• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Just watched a review of the Maverick on YouTube, where the caption said it was unlike anything the reviewer had thrown in the Trilogy family. May be true, haven't thrown every fairway mold for them. But I was skeptical of the claim, as that is crowded territory.

Got me to thinking about the discs I throw - there is a LOT of overlap between molds, across brands. Much redundancy.

Discs I have thrown that I thought were unique boil down to a few:

Aero - glide 6 on a putter? True story

Trident - weird hybrid OS mid-driver. Great disc.

Diamond - Perfect beginner disc, with unbelievable glide.

Any discs you throw that have yet to be successfully imitated, or came out of left-field?

Unique discs

I think the Squall fits in that category. Its a pretty fast mid that almost seems like a slow driver.

The Flick is unique in that its super thin, fast, and has almost zero glide. No other company makes a disc like it.

ion and volt

because theyre the best ever and unique because nothing will ever transcend them

12291617252_zpsjl9txsy3.jpg

Last edited:
Salient Prometheus. :D
Gumbputt and Blowfly are pretty unique.
Then there's all the weird Quest discs like the Turbo Putt, etc.

On the Discraft tip:
Banger GT (deep grooved top)
Impact (hatchmarks on wing)
Stalker (only beaded fairway I know of... and no, abrupt curls near the bottom of the rim aren't beads)

Its beautiful. So so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so beautiful.

#buttshack

(Mine is red. And it is on my office wall. Within reach.)

This one's just for staring. My thrower/fondler's also red!

Kastaplast Rask. Double wing design. Even more unique than the Epic.

Best roller disc ever...forehand roller that is. Second wing acts as a rim for the second finger for a tommahawk or the roller.
Darn good thumber as well. It's my "get out of trouble" disc

rask_display2_940x354.jpg

Last edited:
Salient Prometheus. :D
Gumbputt and Blowfly are pretty unique.
Then there's all the weird Quest discs like the Turbo Putt, etc.

Another brand that had unique discs was Ching, OOP now. Quest is mostly OOP now.

I will agree with Gumbputt/blunt and Blowfly/Blowfly II.

Discraft: Impact, not much elce like it on the market in terms of feel, a odd midrange like Fairway disc.
Rattler as nobody is making a disc like that one right now being such a deep lid disc.
Bangor GT that grove.

Innova: Birdie is another disc a lid with a Thumbtrack that not much else is like it.
Condor was another unique Innova disc I have rarely seen thrown in disc golf.
OOP Sonic, a fastback disc mad into a disc golf disc. Ones you can find for regular sale in stores are 150 grams and lighter.
Commander basically you have to find a shot that will work for that disc, almost make some shot for the dics to have a commander in the bag.

Almost, Zephyr but the disc is more a competition disc for an all around disc.

Last edited:
On the Discraft tip:
Banger GT (deep grooved top)
Impact (hatchmarks on wing)
Stalker (only beaded fairway I know of... and no, abrupt curls near the bottom of the rim aren't beads)

According to Discraft website the Impact is a Fairway disc and if you look at the bottom more the disc has a bead. ;)

You beat me to it. Had some players asking me about it last weekend at a tournament. Really odd that none of the bigger companies have come out with something like it. My throws off the tee were off a lot but my FH approach game was on point thanks to the Berg.

Latest posts