• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

The owner claims that all the Rask sold were the retooled ones. It was retooled before first runs. I am curious what you have or where your info is from? You should also try a Glow Rask if you havent, the consensus is they are the glidier less overstable run made.

Forgive me if my memory may be fuzzy, it has been bagged for over 4 years, but I believe this is what Marshell Street had on their first run, which is where I bought mine.

What I have is more OS the a Star Destroyer. Closer to a Spirit, but faster.

Could it be that MS got ahold of a couple protos?

Glow K1 is a no go for me. It is too soft....yuck.
That and I want my Rask to be super OS

Last edited:
Saw the Juju mentioned once. Good call with the odd thumb spots.

The Drone may not qualify, but I've never held another disc that felt like it does. Kind of an odd shape to me.

I've had a couple Infernos with the rough top to the wing.

And what was the disc with the wing dimpled kind of like a golf ball?

Wasn't the Valkyrie the first "wide-rimmed" driver?

What a great example of knocking it out of the park on the first swing. Still one of the most popular drivers after all this time.

:clap:

I personally think the Ninja (new) is a unique mold (not by numbers) I've been experimenting with it and it's a pretty versatile disc. It'll take what ya give it but it always finishes the same. I cover shots that I'd throw my convict and my escape on which for me are two very different type of shot. Plus that drag reducing rim is just it's own kind of thing and the extreme pop top on this thing, but it's comfy. IDK any thoughts??

Rival? Explorer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are failed attempts to attempts to recreate the Teebird. The Rival was close, but not close enough.
And really? The Explorer? That disc sucks.

Mako? Gauge? Gobi?

Are nothing like the Comet. The Mako is convex and beadless, the Gauge is a Roc copy with fade, and the Gobi has turn *and* fade.

Are failed attempts to attempts to recreate the Teebird. The Rival was close, but not close enough.

And really? The Explorer? That disc sucks.

Are nothing like the Comet. The Mako is convex and beadless, the Gauge is a Roc copy with fade, and the Gobi has turn *and* fade.

Rival is far from a failure. Explorer flies and feels just like a teebird. Gauge is not the 8x roc that's the ghost. It and the mako are beadless along with the gobi, which is also dead straight. No turn or fade. If we're talking flight neither the comet or teebird are unique at all. In fact many discs fly similar to exactly the same. Feelwise yes the comet does feel pretty unique.

I just watched a Homeslice Disc Golf YouTube video yesterday, entitled Have You Ever Thrown this Disc: Quest Teebone. They were throwing a T-Bone in a field, and they loved it.

Last edited:
Saw the Juju mentioned once. Good call with the odd thumb spots.

The Drone may not qualify, but I've never held another disc that felt like it does. Kind of an odd shape to me.

I've had a couple Infernos with the rough top to the wing.

And what was the disc with the wing dimpled kind of like a golf ball?

Didn't original Dynamic Discs or Destiny Discs Have a disc with dimples that could not pass PDGA Inspection for some reason or another?

Latest posts