• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The Reptilian Disc Golf Thread

Dang just got my fuel scales in today and should have my tarpit scale in Tuesday. Then I see the store restocked with all kinds of goodness....jawbreaker wizards and sea foam scales... Need to scrape up some funds.

Armor Flex, Organic SSS, Fo$$il Scales and Jawbreaker Wiz incoming. STOKED!

Plus, my favorite standard RDG stamp (aside from the epic over the top styles) The RDG Circle Stamp!

Hmm 10 dollars to ship two discs to me. I've ordered as recently as this past week and it was never that much. Don't know what happened with the shipping costs, but I'm out.

When I bought, they had the free shipping. Not a fair comparison. But a SWEET deal, thanks RDG. May be making a local RDG purchase tomorrow, so free shipping again.

Is there any talk to doing glow runs? Does Gateway have good glow? Thought I heard Gateway had pretty good glow, but not sure.

What is the makeup of the jawbreaker plastic? Is it a mix of traditional stuff or a unique blend?

For the record just bought 2 seafoam Scales last night, and shipping was $4.50. I live in FL as well.

Is there any talk to doing glow runs? Does Gateway have good glow? Thought I heard Gateway had pretty good glow, but not sure.

In my experience, the Gateway "Superglow" is really, really good as far as glowability. Really grippy too. I'd love to see some glow Scales down the line.

Gateways glow used to be excellent but since about 2011/2012 it hasn't been near as good as it used to the new ones are not even as good as most innova dx glow and not near as good as kc glow which actually glows well in comparison to most glow plastic. The old ones took a long time to charge but were the strongest and longest lasting glow I have seen besides a glowfly.

I got a Superglow Wizard in just the other day for a Glo tournament. It does glow for a little longer than my lat64 Moonshine escape, but it is definitely duller. I charged it forever it seemed like with a blacklight and I haven't been all that impressed with it. I have a new leo3 CFR glo and a terrible glo Roc3 from 2013 (goes out almost immediately), and it is marginally better than my leo3. Still searching for that best glo as well. I will say that Gateway's glo feels the best to me as far material goes.

Edit: Love RDG, the Fossil Flex Serpent has been a great shot shaper, driving putter and upshot disc for me.

Last edited:
Shipping definitely increased. Ordered two discs Friday - $4.50 to MI. Ordered two discs Saturday - shipping $6.50... More than I've been paying, but still worth it!

I got a Superglow Wizard in just the other day for a Glo tournament. It does glow for a little longer than my lat64 Moonshine escape, but it is definitely duller. I charged it forever it seemed like with a blacklight and I haven't been all that impressed with it. I have a new leo3 CFR glo and a terrible glo Roc3 from 2013 (goes out almost immediately), and it is marginally better than my leo3. Still searching for that best glo as well. I will say that Gateway's glo feels the best to me as far material goes.

Edit: Love RDG, the Fossil Flex Serpent has been a great shot shaper, driving putter and upshot disc for me.

Vibram, hands down. Glows bright and long.

Latest posts