• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tripod stools

rehder said:
and the fold up backrest really shines in tourneys if there is even just a slight weight. You can take much more weight off your feet and back with the backrest up compared to not having a backrest.

Or lean forward taking weight off the back bending it to less healthy position. Adding weight to feet. Decisions decisions...

I'm a huge fan of the camptime stools/huksits. I had to stalk Jay Harbour down and got his last Japan Open Stool. I'm not gonna say how much I paid for it though, but I'm extremely happy with it. Great quality.

some call me...tim? said:
SkaBob said:
Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one. Don't get the little one.

That is all.

He is correct. On the topic of testicles, you will be reminded that you have a pair if you get a little one. And not in a pleasant manner.

I got the little one :( only one they had at dicks sporting goods and first one I had found under 35 dollars....its not THAT bad...its a P-I-T-A to set your back up on a hill and it does tend to crush your man-jewels if your not careful, but I normally don't sit down during the round so its mainly just for my bag.

Animix said:
Just so you know, the HukLab one IS the REI one. Huk buys black Camptime Roll-a-Stools and silkscreens and stickers their own logos on it.

HA! There's the placebo effect for you!!!!

Okay, so last weekend I played my first tourney (IOS #2 Crystal Lake, Illinois). I didn't realize there would be so much standing around and waiting between holes. A bunch of people had the tripod stools and it occurred to me that I needed one if I was going to continue playing tourneys. So the day afterthe tourney, I ordered a huksit. Now that I have it, I'm not sure where or how to attach it to my bag. One of the guys in my group at the tourney had it hooked up so that he could sit on it with his bag on the ground or place his bag on top of it or sit on it while wearing his dual straps and then just stand up and walk away without messing with the stool and it would just kind of hang there without getting in the way of walking. Does anyone know how to achieve this ultimate stool attachment? I have attempted about everything I can think of without the same level of coolness as the group member I'm talking about. I have a Revo Carolina bag if that helps. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

When I first got my stool (same as the huksit), I tried to attach it to my bag as well. I found that it's easier to just pick it up and carry it seperately. It gets tied up and twisted and awkward. It worked great sometimes. Then it would bang against my leg or drag on the ground, it just didnt work for me. Sometimes I'll put it on top of my Carolina and slide it through one of the "I don't know what this is for" loops.

yeah, I do the same too (just pick it up & carry). it's also nice to leave it behind you after a series of bad shots. you kinda wake up while you run a few holes back to get it. :D

Yea attaching it to the bag is just too much of a pain in the butt. Just carry it around with you.

For the bigger guys out there I know one guy at leagues that uses the camptime stool every week. He said he is over 300 lbs. I think the weight limit they post on them is ~225 or 250. But in practice it will hold quite a bit more.

The only bad thing about having a stool is forgetting to pick it up after to tee off. I tried writing my name in sharpie on it but that rubbed off really quickly. Long story short this is one of the best $30 purchases I have made.

Purchased a Camp Time stool with the funny money I won at my last tournament. Looking forward to using it in tomorrows tournament.

jwb said:
Jimmy said:
for me. Sometimes I'll put it on top of my Carolina and slide it through one of the "I don't know what this is for" loops.

umbrella holders I believe.

I think he's talking about the little "handle" straps that are on the tops of Revo bags. ChUcK managed to score some pretty nice velcro loops that he's attached to his quad shocks...he uses it for umbrella carrying, but they could be adapted to a stool too.

That's where I got mine. My local REI doesn't carry the Camp-Time anymore. They've replaced it with their own model, which sux.

some call me...tim? said:
jwb said:
Jimmy said:
for me. Sometimes I'll put it on top of my Carolina and slide it through one of the "I don't know what this is for" loops.

umbrella holders I believe.

I think he's talking about the little "handle" straps that are on the tops of Revo bags. ChUcK managed to score some pretty nice velcro loops that he's attached to his quad shocks...he uses it for umbrella carrying, but they could be adapted to a stool too.

The umbrella straps are on the bottom. I'm still not sure of the actual purpose of the top-of-the-bag handles. I'm gonna email Dave at Revolution anyway, I'll ask him.

Those top loops on the Revo bags make it easy to load the bag into a trunk or bed of a truck. If you don't have the room to hold the bag by the quads, you can grab the little loops to help guide the bag.

Has anyone tried the Camptime Roll-a-Chair (the stool with the chair back on it?) Is it worth the extra money?

i stumbled across a stash of the red japan open camptime stools. bought three last night and already traded two of them :)

emiller3 said:
Has anyone tried the Camptime Roll-a-Chair (the stool with the chair back on it?) Is it worth the extra money?

Im really happy that I got the chair, it allows me to take the weight completely of my feet, which can be nice on long courses.

Latest posts