• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Vibram Birdie Bash!

Awesome!

Well we got our first couple of sponsorship for our event. Going to be some added swag in our player packs. And a local insurance agency is adding back packs for all the players.

That's awesome to hear! InfiniteDiscs hooked us up with a ton of minus to give away as prizes, and Justin at CommunityDiscs gave us a bunch of stickers, a SmallAxe Puck and a shirt when I ordered some "fugly Vibrams" during his sale when I mentioned I was running a BB.

I think because Vibram assumes all the cost for the BB it will allow TDs to offer up more prizes. I know our Ring of Fire has almost a grand worth of prizes which is awesome. I cant thank Mr. Dodge and Vibram enough for doing this....way better than Discraft A e Race, Legacy's Ace Run or DD's two disc challenge in my opinion.

That's awesome to hear! InfiniteDiscs hooked us up with a ton of minus to give away as prizes, and Justin at CommunityDiscs gave us a bunch of stickers, a SmallAxe Puck and a shirt when I ordered some "fugly Vibrams" during his sale when I mentioned I was running a BB.

I think because Vibram assumes all the cost for the BB it will allow TDs to offer up more prizes. I know our Ring of Fire has almost a grand worth of prizes which is awesome. I cant thank Mr. Dodge and Vibram enough for doing this....way better than Discraft A e Race, Legacy's Ace Run or DD's two disc challenge in my opinion.

Who did you talk to at infinte disc? I had thought about buying mini's out of pocket for all the players.

A couple of quick questions, most of which I assume I already know the answer to, but I'll ask anyway.

1. It seems like everyone is getting Medium X-link, which is fantastic since I've got a firm VP and want to try Medium anyway. However, has anyone been surprised with(or successful at requesting) Firm?

2. Has anyone been successful requesting lighter fairway drivers and heavier putters, or vice versa? Worst case scenario I'll just order everything heavy to be on the safe side, but I ususally like my fairway drivers a little lighter. Due to the number of events, I'm assuming they aren't doing this, but thought I'd ask.

3. Has anyone had success requesting colors, or requesting to avoid specific colors? Again, no big deal either way, I'll just trade anything I don't care for to a friend who has terrible taste (or at least opposite of mine :D). I love many of Vibram's color combos, but there are a couple that are just dreadful IMHO. Again, due to number of players/events I assume we just take what we get.

Regardless of the answers, I can't wait to play in a couple of these over the next 2 months. Thanks Steve and Vibram, and keep up the good work.

From what I have read all will be x-med. I've heard of people requesting heavy putter light drivers. Don't know the success rate

Who did you talk to at infinte disc? I had thought about buying mini's out of pocket for all the players.

Email Kirk and tell him Andrew Belet sent you. I'm sure if your order a couple Vibrams and mention what they're for he'll hook you up with a bunch of minis.

Vibram is getting the money and providing the prizes. Do the clubs/TD's get any money?
Also I am having trouble ordering a pack on-line. No only is the website screwy(events not listed in order by date) it won't let the paypal page come up.
We have a lot of people that don't go online and I was wondering if Steve has another way to pay besides Paypal.

Vibram is getting the money and providing the prizes. Do the clubs/TD's get any money?
Also I am having trouble ordering a pack on-line. No only is the website screwy(events not listed in order by date) it won't let the paypal page come up.
We have a lot of people that don't go online and I was wondering if Steve has another way to pay besides Paypal.

TDs get five dollars back, paid via PayPal prior to the event, per registrant. We didn't get any support from our local club, so we used it to get even more prizes. As for signing up, right now the only way is through PayPal. I had a couple players who did not have accounts, so I walked them through how to pay without creating a PayPal account. Its pretty easy to do if you have PayPal in tron od you to help them.

I have no S.A. on the TD packs, I didn't order one, bit the other TDs on here haven't had any problems. Id email Mr. Dodge directly, he answers quickly and ia very easy to deal with.

I ordered a TD pack last week. Quick and painless, fast delivery, no problems. Threw a round at my home course with them yesterday and was quite pleased! Looking forward to hosting our bash in May!

Yea it's 5 bucks a person back to club minus shipping of disc. My money is going into the course itself. It's a brand new course that opens soon and it was a good way to try to buy the last 6 baskets (piece by piece). It also allows for a small pot of money that I can bring ace races in and other type of tourneys without breaking my own pocket book. as for shipping on td pack mine was super fast. It actually came in within a few days of ordering. I had figured a few weeks. As for the pay pal. I have offered to use mine to pay if players paid me. Then in comments I marked the bag as whoever I bought it for.

For those of you who have already had their events (don't think there are many out there) did the online registration end at midnight of the last registration date? Mine is april 14, so registration ill end on the 7th. I'll probably have a handful of people want to pay me at random dubs on the 7th and I want to make sure I'll be able to get them registered under my paypal later in the day.

I had several people who did not want to use paypal. They gave me there money and disc request and the I registered them using my "iRegisteredOnline" account and my PayPal account. In the comments section, I put "TD registering [NAME]". When I got my final listing, the player was listed correctly.

A couple of quick questions, most of which I assume I already know the answer to, but I'll ask anyway.

1. It seems like everyone is getting Medium X-link, which is fantastic since I've got a firm VP and want to try Medium anyway. However, has anyone been surprised with(or successful at requesting) Firm?

2. Has anyone been successful requesting lighter fairway drivers and heavier putters, or vice versa? Worst case scenario I'll just order everything heavy to be on the safe side, but I ususally like my fairway drivers a little lighter. Due to the number of events, I'm assuming they aren't doing this, but thought I'd ask.

3. Has anyone had success requesting colors, or requesting to avoid specific colors? Again, no big deal either way, I'll just trade anything I don't care for to a friend who has terrible taste (or at least opposite of mine :D). I love many of Vibram's color combos, but there are a couple that are just dreadful IMHO. Again, due to number of players/events I assume we just take what we get.

Regardless of the answers, I can't wait to play in a couple of these over the next 2 months. Thanks Steve and Vibram, and keep up the good work.

All discs sent out are X-Link Medium unless we are out of stock. For example, we had to switch some heavy Ridges this coming weekend to Firm.

I am not able to accommodate weight or color requests. Due to the number of events, we are automating as much of the process as possible. Trying to accommodate these requests would increase the number of errors and significantly increase the time it takes to process the events.

We are getting better and better colors. I just modified the color chart for our discs last week and we should see some new and better color combos going forward.

For those of you who have already had their events (don't think there are many out there) did the online registration end at midnight of the last registration date? Mine is april 14, so registration ill end on the 7th. I'll probably have a handful of people want to pay me at random dubs on the 7th and I want to make sure I'll be able to get them registered under my paypal later in the day.

Registration is closed at midnight (or a little thereafter if Terry goes to sleep early.) If for some reason you do not get them into IRO in time, email and/or call me early the next morning and I will get them in.

The birdie bash in Iowa park Texas got a boost today from a few local businesses. We got 100 dollars from Midwest waste services for an ace pot. And 100 from a local plumber to buy some mini's for player packs. Our group is super stoked

Latest posts