• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Vibram Birdie Bash!

Yes. Most of the. Are set up that you will be able to get your disc an hour to hour and a half before the event

Anyone else having issues trying to register through the iregistered website? Is there an alternative way to register?

You can give your money to the TD, and have him sign you up.

Steve, thank you for taking the time to respond directly to my inquiries. I assumed that everything you said would be the case, and due to the logistics I totally understand that trying to satisfy hundreds of requests would be very difficult. Still, can't blame a guy for hoping he could land a couple of sweet blue/orange or blue/grey discs, right? I love most of your color combos, and look forward to seeing what I get at both tourney's I plan to register for in the near future. Thanks for putting on a neat event.

Hopefully with each passing weekend we get more feedback from people who played in theirs. I thought it was kind of funny that registration just opened if you wanted to host a discraft ace race. I don't remember it opening this early in previous years.

Unfortanly most of my players are wanting to pay cash, so I'm using the site more then them. I'm almost tempted to call the iregsitered guy and do one big payment so I don't keep charging my card 25 bucks at a time

Hopefully with each passing weekend we get more feedback from people who played in theirs. I thought it was kind of funny that registration just opened if you wanted to host a discraft ace race. I don't remember it opening this early in previous years.

Discraft registration has been around this time for several years, maybe more.

Well, I played the Birdie Bash at Phantom Falls yesterday, and, as always with events at the Phantom, we had a blast and a half. SInce it was St. Patrick's Day, Paulie (TD and owner of the Phantom) held a bit of a costume contest. I won and got a sick Phantom Falls green beanie...which I needed once the clouds rolled in.

The winner of the event (who was on my card) got 48 points. 2nd palce at 38, so you could say the winner (Nate Kirscher) definetly killed it! Paulie also had a few extra prizes to give away so he did a little CTP at the end.

It was definetly a good time, and made me even more excited for mine. The only bad thing that happened was that there was a bit of a hiccup in the shipping, and Paulie was shorted 8 discs for the players packs. Luckily, he has an outstanding pro shop and he was able to still fill the players requests. I don't know Mr. Dodge personally, but I do know how he runs his business and I can assure that 1) that won't happen to anyone else and 2) he'll definetly "make good" with Paulie. It deserves a mention because it is what it is, but everyone still go their requested discs in the end.

My only other note is the Vibram shirts that come with the players packs are extremely comfortable. Their just cotton, but they weren't stiff at all. Most people had no problems switching over to wearing them for the event.

^^^ that's also part of the reason i ordered myself a pack. Just incase a pack didn't show up, I could give mine up. Could I been an I register issue, could of been a vibram issue. Either way, I'm sure they will take care of him

Paulie here (Phantom Falls DGC) - Mr Steve Dodge is a true professional, and the shortage of discs at PF should not have, and would not have been mentioned but for the fact that I needed to explain to the participants that received a Firm or soft virsion of the disc(s) that they requested, why they did not get the Medium version of there requested disc as advertised. Steve and his team at Vibram DG are the best at what they do, and the mistake was a simple claricle(sp?) error that has been fixed and will not happen to future BB's. Thanks to all who participated in the Phantom Falls DGC Birdie Bash, and to the Sponsors, Vibram DG, UpSlope Brewery (Boulder Colorado), Destination Disc - Disc Golf Products and Services, Disc-In Disc Golf Baskets, Bucksnort Disc Golf Course, and Phantom Falls Disc Golf Course.
A special thank you goes out to Steve Dodge for all his hard work in pulling off this years new favorite DG event around the country. Regards - Paulie

Truth. I didn't mean to step on your toes, Paulie, but I felt it was worth a mention. All the participants at the Phantom Falls Birdie Bash got the discs they wanted, and everyone had a good time...the beer tastings from Upslope Brewery were definetly a huge bonus.

I also think Steve Dodge deserves a huge thanks, error or not, for all the work he has done. He single-handedly sold a hiking boot company on disc golf, and in the process revolutionized disc golf and the materials used therein. While the Disc Golf arm has grown in leaps and bounds since they first released the VP, Steve still has taken it upon himself to run the brand, promote the Vibram Open, AND come up with the amazing idea for these Birdie Bashes.

