• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a guy with a new Ridge Roller today at a tournament. Had to stop him between holes to get a closer look at it. Seat height is a little higher than most which is good for me. It does seem like it would need a couple aftermarket tweeks for some added item storage. The guy said he had ~29 in the main compartment!!

Starting to get that itch to blow some money on a new bag. In this case I get a very nice cart with it. Very, very tempting!

Thanks for the info. If I get a ridge roller it is going to be a couple months down the road and will see what joe come out with. Either way the ridge roller looks pretty sweet

We should have them in stock by then at D-town Disc Golf in Doylestown, PA as an FYI if you want to come check them out in person.

Just so everyone is clear on the all terrain cart by Zuca. It's the RidgeRoller minus the disc rack and the RR logo everything else is the same. I will have disc golf accessories they will have other type of accessories. I'm heading to Zuca next week to build some ATV carts for there release date. Pretty cool stuff forsure

And to add to my last post Zuca and I will be coming out with hunting, fishing, hiking accessories that will be easily mounted to my cart and there cart we want to make our carts more then just 1 application.

Do 32oz nalgenes fit in the bottle holders? Where could you store a hoodie/jacket and/or extra towels?

Yes , my 32oz hydroflask fits in the bottle holder. The stretchy pocket on the one side will easily store a jacket/hoodie/extra towels. Also there is a good space behind the bottom row of discs that can hold extra towels

Yes , my 32oz hydroflask fits in the bottle holder. The stretchy pocket on the one side will easily store a jacket/hoodie/extra towels. Also there is a good space behind the bottom row of discs that can hold extra towels

I just played an extremely long and hilly course yesterday, and I was very tired and achy from the hike. I am not getting any younger and am thinking I need to consider paying what amounts to only $100 dollars extra for what will carry more disc, as much stuff, have a dedicated seat I don't have to lug around, and alleviate some of the back pain I am starting to experience now that my youth is behind me and am closer to 40 than 20. Now I just have to convince my wife that the extra $100 is a good idea.

Or you could sell some extra discs you have laying around to make up the difference. Much like everything, the longer you wait to take strain off your back, the more problems you'll have in the long run.

If disc golf is a sport you'll be playing for years, this is the easiest way to push the stress from your back to your legs where you can throw all day and not be in pain.

Or you could sell some extra discs you have laying around to make up the difference. Much like everything, the longer you wait to take strain off your back, the more problems you'll have in the long run.

If disc golf is a sport you'll be playing for years, this is the easiest way to push the stress from your back to your legs where you can throw all day and not be in pain.

Honestly, I was being a little sarcastic. My wife supports me in playing disc golf and even joins me on occasion, and we don't have any little ones, so $100 isn't going to break the bank. She is a smart lady, so I know she will understand that it is more upfront cost, but will save me extra stress over the years that I would use it.

Or you could sell some extra discs you have laying around to make up the difference.

I got on the pre-order list thinking how would I ever get the cash for it but hitting an ace pot helped the cause for sure. Out of pocket under $100 and so far the best $ I spent on disc golf since I started.

I did notice that I'm playing way more rounds per day which is taking some getting used to.

What method, if any, are people using to mount umbrellas? How about strapping down the umbrella when not being used?

The umbrella mentioned on the Facebook page is versa brella. I have yet to need an umbrella so I may just stick with the rain fly. It would be nice in the summer Texas heat though.

What method, if any, are people using to mount umbrellas? How about strapping down the umbrella when not being used?

Bag boy umbrella holder is what I am using. When I get a chance I'll take a pic.

Ok so let me start by saying that I am very happy with my Ridge Roller but the storage situation really bothers me. Since partnering with the company im not sure how much input the original creator really had but the bag part is very generic with the the large pockets and does not feel like it was designed for disc golf. The putter pocket extends all the way to the bottom of the panel and even if it didn't it would still be to deep to hold putters in a way to make them easily accessible. Why does it not have a mini holder or one of those panels that will hold golf pencils, sharpies, and clipboard? Again it might just be me but when I look at those huge side panels I see a lot of wasted potential. I am really hoping that the putter pouch he is coming out with addresses some of these basic issues that were missing on the cart and maybe the new outdoor carts will offer a bag with better organization.

I am very happy with my Ridge Roller overall and just wanted to bring attention to an area that could use some improvement if that ever becomes an option in the future

I tend to agree with Torpedo Vegas, excluding the addition of the disc rack, the bag seems to be pretty general purpose. I'm 56 years old and this is my 1st cart, and I'm loving the fact that I'm not setting my bag on the ground, not having to bend over to retrieve discs or wipe them off, and the occasional spot to set my tired butt down. I have not found a great spot to stash my wallet, keys, or phone, and there seems like there is such a waste of great potential, space wise. I'm toying with the idea of just using the top rack for discs and using the space below for my personal belongings. Just haven't come up with any great organizational ideas. I love the cart and the concept, but it, (the bag) I think, needs a little tweaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts