• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travel bag?

Jbultman

Birdie Member
Taking a vacation soon for reasons other than strictly DG. Looking to play a course or two on a day trip.

Do you guys take your entire bag or a smaller minimalist style bag?

I used to just take an Innova standard bag with me. Holds 11 discs and doesn't take up squat for space.

Worked well for me.

I used to just take an Innova standard bag with me. Holds 11 discs and doesn't take up squat for space.

Worked well for me.

My bag is a little larger than that anyway. I only carry 13 discs in a voodoo bag.

Do you carry your discs, I. E. Champ/star/Z plastic. Or do you carry DX ones just in case you loose one, so it's not that big of deal?

Depends on where I'm going and how much DG I'm going to get to play. Usually I only carry 2-5 discs when I travel.

And I always carry backups, never my favorite discs.... there is nothing like losing a favorite disc a thousand miles from home. Feels more hopeless somehow.

2-5 discs is quick and easy and should give you everything you really need. Putter, fairway driver, Mid, OS driver, distance driver.

It also makes shot selection easy... so a plus when trying new courses.

Taking a vacation soon for reasons other than strictly DG. Looking to play a course or two on a day trip.

Do you guys take your entire bag or a smaller minimalist style bag?

It depends on the course(s) I decide to throw. If my research says they're short and simple then there's probobaly no point bringing a tourney setup with triples of everything. Disc golf purses seem to be a popular choice for travelers. I carry a really small thrift store DIY backpack that carries around 8 discs for those sort of things. Single shoulder straps aren't as comfortable as they used to be for me.

All depends on the travel and how I fit everything else in
My normal bag is not a backpack style and collaps but holds 18 discs. My first couple trips I packed backups but I feel just as hopeless at home I won't get them back. I may switch out something if I expect to see a nasty water hazard or very likely to lose but if I have space take my normal everyday bag.
I have a small purse style bag as well I think it will hold 6 or 7 and I've gone with only a Teebird and Envy and I've gone with wizard Envy anchor emactruth Teebird river Saint. Or some lesser combination of those.

I've done a few trips where it was a long shot I would play but there is always room for 1 disc. I will take an Envy or comet even though I don't bag a comet it's such a great single diac diac.

If I know I will play some DG on a decent course, I bring my usual 9-11 disc bag.

If DG is possible but unlikely I'll bring a putter, mid, and maybe fairway.

If DG is not an option but there is somewhere to throw, I'll bring a putter or 2.

Among the variables:
* Are you flying, or driving?
* If driving, is storage space at a premium?
* How big is your normal bag? Is it a backpack or cart?

For myself, I don't fly---it's been years since I went far enough to require flying---my bag isn't that large anyway, a competition bag with about 15 discs, and it lives in the trunk of my car (along with some backups), so it all goes wherever I go.

My DG Voodoo bag makes a great carry on, never check your discs as you might never see them again. Don't take your favorite driver.

Latest posts