• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you thoughts on the Players Cup held in Austin the last 2 years?

Do you enjoy the match play format or would you rather just play a best score tournament.

do you play in any match play events outside of the players cup?

What are you thoughts on the Players Cup held in Austin the last 2 years?

Do you enjoy the match play format or would you rather just play a best score tournament.

do you play in any match play events outside of the players cup?

I think there could be a better location but I don't mind it.

Match play is fun because you actually get to play against someone.

I would play in more match play events.

If the collegiate disc golf scene was larger when you were an AM, do you think you would have wanted to play for a school? Or just gone pro? Is there a school you would have wanted to play for or help build a DG club at?

Ok i got one, not sure if its been asked. What is your opinion on AMs getting plastic payout? I have cashed in advanced several times and have made alot of money by selling my winnings. I would like to see trophy only or top 3 payouts in AM. Whats ur take?

Merry Christmas Paul!
I was watching a youtube vid of you playing the sunrise showdown and saw you throw left-handed on one hole. So I am wondering;
How long did it take you to get comfortable throwing lefty?
And, How do you determine if you will throw lefty or throw sidearm?
Why did you learn how to throw with your left?
I am pretty good at sidearm, but have considered learning to throw with my left just for special situations.

Paul, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I have really enjoyed reading this thread along with the "Ask MJ/Comet" thread.

I do have a few questions:

1. What do you think could help push this sport to the next level, and what can AM/Casual players like us do to help?
2. Since you have played all over the US, and seen all different courses in different places, what do you think makes a course deserve a 5 star rating?
3. Competition removed, what is your favorite part about the sport?

If the collegiate disc golf scene was larger when you were an AM, do you think you would have wanted to play for a school? Or just gone pro? Is there a school you would have wanted to play for or help build a DG club at?

I would have played in school, USC would have been my choice

Ok i got one, not sure if its been asked. What is your opinion on AMs getting plastic payout? I have cashed in advanced several times and have made alot of money by selling my winnings. I would like to see trophy only or top 3 payouts in AM. Whats ur take?

I would rather see trophy only with light to big players packs

Merry Christmas Paul!
I was watching a youtube vid of you playing the sunrise showdown and saw you throw left-handed on one hole. So I am wondering;
How long did it take you to get comfortable throwing lefty?
And, How do you determine if you will throw lefty or throw sidearm?
Why did you learn how to throw with your left?
I am pretty good at sidearm, but have considered learning to throw with my left just for special situations.

At the time of that event I was playing baseball so my elbow was sore. I felt the easiest way to get to that hole was left handed so I threw it. I learned just to say I can do it.

Paul, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I have really enjoyed reading this thread along with the "Ask MJ/Comet" thread.

I do have a few questions:

1. What do you think could help push this sport to the next level, and what can AM/Casual players like us do to help?
2. Since you have played all over the US, and seen all different courses in different places, what do you think makes a coursee deserve a 5 star rating?
3. Competition removed, what is your favorite part about the sport?

1) getting more kids involved and maybe doing something like take your discs to work day.
2) cleanliness, design, and difficulty
3) the chance to be outdoors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts