• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The term "hyzers out"

What do you think?

• Okay with me!

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • It's a plague on our society

Votes: 19 10.7%
  • Don't care

Votes: 87 48.9%
  • What are we talking about?

Votes: 8 4.5%

• Total voters

MrDarkHorse

Eagle Member
Hyzer is a release angle, but people, including pros, frequently refer to the end of a disc's flight as "hyzering out"

Does this bother you?

Some people seem to pop a vein over this, but we all know what is meant.

Last edited:
The term hyzer is used to describe the angle of the disc. Therefore "hyzering out" is a valid term as the disc is on a hyzer angle at the end of the flight.

The term hyzer is used to describe the angle of the disc. Therefore "hyzering out" is a valid term as the disc is on a hyzer angle at the end of the flight.

Yup. When it fades, it's also taking a hyzer angle, so it seems appropriate.

Still, I voted don't care. Call it what you want.

The point of communication is that the message is intrepeted by the receipient in the way the sender intended.

The following paragraph would be considered effective communication even though the message is terrible.

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

I usually say "faded out" but I've used the term hyzer out before too. Everyone knows what the message is so I don't see it as a big deal. Much like saying more stable or overstable. Sure one is more accurate than the other but I don't see how it could actually get someone upset. It's like when I work on a gun for someone and they call a magazine a clip. I'm not going to correct them, I've used both terms. I just know one is correct and one is technically not. I still know which part they are talking about. The poll question should be "Has DGCR run out of original topics or do we need another pet peeves thread?"

"Hook up!!!!" seems to be more prevalent around here. Call it what you want, just get off the teepad and let me throw.

I agree hyzer is the angle whenever, not just at release. Of course, I have an acute feeling that all this talk of angles is just obtuse. Right?