• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Thoughts on the new ti plastic.

wouldn't it just be easier to ask the company supplying the plastic if there were other available plastics instead of buying a "box" of discs? When we need steel with a certain characteristic we call suppliers and ask. We don't go out and buy a truckload and get it "reverse engineered".

The steel that you buy has already been engineered. Disc companies have "secret recipes" of different polymer combinations unique to their discs. You can't just call a plastic supplier and ask for Ti or GL plastic. A friend in Ypsilanti MI saw one of the owners of discraft purchase a large quantity of L64 GL plastic and shortly thereafter Ti is announced for release. I heard this and came to a logical conclusion.

Look on a map how far Ypsilanti is from Wixom. Ypsilanti is where discraft purchased the GL plastic, and Wixom is where discraft is. Pretty close.

This is also funny, "More durable. More grippable. And looks like nothing you've ever seen in disc golf." Discraft website says this about Ti. I say this however, "More durable. More grippable. And looks like nothing you've ever seen in disc golf except for GL seeing as how we copied it and all."

I am sorry. Not trying to be difficult or a jerk but when I see an up and coming company like L64 really trying hard and making some incredible leaps in disc technology, especially in plastic, and then discraft makes something that looks exactly like and L64 product... Kinda rubs me the wrong way. Especially when discraft says, "Looks like nothing you've ever seen in disc golf." Because that claim to originality is a bold faced lie.

i always bought GL for looks and flight. Especially with the raised stamps on Ti they have much more grip than gl....along with no plus mold rim. I don't understand the hate, they're competeing for our business and if they produce something great, even if copied, and it fits my game. Then im going to buy it, i could care less if its a copy or not. That is petty BS and too be honest the &^&%&ing is unwaranted.

Do you want some cheese with your Whine?

I am sorry. Not trying to be difficult or a jerk but when I see an up and coming company like L64 really trying hard and making some incredible leaps in disc technology, especially in plastic, and then discraft makes something that looks exactly like and L64 product... Kinda rubs me the wrong way. Especially when discraft says, "Looks like nothing you've ever seen in disc golf." Because that claim to originality is a bold faced lie.

the Ti i have clearly has some differences from goldline. there are pearly streaks mixed in with the goldline-like swirl. no latitude ive seen has that characteristic. it has a slightly different feel than goldline as well. it also has the unique "stamp." they are not "exactly" the same. this is common and good for disc golf i think when companies are competing against each other to make a good product. i like latitude, i carry some of their discs in my lat 64 pro bag. i also carry discraft, innova, and gateway in that bag.

by the way, my friend saw a guy from latitude buy a bunch of buzzzs and comets and then right after that the core and fuse came out. they arent quite the same but i sure am mad...:|

Again I am sorry if you are offended but my biggest complaint is this claim on the discraft website. It pissed me off."More durable. More grippable. And looks like nothing you've ever seen in disc golf."
It does look quite alot like something I have seen in disc golf. Please don't pretend to be original.
Yes compete for market share but don't try to bs your competition and customers.

i always bought GL for looks and flight. Especially with the raised stamps on Ti they have much more grip than gl....along with no plus mold rim. I don't understand the hate, they're competeing for our business and if they produce something great, even if copied, and it fits my game. Then im going to buy it, i could care less if its a copy or not. That is petty BS and too be honest the &^&%&ing is unwaranted.

Do you want some cheese with your Whine?
the only plastic slicker than ti is blizzard. there is next to no grip in ti plastic, at least when its new.

What leaps in disc technology has Latitude made? Using different plastic that's pretty isn't a leap. It's barely a step. They haven't mastered consistent molding (no one). They haven't molded lighter discs in premium plastic (Innova). They haven't worked on anything like an overmold (MVP). They haven't used rubber (Vibram). Arguably, their discs have great glide, but they also designed their molds to be run in premium plastic so that explains that. My Strikers (when I threw them) and Rivers aren't any more durable than any of the Champ/Z and Star/ESP/FLX I've used.

I concur
good sir.
Never said they were exactly the same,(at least I hope I didn't,) but I am still bummed that L64's reward for successful R&D is have their thunder stolen by discraft. I should probably shut up now, I don't want to be "that guy".
I try to be nice I really do...

What leaps in disc technology has Latitude made? My Strikers (when I threw them) and Rivers aren't any more durable than any of the Champ/Z and Star/ESP/FLX I've used.

You are the only person I have ever heard say that.
I have to show you pics of my 2yr. old halo. INDESTRUCTIBLE!

Last edited:
I concur
good sir.
Never said they were exactly the same,(at least I hope I didn't,) but I am still bummed that L64's reward for successful R&D is have their thunder stolen by discraft. I should probably shut up now, I don't want to be "that guy".
I try to be nice I really do...

its not stealing thunder that is competative business....if Lat's product is of much better quality and last longer flies better, etc. Then Ti wont last long. It's almost a complement to Lat that discraft had to copy to keep up especially Discraft is one of the big dogs.

In the long run it benefits us because before this how bad would you want a GL buzzz,wasp, nuke, etc.

Side Note: im hoping for a Ti Nuke OS.

What leaps in disc technology has Latitude made? Using different plastic that's pretty isn't a leap. It's barely a step. They haven't mastered consistent molding (no one). They haven't molded lighter discs in premium plastic (Innova). They haven't worked on anything like an overmold (MVP). They haven't used rubber (Vibram). Arguably, their discs have great glide, but they also designed their molds to be run in premium plastic so that explains that. My Strikers (when I threw them) and Rivers aren't any more durable than any of the Champ/Z and Star/ESP/FLX I've used.

champ/z and esp/star is less durable than opto and gold. i dont think anyone who has thrown them extensively would argue that

champ/z and esp/star is less durable than opto and gold. i dont think anyone who has thrown them extensively would argue that

On the whole, most people would agree with you. There is the odd exception to take into account, though, depending on the run. Some super-durable champ/star discs that would compare to gl/opto, and probably some less durable gl/optos.

On the whole, most people would agree with you. There is the odd exception to take into account, though, depending on the run. Some super-durable champ/star discs that would compare to gl/opto, and probably some less durable gl/optos.

of course CE compares closer to opto than reg champ, but current runs lat 64 has a comfortable lead on durability and consistent molding for that matter.

There is some freaky durable pro plastic out there. Have not seen it much recently though. Really, pro plastic? Blew my mind when I saw it.

I have an Opto River with less than 20 rounds on it that has a crease in the flightplate that looks like a car door ding. I've never seen any other plastic but baseline do that. I also have a first run PD I just got back after six months in the drink that was my only distance driver for about two years (daily rounds) before losing it that has a smoother rim than the same River. That's less durable Star compared to "more durable" Opto. I have lost all my Opto Strikers that I used to throw (first runs and beyond), but their rims were equally as nicked up.

Now I know this means I need to hit less trees, but I haven't had the same experience with Latitude that everyone else has. It doesn't mean the River's leaving any time soon though.

Is there really any need for a more durable plastic than Champ/Z, I mean I have champ discs that are 5 years old, and their flight has remained consistent since them broke in, and i throw them into trees all the time...

Do the Ti's beat in differently/better?