• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Thunderbird

I'd really like to get my hands on a Star, but I have a hard time justifying paying aftermarket prices on those. I've been digging the Metal Flakes; they're just a tick more stable then the 3x and if the stars were a tick more stable then that it'd be great.

If you look in the BG Ams thread you'll see that they are producing a Star Thunderbird as a fundraiser. $20 a pop and solid colors.

I got my BG's today. They feel a bit different than the swirly stars. They have some dome and are a bit more flexible. 2 of the three have a pretty low PLH.

Got a sweet flag stamp 3x champ thunderbird on the way. I wasn't gonna buy a thunderbird unless I found exact weight, color, and stamp that I wanted. I found it so I bought it.

Have a friend that I threw with yesterday and today and he just got a TB and he is flinging that thing better than any disc he has been throwing. It is exactly right for him it seems. May have to check one out.

Don't hold your breath. Innova hasn't released a stock star disc since gstar.

ACK. Somehow I didn't seem to notice this. Am I the only one who finds that a bit disconcerting? I mean I realize Innova is trying to push Gstar, but could their possibly be more to it then that?

After throwing my BG star thunderbird I hope they make stock ones too. It was dead stable for me with a strong left field ish. I almost wish it was a little more overstable.

Have a friend that I threw with yesterday and today and he just got a TB and he is flinging that thing better than any disc he has been throwing. It is exactly right for him it seems. May have to check one out.

You just called a thunderbird a tb.

Think upon your sin.

After throwing my BG star thunderbird I hope they make stock ones too. It was dead stable for me with a strong left field ish. I almost wish it was a little more overstable.

Try a glow. Those are my most overstable. Can't throw em now with the ground covered in snow here. My Gstars are line shapers. I can crank them on any angle and they slowly glide out and fade quick and hard. Champs are my dead straight or slight anny and my Stars are a dead straight bomb with a nice fade. Can't wait to beat in the Stars to see what they turn in to.

I am in love with my BG stars too. I am finding the champs and G* to overlap other discs I like as they wear. I have thrown a lot in the practice field, and my orcs and CDs work better for the straight-turnover role unless the wind is crazy. The star thunderbird is just a tick more stable than my orcs, but not so much it loses a lot of distance. Like a mini star destroyer for me. It is hard to get it to turn right unless I throw way too anhyzer.

My Glow GCC '15 TH. Someone said this is a pre-release

a4p3ZTal.jpg

So, now that the Thunderbird has been out for a while, is anyone still impressed with it? I'm finding myself throwing it less and less. I'm thinking about putting Wraiths back in the bag in its place.

Latest posts