• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trash Talk?

A lot of how I am acting depends on who I am playing with. If it's second round and I'm on 3rd card, I will generally be a lot looser (and liberal) than normal. I have been known to tell someone that they just threw the worst shot I've ever seen (right before I throw second worse shot, of course). Most people take it well and laugh it off, but occasionally there is a turd in the toilet.

That being said, I will give credit where it is due.

There is a difference in talking trash and being a comedian. If you are genuinely happy when someone misses an easy putt and make sure to tell them about it, you are a dick. If someone misses an easy putt, and you say something like "Oh my, that was the most awful shot ever", but then laugh and tell them to shake it off, it's all in jest.

I usually play with the same guys!!!!! And it's a must!!!! One guy gets a little pissy!!!! Thats because he always try's to beat me!!!! That is his mistake!!!! He can't beat me!!!! But, it is what it is!!!! It's all about having fun!!!!!
are you on uppers?

jake jarmel wouls disapprove

Like many have basically stated I play dg to have fun. Even in most tourneys it is very loose but still respectful.

But if I were to come across that real prick like the OP mentioned, I'd consider trying to stay calm, back off from my lie and use the rules. Just quickly call courtesy violation, and if he is really being a jerk you'll get a second. Even if this guy has completed HIS round, he can still be penalized if he keeps it up b/c the tournament isn't over. But only if he was really being totally unnecessary or out of line.

My buddies & I jack with each other all the time. In fact, we sometimes play casual rounds where "anything goes" inside of 25 ft [except altering the flight of the disc]. Helps us learn to block everything out when putting -- kinda like shooting free throws at an away game.

Just I thought.

Like ball golf, there is a rule of conduct. Just call a TD over and forget about it.

If it is a casual round, then you need to verbally and mentally defend yourself.

chit talk doesn't usually mess with me. A friend from highschool will play rounds with me often, and tries to screw me up by throwing acorns mid putt or cracking jokes right as you're running up. It actually helps the head game to make yourself focus and block out all distractions.

Trash talk is a lot of fun among friends, but have never had a complete stranger do it :s