• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] THE Roc3 Thread

I've been throwing verdicts for a while, and have one beat up to the be pretty straight, but they lack glide. I got a star roc3 in a trade, and I like it a lot, and it's pretty stable. I wouldn't mind getting a champ if they are a hair less stable than the star. What is the difference in stability between star and champ roc3s? I don't hear a lot of talk about star roc3s.

I would say the stability's are in order of what I have experienced. If you want something that is straighter with mellow fade try a mcpro that will season nicely. It will take longer to season the star or champ plastics. But OS can be based on disc weight, dome/flat, arm speed, and plastic.

MF (most stable)
star
Champion
Mcpro
Mcglow
gstar
dx (least stable)

MF (most stable)
star
Champion
Mcpro
Mcglow
gstar
dx (least stable)

I'd mostly agree. In my experience:

MF > Glow > Champ > G* > McGlow

I haven't thrown a Star, McPro, or DX.

I've been throwing verdicts for a while, and have one beat up to the be pretty straight, but they lack glide. I got a star roc3 in a trade, and I like it a lot, and it's pretty stable. I wouldn't mind getting a champ if they are a hair less stable than the star. What is the difference in stability between star and champ roc3s? I don't hear a lot of talk about star roc3s.

I would say the stability's are in order of what I have experienced. If you want something that is straighter with mellow fade try a mcpro that will season nicely. It will take longer to season the star or champ plastics. But OS can be based on disc weight, dome/flat, arm speed, and plastic.

MF (most stable)
star
Champion
Mcpro
Mcglow
gstar
dx (least stable)

I had (and still have) Star Roc3s that were straight with a bit of fade at the end. I had an idea that I would get a Champion Roc3 (at the time a McBeth 3x) to be an overstable compliment to the Star. The Champ Roc3 flew... straight with a bit of fade at the end. Almost exactly the same flight pattern as the Star.

My Metal Flake Roc3 is a tad more overstable, but not by a lot, and it seems that MF Roc3 actually gets more distance for me. The McPro Roc3s are similar to Star/Champ fresh out of the box but quickly start seasoning in. My GStar, acquired in the early days of GStar, flew like my Stars, and I have not thrown the GStar in a long, long time. The DX is least stable, and I've never tried a McGlow...

Can I ask about Innova tooling in this thread without y'all getting salty?? How do I knkw what tooling an Innova disc has on it?? Rancho roc, sanny Rhyno?? Whatever. Thanks in advance.

That Verdict of yours- what plastic/weight is it? When you say straight, does that mean it's picked up turn to offset the fade, or just lost fade to be straight from start to finish? How far are you throwing it?

I'm surprised you think it's lacking in glide. The Verdict glides at least as well as my Star Roc3- for me, anyway...

Can I ask about Innova tooling in this thread without y'all getting salty?? How do I knkw what tooling an Innova disc has on it?? Rancho roc, sanny Rhyno?? Whatever. Thanks in advance.

Look at the bottom of the disc.

Attachments

• 720D4F63-9732-4DB5-8919-B589F9A7960C.jpg
    720D4F63-9732-4DB5-8919-B589F9A7960C.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 65
That Verdict of yours- what plastic/weight is it? When you say straight, does that mean it's picked up turn to offset the fade, or just lost fade to be straight from start to finish? How far are you throwing it?

I'm surprised you think it's lacking in glide. The Verdict glides at least as well as my Star Roc3- for me, anyway...
it's a high 170 lucid. it isnt turning, it is just staying straight longer and longer before fading out. It'll be hard to take it out of the bag, but the star roc3 doesnt dump at the end, it has a much more forward fade than the dumpy fade of the verdict. Ive never seen a midrange handle power as well as the verdict though.

also how do the 2018 Joe Color Glows fly

seconded - was directed here after posting in the Roc thread. Man, the one time I just do the basic search in the Disc subsection and I thought it actually got me to the right place...

"Picked up a color glow Roc3 F2 with an order from the factory store the other day; it's on its way. I figured I'd like to try something on the more stable side of Roc3s without going full on MF or RocX3 - how are those color glow Joe R Roc3s flying?"

When I was first learning disc golf back in 2015 I was throwing a glow champion for approaches . My game progressed and I started throwing putters in that slot. But I love driving with roc3s now on shots 240-280. It's one of the most comfortable feeling discs to me. I have a few bagged for varying stabilities. I'm here to talk about my 2018 mcglow Roc3. There is a shot at the course, twenty feet downhill, 350 feet total, tunnel(unless you thumber or Tommy) for the first 120 and open the rest of the down hill. I throw this thing at 80% and it just flips to flat, and it glides straight, other discs I have and have seen others throw almost always turn or fade on this downhill shot, not my mcglow roc3, this puppy just spins in the air and holds its flight on target. Love it.

Seems like there's precious little info on how color glow champ R3s fly at this point. I'll have to take my F2 out and give a review when I can.

FWIW, the F2 I received appears most obviously to have been seconded due to some uneven coloration in the rim - a little extra pink pigment. It's also slightly more domey and gummy than a typical R3. Not enough to be seconded I don't think tho, probably just due to the discoloration. I'd actually be fine with it on a full price disc, but because these aren't tagged "swirly," I figure it's a little more unevenness than they really wanted.

I have two color glow Roc3's.

Pink and blue.

I did not find them to be more OS.

Similar to my results, seems fairly interchangeable with my Big Bird Roc3. Have one of the early color glow (blue) Roc3's along with early run of normal glow Roc 3 (Beaver St Fling) and they all fly similar enough for me not to notice a thing.

it's a high 170 lucid. it isnt turning, it is just staying straight longer and longer before fading out. It'll be hard to take it out of the bag, but the star roc3 doesnt dump at the end, it has a much more forward fade than the dumpy fade of the verdict. Ive never seen a midrange handle power as well as the verdict though.

Bag both of them! I bag both a Lucid Verdict and a Star Roc3 for different shots. the verdict is great for super straight shots with a healthy dump and skip if I want it. It is my most overstable mid. After that I am going to a Felon or Firebird. My Roc3 is for super straight shots where I just want a little fade at the end without much skip. btw verdicts are longgggg mids.

Anybody know if there will ever be a production run of Mcpro Roc3's? Or how to contact Innova to demand that they release a production run. I love the Mcpros but I don't like having to pay $20+ for one, throw it, risk losing it, and have to worry about the disc being in stock. I'm sure this question has been asked more than once. Just hoping that maybe somebody knew somebody that had an inside source that could answer this question.

Anybody know if there will ever be a production run of Mcpro Roc3's? Or how to contact Innova to demand that they release a production run. I love the Mcpros but I don't like having to pay $20+ for one, throw it, risk losing it, and have to worry about the disc being in stock. I'm sure this question has been asked more than once. Just hoping that maybe somebody knew somebody that had an inside source that could answer this question.

I seriously doubt it. I mean you can always hope, but I think that is all that it will be. Have you tried throwing the Dx Roc3s? I like them quite a bit and they don't break in that fast. Plus, great price and usually easy to find replacements.

I seriously doubt it. I mean you can always hope, but I think that is all that it will be. Have you tried throwing the Dx Roc3s? I like them quite a bit and they don't break in that fast. Plus, great price and usually easy to find replacements.

I have and they're great! Just something about the Mcpro plastic I guess. I'm sure if there were to be a production run that people would still buy the tour series just like they do with the destroyers, firebirds, etc.
I caught a glimpse of Paul throwing an Orange Mcpro stamped like a KCpro at worlds and it just got me thinking and hoping that someday soon we would see a production run.