• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have problems when there are bulky items in the zippered pocket and I try to get my putters out of the elastic pouch. I've gone to just using the upper rack for discs, and I used bungee cord to section off the bottom portion until I figure out how I want to set this bad boy up. I also added a thin bicycle foam grip to the handle. Played 4 days in a row and am loving it!

Mind me asking where you got the "thin bicycle foam grip"? I really like it.

Does the pole collapse if you attach (with bicycle bottle clamp) the husky pouch? I was trying to decide between the "Quick Fist mini" clamps (mentioned earlier) and the bicycle bottle clamps (mentioned earlier). I'd rather go with something more permanent but didn't want it to effect breaking it down.

Sorry for all the questions, I have one for christmas but can't touch it yet :( and wanted to have some mods done when I get it.
Thanks!

This is one of the coolest handles I've seen someone make for their Zuca cart.

vza1y9.jpg
[/IMG]

On the 25th I'll finally be able to open the Ridge Roller that's currently sitting under the Christmas tree. I can't wait to get it out on the course. But since I'm Santa, I know this one doesn't have a seat cushion (it wasn't available in the color to match my bag, anaconda, when it was ordered).
What does your experience say about the cushion? Is it necessary? My first thought was to buy an alternate color and use it as a pattern to have one made, with a more substantial cushion for my fat ass. Anyone rolling without a cushion and have no plans to get one?

I don't have the pad on mine and definitely was not regretting not having one the last tournament I played. I was every bit as comfortable as I was using a stool before.

On the 25th I'll finally be able to open the Ridge Roller that's currently sitting under the Christmas tree. I can't wait to get it out on the course. But since I'm Santa, I know this one doesn't have a seat cushion (it wasn't available in the color to match my bag, anaconda, when it was ordered).
What does your experience say about the cushion? Is it necessary? My first thought was to buy an alternate color and use it as a pattern to have one made, with a more substantial cushion for my fat ass. Anyone rolling without a cushion and have no plans to get one?

I just went out and brought a stadium seat cushion at Walmart for $6

Sent from my Alcatel_6055U using Tapatalk

How does the Octothorpe fit in the backpack cart? Does it have to be squeezed in like the Grip bags? Are the side pockets fully usable/accessible?

Should I get the full cart, the backpack cart, or the new "Roller"? I might like keeping my discs in the one bag and being able to either put it on the cart or carry it, instead of having to move them from a cart to a bag. I have a Prodiscus 30+ bag... was thinking I could mod the "Roller" cart to work with it; was also thinking of getting an Upper Park Rebel as a better option for my back for when I didn't use it as a cart. What would you do: full cart, or Roller with Rebel?

Biggest question: how are these things on hills? Any video you could share? If it's too steep of an incline, how do you prevent the tip over -- do you just lay it down for the moment?

Really curious when the new roller + "the pack" will be announced/released. Wondering if that's why the site has been down for a few days now...?

I got the backpack cart for Christmas for the exact reason you mentioned above. I was really unsure about it, but now that I have the cart I think I made the right decision. Personally, I like the idea of being able to take just the bag to the field close to my house, and we have a short, really hilly course that doesn't seem like a great fit for the cart, so it will be easy to change. I also like that I'll still have access to the pockets on my B15, and storage seems lacking in the cart.

Well I pulled the trigger a couple days ago and got the full zuca disc golf cart! I figure with the courses I go to I can definitely use it, and it's only one course which I like but won't exactly frequent that maybe I can't use it, so I can just switch to bag for that, and I could even try the cart on it. I liked the setup of the full cart just a little more than being restricted to just a backpack (and pole attachments) for storage. I also got a great deal on it! Only problem now is the wait. I estimate I'll get it mid January at the earliest (they are closed the whole week for the holidays). So while I'm waiting...

I'd like to figure out any mods I have to do out of the box. I've heard of issues with the wheel lock coming off, and with the rack needing to be tightened up with zip ties? Does anybody know if these still are issues with the carts currently shipping from Zuca?

My wheel lock came off in the middle of my second round with the cart, though it is certainly possible I did t tighten it down enough.

Finally got my backpack cart! Traded bags with my wife - using her grip L-frame and she's got my UPD shift now.

Need to get a 40oz water bottle holder for it and maybe some fenders and I'm good to go. Also sounds like a little locktite on the locking nuts would be useful?

When is Ridge Roller Web Site coming back on line?

Been down for well over a week. Any info on when coming back up?

I'm changing gears guys going on my own. Getting my frames made here in appleton wi and my backpack with a integrated seat so you can sit on the backpack in or out of the cart. I just can't build the frame the way I want with Zuca being so far away and building there stuff in China is not the direction I want to go. Plus I have a bunch of new ideas that I'm implementing to my cart and I think everyone is going to like.

I'm hoping the website will be up in a month or so but I will not be selling Zuca products I will be selling mine. 2017 is going to be very interesting I can't wait. Let's Roll!!

I can definitely respect getting into fabricating your own stuff. Will your stuff be compatible with the zuca carts still? I'd love to be able to get a set of fenders for my backpack cart I just bought. If not, I can understand that as well.

Thanks man. Fenders are the same and will work but drilling holes in your frame might not be covered anymore on the warranty end. It would be very unlikely that you would ever have a warranty issue with the Zuca frame anyway there a very solid unit. But it's just a heads up it's like any after market product. Thanks

What kind of wait times can we expect or have you prepared a decent amount of inventory?

Does anyone else have trouble with the telescoping handle?

I got my RR from Joe. My first handle became complete seized up. I worked with Zuca under warranty to get a replacement with the new design. Had been working great, but again this weekend, I could barely get my handle to pull up. I now just never collapse it all the way or pull it out completely after use. I just wish it worked as designed.

Does anyone else have trouble with the telescoping handle?

I got my RR from Joe. My first handle became complete seized up. I worked with Zuca under warranty to get a replacement with the new design. Had been working great, but again this weekend, I could barely get my handle to pull up. I now just never collapse it all the way or pull it out completely after use. I just wish it worked as designed.
Same issue here not exactly durable. But doesn't bother me too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts