• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] The RDG Tyrant: fairway driver

Is the pre-sale special signature stamp and certificate thing happening or are they just getting stamped and sold?

Either way I still want in on one :thmbup:. The Tyrant will probably be too stable for me but I want to support this RDG adventure!

Well according to this thread the TYRANT isnt meant to be a really overstable disc. A beefy Teebird if you will. So maybe it will be a little OS in your arsenal but you should be able to use it in your golf game.

If you cant tell I will only encourage people to buy TYRANTS so that JCass can make even more TYRANTS. As I have enough Scales and Raptors for a lifetime (even though I will buy at least one Amber Raptor) I need new RDG wares to purchase.

My last Brinster Teebird is starting to wear in a little much for my liking...let's get some TYRANTS on the market, JCass!!!!

Well according to this thread the TYRANT isnt meant to be a really overstable disc. A beefy Teebird if you will. So maybe it will be a little OS in your arsenal but you should be able to use it in your golf game.

If you cant tell I will only encourage people to buy TYRANTS so that JCass can make even more TYRANTS. As I have enough Scales and Raptors for a lifetime (even though I will buy at least one Amber Raptor) I need new RDG wares to purchase.

Didn't one of the early videos show some turn? I was assuming these wouldn't be as OS as the brinster.

Somewhere I think JCass said teebird, eagle, and banshee hybrid. Eagle means some turn, IMO. It is supposed to be workable beef, a mold that can be cycled to cover all fairway lines.

The Tyrant only turns for bigger arms. I push my fairways out 350+ and the Tyrant has about a - 1 for me but always fights back with authority.

I can also forehand it on an anny and it will pull out and finish hyzer.

It's definitely a reliable flyer for me. Paired with a Raptor & Ptero and you have a formidable fairway trio that can hang with all of the big dogs in the business.

Side note: these Amber Ptero are quite a bit more stable than their counterparts and are also nabbing a ton of flight time in my bag.

The wait it almost over!

500 first run Tyrants are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday!
I'm going to put a rush order on the stamping so we can have these bad boys into your hands by the weekend (if all goes according to plan)

Our factory took the time to fixture cool every disc so we are looking like my dream of a flat topped, pissed of TeEagleShe is on the verge of becoming reality.

Ooooh, very excited for this release! How do they compare to Rivals? I like to throw heavy and flat Pinnacles, so they are pretty stable...I could still find a use for something slightly more stable, though, for those extra-windy days.

The wait it almost over!

500 first run Tyrants are scheduled to arrive next Tuesday!
I'm going to put a rush order on the stamping so we can have these bad boys into your hands by the weekend (if all goes according to plan)

Our factory took the time to fixture cool every disc so we are looking like my dream of a flat topped, pissed of TeEagleShe is on the verge of becoming reality.

With that amount we here should be able to get one without worry of sell out?

Colors?

Weights?

Sneak preview or description of the stamp?

Inquring DGCR minds want to know!!!!

Ooooh, very excited for this release! How do they compare to Rivals? I like to throw heavy and flat Pinnacles, so they are pretty stable...I could still find a use for something slightly more stable, though, for those extra-windy days.

I used to throw rivals right when they first came out. I loved the ones that have a workable hss with a reliable bite.
The Tyrant is very similar with a bit more fade potential.

Tyrants also feel more compact than Teebirds and rivals IMO bc it's just a really small mold.

For power arms (400 ft. Of power) you will find the Tyrant to has turn potential if desired. I can rip mine on a anny and it will ride the turn and then pull back to center and fade out when given enough height. I'm throwing some really long shots with them 375 ft. I believe has been my best flat ground rip.

Lower power arms (300ish) are finding them to be straight to fade machines without being meat hooks.

Overall I believe this is a disc that, like the Scale, will win over players that want a no frills, consistent staple to build your bag around

With that amount we here should be able to get one without worry of sell out?

Colors?

Weights?

Sneak preview or description of the stamp?

Inquring DGCR minds want to know!!!!

First run is all pink. I believe they'll all be around max weight as well.

Initially I wanted to factory to focus on consistent feel and tops before we tinker with other variables.

Once we have a few of these sold I am going to order up some more to cover some of the other options that people are asking for!

I used to throw rivals right when they first came out. I loved the ones that have a workable hss with a reliable bite.
The Tyrant is very similar with a bit more fade potential.

Tyrants also feel more compact than Teebirds and rivals IMO bc it's just a really small mold.

For power arms (400 ft. Of power) you will find the Tyrant to has turn potential if desired. I can rip mine on a anny and it will ride the turn and then pull back to center and fade out when given enough height. I'm throwing some really long shots with them 375 ft. I believe has been my best flat ground rip.

Lower power arms (300ish) are finding them to be straight to fade machines without being meat hooks.

Overall I believe this is a disc that, like the Scale, will win over players that want a no frills, consistent staple to build your bag around

Awesome, I appreciate the response. Sounds like the type of disc I will like. I will definitely be buying one (probably two...) to try out!

Awesome, I appreciate the response. Sounds like the type of disc I will like. I will definitely be buying one (probably two...) to try out!

Me too :thmbup:!

Looks like I will have to pony up and buy two!

This sounds like a good replacement for what was my most stable Star T-Bird. The weight is heavy for me but I want to throw one any way :D!

Huge pre Tyrant restock coming tonight.

Last batch of Fossil Wizards
Scales Serps and Stego
Few stamped drivers
Kastaplast!

Latest posts