• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The sheer idiocy of playing in snow

You meant mid-thigh, right?:p

Nah man lol, I've lived in the south most of my life. We close the schools if it's 34 and raining.

I've never actually seen snow that deep other than in drifts. Playing at Robbins Island in November one time there was snow to my knee and I almost died lol.

I once drove through a snow drift taller than my car. Probably a dumb idea in hindsight, but it was fluffy stuff, and my 91 Acclaim powered right through. It was fun.

I actually look forward to snow, and even driving in it. I love the slippy drifty-ness of snow driving. I'm sad during years when it's brutally cold and we don't even get snow.

Until like mid-Feb, then screw it all, bring on the warmth.

'Round these parts winter daytime temperatures average above freezing. Consequently, snow usually melts pretty quickly. Which is fine by me - snow is fun but after a few days I'm ready for it to go away.

I used to work with a guy from Minnesota who brought his cross country skis to Maryland. I think he used them maybe 2 or 3 times in five years. :rolleyes:

It is fun to practice drifting your car in an empty, snowy parking lot. Well it was more fun when I had a rear-wheel drive car.

'Round these parts winter daytime temperatures average above freezing. Consequently, snow usually melts pretty quickly. Which is fine by me - snow is fun but after a few days I'm ready for it to go away.

I used to work with a guy from Minnesota who brought his cross country skis to Maryland. I think he used them maybe 2 or 3 times in five years. :rolleyes:

It is fun to practice drifting your car in an empty, snowy parking lot. Well it was more fun when I had a rear-wheel drive car.

the xc skiers are serious around mn

even have their own "great minnesota ski pass" to help fund the cost to groom all the trails

and if you snow shoe or fat tire bike or hiking you better not be on the xc groomed ski trails

This is the tricky part, because with all the layers and everything else affecting the throw and the flight, the tendency is to lose distance in the winter.

Yeah, I fully expect to shoot a little worse if it's cold and snowy so if I have to play par golf and take a few bogies it's still more fun than not playing. And I usually get to go home with all of my discs.

I did that in a furniture store parking lot after a sales meeting one time in Rice Lake, WI. Pretty sure they thought I was a dummy doing that in a Kia Soul but were too nice to say anything.

I grew up in a very small town (~2K people). We would have 4 of us hop into my Acclaim and just go drift around the industrial park area - it was a blast! You didn't even have to worry about anything because the snowbanks were bumpers. I'd smash into one, then 3 guys jump out and throw the car off the snowbank and hop back in. Man, I miss that go-cart.

I grew up in a very small town (~2K people). We would have 4 of us hop into my Acclaim and just go drift around the industrial park area - it was a blast! You didn't even have to worry about anything because the snowbanks were bumpers. I'd smash into one, then 3 guys jump out and throw the car off the snowbank and hop back in. Man, I miss that go-cart.

My old home town was the same way. Two traffic lights that just blinked red from 10:00pm until morning.

When we had big snowstorms, everyone hit the streets with their snowmobiles. The cops knew everyone and never cared as long as you didn't get hurt, or hurt anyone else. I do miss the old days when things were so much simpler.

I did that in a furniture store parking lot after a sales meeting one time in Rice Lake, WI. Pretty sure they thought I was a dummy doing that in a Kia Soul but were too nice to say anything.

Haha in that part of WI, they can't be too judgmental! I can say that.....Rice Lake is only like 45 mins away.....

I always have some fun the first few snow falls in Wisconsin with whatever I'm driving. Helps remember some dormant winter driving skills too. I used to drive a hatchback Chevy Sonic with a 6 speed. Worthless winter vehicle.....fun in abandoned parking lots lol

Latest posts