• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official First Dyes Thread

@codus1984 Thanks man. I totally dig your 312 dye. Sweet Home Chicago! To bad they had to sell out to Anheuser-Busch (and therefore In-Bev) like that. Lost some serious respect points for Goose Island when I recently read on a 312 bottle... "Brewed and Bottled in Baldwinsville, N.Y."

I have a few other more complicated designs getting cleaned up in illustrator right now. Not sure if they will be too detailed to cut by hand. I am apprehensive to move out of just using black to make grayscale designs. I'd love to get into using other colors, but I feel like I'd need to buy up some white discs to truly know how the dye colors will look/show up.

Has anyone seen a list of what discs are shipping in white plastic right now?

First time dyer.... Used a cheap vinyl contact paper, lots of little bleeds.. Could have been worse I guess.
picture.php

Thanks!

Here's one I did last night. My 1st real dye, not just marbling.

IMG_1116.jpg

A couple of pretty good sized bleeds but I still like it.

edit: Hand cut on inkpress vinyl printer sheet.

I've been dyeing for a few months now, but when I did my first dye I learned that if you don't heat the dye enough, black looks brown on yellow plastic.

picture-12.jpg

I also learned that cutting from the inside of the design outward is much easier that the reverse, especially if you're cutting after the contact paper is on the disc.

If your still around posting, I have to ask: Why a power strip?

My first, during the big "Fear the Beard" World Series Run

wilson.jpg

Screwed up the SF in the hat, and had to redo the stencil twice

My First

C84aGl.jpg

My first dye just finished. Some bleeding on my edges but i'm pleased with it overall... also my first post so I hope this works right.

Happy with how it turned out, a couple small bleeds but a whole lot of fun!

YsnkP.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0703.jpg

The Mountain Hardwear logo on the left was my first, and Shakespeare was my second.

293073_4408506533120_1644847137_n.jpg

First dyes. Contact paper and Rit dye, no bleeding! Really long dips....as in 5 hours. They are Pro Wraiths for me ans my wife. We are both very pleased at how they turned out!

My First Dye I actually did 3 that night...

MrSpray.jpg

ObeyDye.jpg

EddieDye.jpg

I lost this one about 2 weeks ago so I redid it... This is about the 10th disc I have done. It's about as close to perfect as I have gotten. No bleeds, centered & clean cuts.

Killers2web.jpg

I just did my first multi-color last weekend...

DFLdiscWeb.jpg

I wasn't real happy with it but apparently it's not as bad as I thought it was. I got frustrated at the bleeds. But it was good practice because I have 3 more trophy discs to do this week.

Latest posts