• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be making a video on everything I do to the RidgeRoller before I ship them. If you do these few mods it will address every issue you have with the Zuca. And your carts will be money! I will get it done in the next couple days. Kills me to see this when just a few minutes of time would make there Zuca AT carts awesome.

I've helped a couple people with pics of the my ridge roller so they can zip tie the disc rack. If anyone with a zuca wants pics of how joe zip ties the rack pm me your phone number I already have the pics from helping another zuca all terrain owner.

I know I've seen people wrap theirs with paracord but have not seen any other tweaks for the handle.....

I lost the end plug at some point in my last round and got to thinking that a bicycle handlebar grip might be nice on there. ODI has a nice old school Mushroom grip that would look awesome on my black and blue rig... I realize that the handle is not round but the grip material is pliable enough to work on it (I think)

odi-poignee-mushroom-2-bleu-noir-1-290-17779.jpg

Anyone do anything clever with theirs?

I know I've seen people wrap theirs with paracord but have not seen any other tweaks for the handle.....

I lost the end plug at some point in my last round and got to thinking that a bicycle handlebar grip might be nice on there. ODI has a nice old school Mushroom grip that would look awesome on my black and blue rig... I realize that the handle is not round but the grip material is pliable enough to work on it (I think)

odi-poignee-mushroom-2-bleu-noir-1-290-17779.jpg

Anyone do anything clever with theirs?
I used tennis handle grip tape since I had some extra lying around.
f5e440b4c8cb331312ba18eea46c2c3e.jpg

I used an ODI Grip on mine (also lost the plug), works **great** (no more cold hands!!). If I was going to do it again though, I'd put a quarter in the bottom of the grip before I put it on, to create a new 'plug'.

I've helped a couple people with pics of the my ridge roller so they can zip tie the disc rack. If anyone with a zuca wants pics of how joe zip ties the rack pm me your phone number I already have the pics from helping another zuca all terrain owner.

I'll shoot you a pm in a bit.

I'm going to be making a video on everything I do to the RidgeRoller before I ship them. If you do these few mods it will address every issue you have with the Zuca. And your carts will be money! I will get it done in the next couple days. Kills me to see this when just a few minutes of time would make there Zuca AT carts awesome.

Any updates on this? I just got my cart today and would love to get it squared away. Thanks!

It's an Adesso Supply Pouch from Home Depot (cheapest place I've found them online). He has a mounting bracket to connect it to the pole and then the pouch to the bracket, but I'm 99% sure that's what he's using.

Anyone know the name of the mounting bracket used and where I can find it?

Well - I was going to get the ridge roller (bag included version), but it sounds like they've been discontinued. Guess I'll check out the delta carts. :/

Well - I was going to get the ridge roller (bag included version), but it sounds like they've been discontinued. Guess I'll check out the delta carts. :/

Zuca is now selling the carts. Zuca all terrain, it's in the outdoor section of the website.

They are out of stock on the disc holder for at least a month. Don't think I'm willing to wait that long.

They are out of stock on the disc holder for at least a month. Don't think I'm willing to wait that long.

I got mine from Glide Disc Golf, Mike was great to work with. Shoot them a message on Facebook or give them a call to see if he has any in stock.

Zuca and I had to merge eventually and be on the same page to try and get the confusion under control. That being said, Zuca has new colors coming out, new tweaks to the bag a bunch of new accessories coming out. I'm going to start doing some custom cart work. If you can wait it will be worth it. Hate to see you get into a cart that's only making its cart "better" by putting stickers on it.

If anyone with a RR is interested we at Disc Stalker make custom wooden racks for Zuca carts and Ridge Rollers. These can be custom printed to the customers liking. This is just an extra option for those looking to upgrade from their previous models. Please contact me on Facebook (Cody Britain) or our Shop Disc Stalker for any questions and information. These racks retail for $35 and we will ship them out for for $40 total. ($45 if you want your self printed)

This reply was going to the other thread....

What's going to stop discs from rolling off the top shelf if the cart tips the wrong way at all? (Or bounces down the fairway)

It looks to me like it's a flat shelf with no stopper.

I could just be stupid and be missing something.

The shelf is angled to prevent from rolling out. The discs also fit snug between the mesh pouch that holds your door flap and the shelf itself. I've had no issues with this. In the beginning we had more of an issue with discs rolling out from the bottom rack, but this was fixed with foam.

Status
Not open for further replies.