• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The shot you're MOST proud of

I have had a few aces, and even one during a tourney (that I didn't pay into the ace pot for...) but the one shot I think I am most proud of happened at the DGCR Flyboy 2013 Meetup. It wasn't even that impressive, but for some reason, it is my recent favorite.

Hole # 6 (Lefty's Revenge)
This is an obvious left hole, with water on the left and a thick tree line on the right with a fairway of maybe ...15-20? feet wide between the two for 300 feet or so.

I think I was the only (right hander) to throw backhand. I threw a beat Protege Clozer on a high turnover to park it. Everyone else threw sidearm or thumbers. Did this all three rounds.

My Favorite hole was the next hole (7) where I had a drop in 4. But that was a series of shots.

I have had a few aces, and even one during a tourney (that I didn't pay into the ace pot for...) but the one shot I think I am most proud of happened at the DGCR Flyboy 2013 Meetup. It wasn't even that impressive, but for some reason, it is my recent favorite.

Hole # 6 (Lefty's Revenge)
This is an obvious left hole, with water on the left and a thick tree line on the right with a fairway of maybe ...15-20? feet wide between the two for 300 feet or so.

I think I was the only (right hander) to throw backhand. I threw a beat Protege Clozer on a high turnover to park it. Everyone else threw sidearm or thumbers. Did this all three rounds.

My Favorite hole was the next hole (7) where I had a drop in 4. But that was a series of shots.
The tee shot on 7 with your rival sticks out in my mind. Such a fantastic shot.

The tee shot on 7 with your rival sticks out in my mind. Such a fantastic shot.

Thanks! That is a very close second, and is more impressive than hole 6. I doubt I will ever be able to match that drive though. At least some people were there to see it! I still took a 5 on the next hole, so it all evens out!

Hole 12 at South Mountain DGC in Bostic, NC from the old blue tees. Roughly 430-435 ft. Pretty open field hole, though with some some large trees bounding the outer edges to keep you honest. Light elevation rise in the middle, but overall the hole is pretty level. You can just see the rim of the basket from the tee. One tree guarding the basket. Threw a D4 on a hyzer flip, which turned over into a smooth S curve and faded back into a pretty straight finish and my group started to realize it was pin bound. Goes under the lower limbs of the guardian tree, dead in line with the center of the basket rim and then we hear chains crash. I tempered my expectations (based upon the collective experiences from my extensive ace drought) and began the long walk across the field. About 2/3 of the way across the basket came into view just enough to see that it has crashed out.

After never hitting anything other than a cubby ace, hitting two to win a new basket in our local Ace Race. I figured after hitting one in practice I'd be SOL for the rest of the day. Came about six inches from hitting two in a row, which was pretty awesome.

My favorite shot isn't a singular event, but a successfully executed LHBH drive(I've been trying to switch it up). For whatever reason(practice, practice) I have better form throwing lefty, albeit inconsistent and less intuitive, but when it all goes well it is most satisfying. "In general, pride is at the bottom of all great mistakes."

Last edited:
My best shot ever was at Worlds this year, Gold Course, Hole #7 on Thursday. My drive was atrocious and hit the trees and didn't even make it out of the woods. I had no way to throw a BH, so I had to FH Flex shot. I got a decent run-up, and threw a flex'd FH almost as hard as I could. Somehow, despite never practicing that throw, it worked. It turned nice and hard around the trees, and was high enough to flex out and glide forever. It ended up traveling about 450' (The hole was 640' and my drive went about 25-30') Ended up with an easy 150' approach and tap-in putt for 4. Couldn't believe it. I thought for sure i'd be struggling to get a 5.

Beat my next best FH drive ever by at least 50' ( i've hit 400' a few times, but never substantially over that). I'll likely never forget that shot, despite wishing I could forget the drive before it. If I could only figure out how to harness a controlled S shot with my FH, maybe i could have max D with it too. I still can't believe it worked so perfectly.

Over the weekend I threw a park job on #18 at Castle Hayne. I've never thown a no wind, flat elevation 390' drive on that accurate of a line before. It felt as good as any eagle I've gotten.

I was +2 at Willow Metropark with three holes remaining. I said to my buddy "I'm going to deuce 22, par 23 like I always do, and ace 24 to finish -1".

I parked 22, then nearly hit a long birdie putt on 23 for what would have been my first deuce on that hole; dropped in for a par.

I've got the pad on 24, just hoping to get my drive close enough for a chance at a bird to finish even.
I threw a hard, flat shot to the left side of the fairway with my banger-gt hoping it would gently turn and nestle near the basket.

Banger just kept floating and tracking towards the chains. *CHING*

It didn't cross my mind what happened initially, until I wrote down my score, and saw my -1 on the card. Incredibly fantastic feeling, which I why I enjoy this game so damn much.

Seeing as how I've only been playing a short time, the shot I'm most proud of is always any throw that does what I wanted. I'm sure that will change over time, but right now achieving consistency is what really satisfies me.

