Streamline as Conrad is MVP and Simon is Axiom. Right now the lineup doesn't necessarily suit Eagle's game. Build a couple new molds particularly for him, but that will take some time. Streamline was intended to be a high quality lower priced solo mold option to other manufacturers and appeal to players who might not be keen on gyro. Gyro will always be the bread and butter of MVP. Do you really want to spend that much money to promote a product that loses the differentiation between you and the competition? Sure you want to grow that brand, but it's not the primary focus.

Given how things played out with Innova and DM I wouldn't be surprised if Innova didn't at least reach out. Who knows, they might have offered him signature runs of all the OG DM molds as a giant FU. Seemed like some of those proshop releases were sure out of spite.

It's also really difficult to "push" plastic sales when all you bag are super old runs of very specific discs (ie old Bowling Green Open D3's).

Also in other signing news, just saw this

1703089563875.png

I want to see Paul McBeth make a wild switch to a different company. Gannon has been wanting to roll from prodigy for a long time and hopefully he ends up where he wants to go. Any thoughts on any FPO players swapping sponsors? Imagine MVP buying kristin tattars contract and getting her to move her ( and fam ) to the states.

I want to see Paul McBeth make a wild switch to a different company. Gannon has been wanting to roll from prodigy for a long time and hopefully he ends up where he wants to go. Any thoughts on any FPO players swapping sponsors? Imagine MVP buying kristin tattars contract and getting her to move her ( and fam ) to the states.
Ohn had a weird post on instagram a little while back and there isn't any innova stuff in her bio. So I was wondering if she is changing sponsors?

The rumor is he represents Streamline as Conrad is MVP and Simon is Axiom. Right now the lineup doesn't necessarily suit Eagle's game. Build a couple new molds particularly for him, but that will take some time. Streamline was intended to be a high quality lower priced solo mold option to other manufacturers and appeal to players who might not be keen on gyro. Gyro will always be the bread and butter of MVP. Do you really want to spend that much money to promote a product that loses the differentiation between you and the competition? Sure you want to grow that brand, but it's not the primary focus.

This line of thinking makes a lot of sense. You don't invest in something that's the opposite of your primary brand identity.

I have no additional speculation to add to the Eagle conjectures, BUT I remember a video several years ago where he bragged that he's held virtually every mold from every manufacturer. I doubt he's kept up with the boom of stuff from small manufacturers during that last 18 months, but it shows that he's a total frisbee geek, and he's likely very familiar with the lineups of any brand he's considering other than DM.

I believe Hanna Huynh will sign with Discraft together with Clemonade. I read Discraft will sign both a MPO and FPO who will come "as a package deal". And rumor has it Clemonades van was seen outside of Discraft HQ and DD has (above) announced he will not be with DD for 2024.

Latest posts