• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Throwing approach shots with … putters

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I loved the Harp for FH and BH approaches for a while until the Stego gave them the boot. Then I started using the Berg for straighter shots to replace the Rhyno.

Whaddya know… now I'm preferring a P2 for everything. It took a while for me to get the hang of flicking putters. 6 months ago I'd never have thought I wouldn't use an 'approach disc', but now it's tempting to get two slots back in the bag. The Berg is still handy because of it's low glide and sticking in place. The Stego is used on rare occasions for super awkward angles.

Nose-up putter anny approaches have been working great lately.

Harp is more like a midrange disc, same with the Zone. They are called putters but let's face a simple fact, when was the last time you saw someone actual put with a Harp or a Zone. Ok, not counting a 20mph head wind in Oklahoma.......

Every course, every situation is different - as long as the disc is PDGA approved and gets there legally, it is all good.

I like using Pures, Aviar3s, Zones, Meteors, Justices, and Tilts to get under the basket