My favorite shot - Three way playoff on hole 1 at Wakanda Park in Menomonie, WI. The hole plays like an island during tournaments, with concrete OB surrounding the basket. First guy throws OB, second leaves himself a 100' upshot, I was just outside the circle. The other guys take their upshots, both close but not in. I step up to my putt, about 40' out, it's getting dark and the crowd of about 20 is completely quiet. I lined it up and drilled it dead center. The crowd burst into cheers (and jeers) as I collected my disc.

That was my favorite shot and moment in my disc golf 'career', not my best but definitely my favorite.

I guess I have 2 that I'm most satisfied with.

The first came a few years ago at Sloterpark in Amsterdam. Number 3 is a fairly short par 3, 197 feet. There is water on the right. The wife and I met an ex-pat who was playing with us. Unfortunately there was an old guy fishing at the far end of the water. The ex-pat named Aaron said that old guy was always there. What to do? With my LHFH it was an Ace run with my Flick. Run it? Lay up? Run it with a potential ace or lay up for an easy par, birdie possible. Run it, miss and possibly take the old gentleman out??? And how do you say "FORE" in Dutch? Well being the aggressive player that I am I let it rip. The Flick flew true and narrowly missed the ace. An easy birdie. :cool:

The second came at the End Of The Year tourney for our Wednesday Night doubles league. It was a frustrating year. And I didn't do as well as I was expecting. So at the tournament a drew a fair player and after the first round we were a disappointing -4. And a good distance from coming in the money. Ever the optimist never giving up till the Fat Lady sings, I told my partner don't worry we'll come back. We gelled as a team on the second round when we came to number 19, a CTP hole. Its 249 feet and slightly uphill and pretty open. As the course is laid out the basket is easily seen from several other holes on the course. We were playing well, I'd aced this hole twice before and I was feeling confident. CHA-CHING!!! Not only did I win myself a Ti Buzzz for the CTP, I took home half of the Ace Pot of over $160. :D That ace helped us to finish in the money for the day. And I was able to do it with all eyes and ears on the shot.

Last edited:
Been playing for about 8 months.
Last month I played doubles for the first time.
I was paired with a local pro, thank God.

At the 3rd basket I started telling myself that I was never coming back.
Being the shortest off the tee of the entire group all day I was embarassed of my skill set.

The 19th hole (course has 21) I stepped up to a 230' hard anny CTP and got my first Ace. Won the 60dollar ace pot and 4 new discs.
To top it off, the entire throw to basket was caught on video.

We only used two of my putts and 3 drives. One of the drives was the ace.

Yep, I will be going back.

First ace. backhand DX Leo about 3 months in. couldnt believe it. beautiful S around a tree. didnt have a clue what that even was. wrote my name on the basket and everything. ( i didnt know any better)

This is a tossup. My 290 ft ace is up there. Fading left to a protected basket and only my seventh throw from the tee.

I also have an ace that was 250 feet and easier but it was only my third try.

Can't pick

Would have to be my Ace on #18 at Hyland with my Star Teebird. 710' down the ski hill. Just pured it down the right on a mini hyzer-flip. Crashed right in the basket. Couldnt even tell for sure it was in till I was half ways down the mountain. Not sure if anyone else has aced this hole, I imagine someone else has too.

Final hole of the sellersville fish bowl i was 30 feet out putting for a three with OB directly behind the basket. tallied my score and decided that while my round was solid i needed to sink that putt to solidify my chances of winning. Put it in the center of the chains and locked up my first pdga victory.

My favorite shot was my only Ace, 375 feet long in the mist on Hole 6 at Delaveaga.

But the one I'm probably most proud of was on Top of the World, Hole 27, on my personal best round at Dela. I needed a Par to get my first Even Par full round there, but instead I parked a long hyzer shot, out beyond the tree on Tee 2, with my Volt, for a birdie, and -1. This was in the Enduro Bowl positions, so mostly short pins. Still a huge accomplishment for me, something I had been trying to do since I learned to play, and still haven't repeated. Winter is here though, with short positions and all, so I'll be gunning for that again and have come close in longer positions during the summer.

My best shot was probably from the pro tee on hole 11 at Token Creek (Vallarta-Ast DGC) in Madison, Wi. The hole is roughly 400 feet long, but the fairway kinks left significantly about half way through making it a two shot hole. There is a low ceiling off the tee that prevents big sweeping hyzers from reaching the pin. The fairway is lined with dense foliage left and right as well, so if you overpower the drive you have a good chance of crashing the right side of the fairway after the kink leaving with a difficult recovery shot.

I threw a beat in Destroyer hard and flat towards the am tee, putting it down as a roller on an extreme angle right at the bend of the fairway, so it took off to the left following the second leg of the fairway while slowly standing up. It stood all the way up, rolled under the pin and finished deep and right about 25-30ft. Made the putt for a deuce.

Pro tee (this picture is old, the course is a lot more grown in now):
89d5ce43.jpg

Course map: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_files/805/3ad66005.jpg

Latest posts