• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

I dunno. I've had my Terns for awhile and they've taken plenty of hard impacts, and I still don't get a lot of turn out of them. Try throwing a big, high turnover shot with it...you'll be suprised at how pretty the flight is

they definitely prefer a higher flight release. Not really designed for low line drives, at least not the way I throw them.

they definitely prefer a higher flight release. Not really designed for low line drives, at least not the way I throw them.

You can line drive them, but you really have to put some stank on them and anticipate the skip. I've thrown a couple 300-320 foot buzzsaws with it that skip another 30-50 feet, but you're right, there is definetly much better discs for that.

How's this plastic holding up for everyone? My Tern's rim is taking a beating, especially for how few times I've throw it.

The It's Your Tern contest is over.

There were a lot of entries... how many, exactly?

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/555-its-your-tern.html

:)

We actually won a contest for once. :) My family now has 10 Terns on their way to us in the mail. I've been waiting to try one out just in case, and I'm glad I did. I'm curious if they'll be too much like my go to beat up Star Wraiths, or if they'll help compliment them.

I'm curious if they'll be too much like my go to beat up Star Wraiths, or if they'll help compliment them.

I came in here to post that I finally got some wide open field action with them yesterday, and they flew very much like my star/pre-number-pro wraiths. They actually do go a little further, and if you have some hyzer on them, mine didn't flip over. Mine is still really new though (probably only been thrown 15-20 times now), and it is 170g, which was the heaviest I could find in the local PIAS. I'd be interested to see what a max weight could do, and what one of the lighter, 164-165ish ones does. all in all, I like it! great backup (or replacement!) for the wraith, and a straight long strong end-fade disc if I need it in the woods.

^^^I have one scaled at 166g. Was able to rip it out to @ 350' w/ a little anny.
Very impressed so far, and am interested how it holds up after some tree whacks.

I finally got a chance to throw mine last night. The wind was kind of crazy, but that thing really bombs. I managed to throw a 400' shot with it (with a tailwind of course), and a few 350' drives which were pretty as well.

Just threw my 165. It's pretty much a Scorpius for me. Maybe some hard ground hits will activate the high speed turn. Will use it a lot for a while to see what happens. Otherwise, it just gets lost among my 3 Destroyers and 1 Scorpius.

I'm just a little disappointed with their recent naming of discs. I mean, this isn't the 80's anymore. I think they could come up with names that are a little more creative than with up they're coming up with now. vulcan, krait, archon?? Now the tern? Obscure names that don't do any justice to discs that end up just sitting in everyone's trunks after a round or two.

The tern flies a very long way twice a year. It hangs out in the polar regions in the summer. When the season changes, it flies all the way to the other pole and hangs out there in the summer. And so on. And 'tern' also is a homonym for 'turn'.

Just threw my 165. It's pretty much a Scorpius for me. Maybe some hard ground hits will activate the high speed turn. Will use it a lot for a while to see what happens. Otherwise, it just gets lost among my 3 Destroyers and 1 Scorpius.

I threw a 167 Tern the other day and it is way more stable than the 175 I was throwing.

Is your 175 one of the -4 -2 rated ones?

bob traded his 175 to me, there are no numbers on it, there is NO WAYIN HELL that the disc is -4, most of the time i dont even see a -2, if i throw it flat, it will glide and fade at the end, if i give it just a little anhyzer, that is when i see the -2 it will turn some then straighten out, when i see numbers like -4 my mamba comes to mind and that this is unpredictable!

Mine was a proto Tern so not sure what the flight numbers are. It turned out to be way to under stable for my liking though.

Took a tern for the better!

So won this disc at a tourney a month ago and after a few throws wasn't impressed. But the last couple weeks I did some field practice and now I love it. It is a 171 champ reg stamp. It was more stable than I expected and hzyered out sooner than my archon on an annie line. Now that I've gotten to know the disc I can put it on any line predictably. I love the glide. Halfway through any throw right before fade it kicks up 5ft and holds the line a bit longer. I love it for long hyzers. Love it for long lasers 5 ft off the ground. And love it for big s shots. Not my annie disc though. Almost my longest disc behind boss.

yeah, the description says they are swirly gold and silver. either you will see star plastic looking a lot more like gold line or maybe another line of plastic altogether.

I just bought a 167 Champ Tern last weekend and that thing is definately a long disc. I was ripping it 450' plus if the fence hadn't stopped it. I did this probably 5-6 times to test for consistance and It's got a home in the bag now. I can't get even get my Nuke out that far.:clap:

Latest posts