• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

Kastaplast Rask. Double wing design. Even more unique than the Epic.

Best roller disc ever...forehand roller that is. Second wing acts as a rim for the second finger for a tommahawk or the roller.
Darn good thumber as well. It's my "get out of trouble" disc

rask_display2_940x354.jpg

I might have to get that disc to use for my non existent thumber, hammer, and tomahawk shots, where I use a backhand sky hyzer instead.

It's been mentioned, but the blowfly 2 for me. It is actually a good putter. I only use it uphill but it is good for everything

Like HH mentioned, Quest Turbo Putt and Wheel are definitely unique.

I've never seen another disc like an Innova Lynx, golf disc that also works well for MTA. (Maximum Time Aloft)

The Ching Velocity, Precision, and Juju's thumb spots qualify them for this category.

Lots of good mentions, Berg for sure. I dunno if the Trident is all that unique though. You've got Whippet, Viper, Moab, and Kaxe for example as OS mid/driver hybrids. You can make the case for XXX in there too. Kaxe Z and Squall are stable to understable hybrids, probably some others I'm forgetting. Impact is a great mention plus Discraft's "Wolf" the Spectra.

The Monarch is unique in that it has that grooved wing like the Groove but most of them don't fly like turds like the Groove does. :| Prodigy made a weird grooved wing disc too, M5 I think?

The Innova 'Bat family is fairly unique. Raketen and Missilen with the all over dimple tech. Spike and Sinus both have textured grip pads. I'm gonna end up getting a stupid Rask one day just because it's so weird looking too.

Lots of good mentions, Berg for sure. I dunno if the Trident is all that unique though. You've got Whippet, Viper, Moab, and Kaxe for example as OS mid/driver hybrids. You can make the case for XXX in there too. Kaxe Z and Squall are stable to understable hybrids, probably some others I'm forgetting. Impact is a great mention plus Discraft's "Wolf" the Spectra.

The Monarch is unique in that it has that grooved wing like the Groove but most of them don't fly like turds like the Groove does. :| Prodigy made a weird grooved wing disc too, M5 I think?

The Innova 'Bat family is fairly unique. Raketen and Missilen with the all over dimple tech. Spike and Sinus both have textured grip pads. I'm gonna end up getting a stupid Rask one day just because it's so weird looking too.

Yeah, the Prodigy M5 has the groove in the wing.
Nearly a copy of a Discraft Deuce.
So I guess neither is unique.

The Apache From Gateway is odd, look at the mega dome on that disc. Only some putters have had dome that big.

Arrow From Aerobie is unique too, as are the #1,#2, and #3 Sharpshooters having a odd step down on the disc. The Arrow is that still leagal? Looking at PDGA Yes. The rules were changed due to the Epic and Arrow being made as were some of the Quest AT discs like the Turbo and the roller getting ban from the PDGA approaval. A few other discs Quest AT made also changed what a disc could be too, that putter the original 10 meter Brick as well. New models of the 10 Meter Brick are now a Floppy Champion like plastic and all the discs are a hard Champion/Z/Lucid type plastic. Whoever owns Quest AT is still trying to make a Tubo Putt II that should be PDGA legal. All the Quest AT discs are now sold only on Amazon.

Stalker is unique ish. Wide diameter beaded Fairway. Squall might be similar but I've never thrown it.

The Wedge is unique as a putter. I've never seen another putter with the combination of flippy, shallow, fast, but still glidey.

The Proxy is unique in how it flies. At full power, it flies dead straight. At 100' power it flies dead straight. It is not unique in that, like many discs out there, it has a stupid name.

Gateway Diablo DT is another dimple example, the deepest wing dimple I know of.
Fly by night owl and bat are the only ones to have a groove in the rim to snap a glow necklace into.

Gateway Diablo DT is another dimple example, the deepest wing dimple I know of.

A guy I met on the course let me throw his Diablo DT once. It was 140g and just stupidly overstable. Full rip (with some OAT) and nary a hint of turn. Pretty unique disc in that regard.

Tons of great mentions here.

I'll add the RIP Graboid for its early non gyro overmold and huge almost floppy bead.

Salient Vein for its big bead and super high domey top.

Tons of great mentions here.

I'll add the RIP Graboid for its early non gyro overmold and huge almost floppy bead.

Salient Vein for its big bead and super high domey top.

The Vein was a solid beefy fairway. It was the only Salient-designed mold I bagged when I was testing.

Should you come across a first run, snag it....or let me know...I only have one backup.

Second runs and on out where retooled to 'only' be stupid OS.

The owner claims that all the Rask sold were the retooled ones. It was retooled before first runs. I am curious what you have or where your info is from? You should also try a Glow Rask if you havent, the consensus is they are the glidier less overstable run made.

They all are pretty overstable, they also respond well to tuning and my broken in ones are definately less OS than my first run. I do have a few that are more OS than my first run. I thought out of box my 1st run was more workable, but I am not so sure after trying a few more runs (early blues being the most OS)

The rask excels into the wind like nothing else. I have thrown discs that are as fast and as overstable but none cut into the wind on a backhand rip like the Rask. My heavy headwind D is not significantly shorter than my calm conditions wind anymore.

Berg is an obvious answer for this thread, in flight and feel/shape. One of the best approach discs ever.

Words . . . they all are pretty overstable, they also respond well to tuning and my broken in ones are definately less OS than my first run . . . . words

Don't you dare mention tuning! Aren't you aware base plastic discs suck and can never recover from one tree hit? :rolleyes:

Latest posts