He said before that his goal was 30 Birdie Bashes with 30 participants each...he has tripled that which just goes to show how much love Vibram gets. I'm sure Vibram is losing money on these events, but Mr. Dodge isn't concerned with that, because he is concerned with people having fun and enjoying disc golf. My BB has tons of begginers playing, and I wouldn't have it any other way. It's going to be a fun time for all, and they get to walk away with SUPER-COMFORTABLE shirts and 2 great discs for a fraction of the cost that they would normally pay for those two discs. Even with all the work Mr. Dodge and his crew are putting in to make these events run smoothly, he still finds the time to answer my emails and/or phone calls. If I email him, he responds to me within 30 minutes, within an hour if it's not normal business hours. That's because, like I said, he cares about this sport. When you call Vibram Disc Golf, chances are Mr. Dodge himself will answer the phone and he has no problem talkign to you for as long as it takes to resolve your issues, answer your questions, etc. He is an outstanding business manager AND amabassador for the sport, and in my opinion, many other disc golf companies could learn from the way he handles business.

Again, I want to apologize to Paulie for mentioning the hiccup, it wasn't my place to do so. I also want to apologize to Mr. Dodge for putting him on blast on these forums...the mistake likely wasn't his fault and like I said when I first mentioned it, I can guarentee he corrected the mistake with Paulie and likely went above and beyond what any other company would have done if they had made the same mistake.

For what it's worth, my local pias just started carrying Vibram. They carry a pretty good selection of other manufacturers and I'd like to think they realized there would be a lot of interest in Vibram after our local Birdie Bash on the 14th. To me that says a lot, and I made sure to hook my buddy up with a handful of backups to test out for a week or 2 so he could make suggestions when people came in wanting to check them out.

As much as I like golfing in nice weather, I kind of hope the weather is a bit gross during our Birdie Bash so everybody can see how much better they perform. I know that was the biggest selling point for me aside from the flight itself.

How do the grand prizes work, top spot or top 2 spots?? What were the 2nd round hot card prizes?

Grand Prizes are interesting, and cool. The overall winner gets a sweet trophy disc (Nate, who won the Phantom Falls BB got a firm Lace trophy disc but don't know if they will all be Laces) and then he got to choose whether he wanted a spot on the Vibram Tester Team or a pair of Five Finger Bakilas. The 2nd place winner gets whatever the 1st place didn't choose. In the case of Phantom Falls, Nate chose the Tester spot.

2nd round winner (to wit: the player who gets the highest score in the second round) gets a sweet Vibram beer glass and a Vibram coaster. the coaster is an actual coaster, so it's much floppier than their Vibram minis...definetly not for throwing.

I know myself and a lot of other TDs are offering up additional SWAG for the winners. Paulie at Phantom Falls did this as well.

Finally able to register for the VBB in my area after many attempts, I would live another pair of Five Finger shoes....

Playing tomorrow in a deluge down in Southern Pines. :\

Grand Prizes are interesting, and cool. The overall winner gets a sweet trophy disc (Nate, who won the Phantom Falls BB got a firm Lace trophy disc but don't know if they will all be Laces) and then he got to choose whether he wanted a spot on the Vibram Tester Team or a pair of Five Finger Bakilas. The 2nd place winner gets whatever the 1st place didn't choose. In the case of Phantom Falls, Nate chose the Tester spot.

2nd round winner (to wit: the player who gets the highest score in the second round) gets a sweet Vibram beer glass and a Vibram coaster. the coaster is an actual coaster, so it's much floppier than their Vibram minis...definetly not for throwing.

I know myself and a lot of other TDs are offering up additional SWAG for the winners. Paulie at Phantom Falls did this as well.

I won the Vibram Birdie Bash that we had today, and my prize disc was a firm Lace as well. Overall a very cool disc. The 2nd round card winners at ours got a Vibram Disc Golf stainless steel water bottle.

It's gonna be a wet one! :D

Wet, cold, AND windy! I felt like a WWI vet coming out of the trenches after that tourney.

Somehow managed to win a CTP and my card the 2nd round so that helped alleviate my misery a bit. Tourney seemed to go well overall though. I think it would behoove Vibram to try and hook people up with more specific weights, I heard quite a few peeps whinging about their discs being lighter than they wanted.

Latest posts