• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The REAL 2011 Okthrowberfest Voting Thread

Vote for your FOUR favorite Okthrowberfest dyes

• DyeingToPlay -- Moon

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • DyeingToPlay - shaded skull

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • DiscTattooist - Moon Over Cemetary DG

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • DiscTattooist - Jack-O-Evil

Votes: 71 23.2%
  • BennettUA - Friday the 13th homage

Votes: 99 32.4%
  • Askari - Frankenstein

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Askari - Brains-n-Chains

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Moon - Entry of the Undead

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • adamlamar - Frankie goes to Hole-in-the-woods

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NorthernDisc -- Damien

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dan Howard - DGCR Fall Tour

Votes: 26 8.5%
  • Dan Howard - October trees

Votes: 189 61.8%
  • Ricky Bobby - Cornucopia

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • bigmanbailye - Count Collossus

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • BigBadBid - Reaper Waiting Room

Votes: 133 43.5%
  • Trozzle -- horrordisc

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • sickdisc.com - Zombie DG'er

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • JSurmann - The Hand

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • jdw80550 - Dia De Los Muertas Skull

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • teamtapin13 - Beautiful Nightmare

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Eky8 - blue witch and jackolantern

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • MartyK - The Killing Joke

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • Burntneuron - Nightmare Princess

Votes: 90 29.4%
  • maansmit - Falling Leaves

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NoThingness - The Trick-or-Treat'ers

Votes: 11 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree... All of those are AMAZING and you guys should be proud of your work :thmbup:

I knew this year was going to be fierce, but I'm still amazed at the quality of all of the dyes. BigBadBid said it, simply stunning the level our little hobby has gotten to across the board.

I'm really torn between Dan's October trees and Bennett's Friday the 13th tribute. Love Nothing's Trick or Treat'ers and of course Reaper Waiting Room, but I'm blown away at the level of dyeing from everyone, great work!

I have disc envy going on!!! Any of you guys looking for an apprentice...I can sweep up vinyl, wax the discs, wipe the sweat off your brows. All the while, peeking over your shoulders stealing your techniques!!!

WOW..... Just WOW. The artwork this year is just stunning. My hats off to all the disc artists. Next year I am definitely not putting it off until the last weekend. :clap:

I could not believe that there was not any Dan Howard entry I could vote for (as I found 3 I liked more, not that the one there was was bad. :) ). The new poll fixed that. :)

I picked the ones I would most love to have in my bag. But there is some awesome talent behind all of them, really. maansmits Falling Leaves would get an honorable mention if I could (find it in the woods :) ).

What amazes me is Dyeing To Play's Moon entry. It doesn't have the color and graphics some of the others have but the shading and the detail to actually look like the moon is awesome. It would be cool to do some sort of charitity auction of thoss discs. I'd bet they could sell for a pretty penny.

There are several that amaze me! And whenever I try to single one out I keep finding my self wanting to add in 5 more so it ain't working. A bunch of conceptually, artistically, and technically amazing discs! But I gotta give Maansmit some props for the Fall leaves, it's the essence of the art for arts sake mentality.

Last year Skinner really encouraged people to sell the discs and donate the proceeds to the EDGE foundation using Ebay Giving Works, always a good idea! If I decide not to hang 'em on the wall I'll give that some thought.

Frankenstein rocking the shades makes me laugh every time I see it, lol. Frank Delicious would probably need to change his underwear if he saw the Killing Joke one.

These dyes are un-friggin'-believable! You guys have turned this into a serious art form. If you want to be really shocked, look at these, then go back to the first pages of the Dye-A-Day thread. :clap:

My first 3 picks were fairly easy, but the 4th was a killer. I had to leave out 3 very deserving dyes. Awesome work. :thmbup:

I was going to say, how is there a dan howard entry without shaving cream ??? that's like me not doing a stain glass entry or an air brush entry. nice job guys, everything is top notch and makes me want to work even harder.

if anybody is interested, count colossus will go on auction for a dollar once the contest judging is over.

My first 3 picks were fairly easy, but the 4th was a killer. I had to leave out 3 very deserving dyes. Awesome work. :thmbup:

Me too. First time looking through them, I had three that jumped out at me and I had to choose them, but the last one wasn't so easy.

All of them are great though :thmbup:.

Dan, I don't know if you heard how amazing your disc was lol, but you definitely made Bob Ross happy with your "happy little October trees".

Wow awesome dyes everyone! October Trees is my favorite by far but all of them are very good.

wow great job all

I love the zombie dyes! And some of these details are just simply amazing given the work and detail that has gone into these. I would totally bid on alot of these discs in auction lol

Latest posts