• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The REAL 2011 Okthrowberfest Voting Thread

Vote for your FOUR favorite Okthrowberfest dyes

• DyeingToPlay -- Moon

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • DyeingToPlay - shaded skull

Votes: 61 19.9%
  • DiscTattooist - Moon Over Cemetary DG

Votes: 55 18.0%
  • DiscTattooist - Jack-O-Evil

Votes: 71 23.2%
  • BennettUA - Friday the 13th homage

Votes: 99 32.4%
  • Askari - Frankenstein

Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Askari - Brains-n-Chains

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Moon - Entry of the Undead

Votes: 33 10.8%
  • adamlamar - Frankie goes to Hole-in-the-woods

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NorthernDisc -- Damien

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Dan Howard - DGCR Fall Tour

Votes: 26 8.5%
  • Dan Howard - October trees

Votes: 189 61.8%
  • Ricky Bobby - Cornucopia

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • bigmanbailye - Count Collossus

Votes: 10 3.3%
  • BigBadBid - Reaper Waiting Room

Votes: 133 43.5%
  • Trozzle -- horrordisc

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • sickdisc.com - Zombie DG'er

Votes: 8 2.6%
  • JSurmann - The Hand

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • jdw80550 - Dia De Los Muertas Skull

Votes: 27 8.8%
  • teamtapin13 - Beautiful Nightmare

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Eky8 - blue witch and jackolantern

Votes: 17 5.6%
  • MartyK - The Killing Joke

Votes: 57 18.6%
  • Burntneuron - Nightmare Princess

Votes: 90 29.4%
  • maansmit - Falling Leaves

Votes: 40 13.1%
  • NoThingness - The Trick-or-Treat'ers

Votes: 11 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was just curious about who really did cut by hand. I can usually tell(the corners and curves are the give-away), but those dyes were just too good for my eye.

"This allows one week of voting through an open thread to determine a top 10, which will then be voted on by a panel of judges. "

so, what was the point of the public vote if the judges were going to vote for discs outside of the top 10?

"This allows one week of voting through an open thread to determine a top 10, which will then be voted on by a panel of judges. "

so, what was the point of the public vote if the judges were going to vote for discs outside of the top 10?

To allow people to express their opinions on what dyes were best, naturally :p

I did not see this statement despite going back many, many, many, many times through the contest development thread in the Guild, to the contest announcement thread, to the countless PMs on entries//questions/judges/payouts/etc....add in starting up a small business and a B-tier and you've got one overloaded LHBH...

With a public vote, it's not 100% in the hands of the judges, many of whom did not respond anyway, which weights each judge's entries even greater. I thought it would be most fair to the dyers and the voters and the sponsors to parlay the judging with the public vote, and I think it worked for the best.

I've decided to take this contest on again next year. I learned a lot, and look forward to improving on what is still the best damn disc dyeing competition out there! I know now that it will never be perfect, but I will organize a concrete plan for payouts, judging, voting, and everything in between, so it's a little less "dye your best by the seat of your pants" and a little more structurally detailed for all involved.

"I did not see this statement despite going back many, many, many, many times through the contest development thread in the Guild"

It was on the original announcement thread you made here.

no worries though. I just thought it was odd the format changed at the last minute. I still enjoyed being a part of the contest and getting some ideas from all the other great entries.

"I did not see this statement despite going back many, many, many, many times through the contest development thread in the Guild"

It was on the original announcement thread you made here.

no worries though. I just thought it was odd the format changed at the last minute. I still enjoyed being a part of the contest and getting some ideas from all the other great entries.

I knew where it was when you posted it, but did not see that snippet during all other rewinds. Tried to do this fairly and cleanly, and it had to be organically done considering how few judges were active. The format wasn't changed to help or hinder any entry.

First, just wanted to thank Bennett again for running all of this and doing a great job of bringing this contest together, and making it better than it's ever been and cementing it as one of the great yearly traditions of DGCR and best damn dyeing competition there is. I think this year will be a great way to get a good set of plans and make future contests even better.

Wow, I can't believe I edged out Bennett in the judges poll, I had his disc in second by my own results. I'm honored my dye was thought so highly of, thanks to everyone who voted for me. Of course, Congrats to BBB, I love the innova stars on the tea cup, that little detail really sets that dye over the top for me. Dan, what needs to be said about that amazing piece of art on a disc? My hats off to you.

Thanks burnt, its all about the teacup! Congrats to you too. And cheers Dan you had my curiosity going!
I was just curious about who really did cut by hand. I can usually tell(the corners and curves are the give-away), but those dyes were just too good for my eye.
I handcut mine.

Thanks BBB, I also handcut mine, hot dip for the black, then painted everything else with shaving cream. I've just about finished all the coloring and will post a pic of the completed dye.

I bet you had my entry in second because you knew your entry wasn't finished, Neuron -- but it was still good enough to everyone who didn't know it wasn't done to be kicked up, and that's pretty sick! Looking forward to seeing the completion :popcorn:

The plotters I have are:
BennettUA
SickDisc
Dan Howard
jdw80550

As far as I know, everyone else was hand-cut, or at least they said so.

If yours was plotter-cut and you're not listed above, let me know.

Burntneuron I knew from the beginning you hand cut that disc and still find it hard to believe. The detail is incredible, I seriously doubt my plotter, set up the way it is at the moment, would have been able to cut that cleanly!

On mine I plotted(sp?) the tree trunks and outer ring of trees (leaves) and hand cut all the tall tree leaves after the brown dip. I didn't want a little fine brown line between the light blue sky and the yellow leaves where the vinyl was precut.

Thanks 13oo13oo for a Champ Glow Cobra!

13oo13oo -- Champion Glow Cobra

Does anyone know 13oo13oo? I may be spelling that wrong, but I can't PM him without the correct spelling...and I can't find anything by searching, even trying to chance the 13 to a B, etc etc. Please let me know how to get in touch with 13oo13oo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That would be I3ooI3oo Bennett.

Hallefruckinlullah it's an "i"!! :doh::wall:

I tried a thousand variants of searching with o, O, l, looked through a boatload of forums, all my PMs, I didn't know what else to do! Thanks Dan!

Latest posts