• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Truly unique molds

Is there anything quite like the MVP resistor? 6 speed, thin rimmed, very flat, and overstable? Great disc for a controlled forehand.

That's a good call. Resistor is the disc that's been in my bag the longest. Anything else that I can think to compare it to is either wider rimmed or way taller profile.

Nova is a great disc but not necessarily unique. Rival is one of the best discs in my bag

What are some other discs that are similar in flight to a nova? I personally have never seen another disc with as little of fade as the nova, but there are plenty of discs I'm not familiar with. I saw someone mention in this thread that the proxy is a dead straight flier, but also described it as resistant to hss, which is different from the novas I've thrown.

What are some other discs that are similar in flight to a nova? I personally have never seen another disc with as little of fade as the nova, but there are plenty of discs I'm not familiar with. I saw someone mention in this thread that the proxy is a dead straight flier, but also described it as resistant to hss, which is different from the novas I've thrown.

Proxy Sparta hunter habit. Nova is very resistant to HST. It's just not resistant to OAT, like any other neutral putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Star Zephyr is just as straight as a Nova.

Proxy Sparta hunter habit. Nova is very resistant to HST. It's just not resistant to OAT, like any other neutral putter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point. The turn I was seeing probably had a lot more to do with OAT than the disc itself. Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to check out a couple of those.

One-Of-A-Kind molds....

DGA • Blowfly
Prodiscus • Jokeri
Innova • Zephyr
RIP Discs • Graboid
UB Discs • Procul "Hand Candy"

Attachments

• 20200727_104052.jpg
    20200727_104052.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200727_104124.jpg
    20200727_104124.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 34
Gateway while putting out some more traditional feeling drivers the last few years has to be one of the only companies that have some beaded ones. Got a newer run Savage as the "prototype" disc in a mystery box, wasn't really wowed by it, Apaches could be all over the place with the dome, the Ninja though was a nice addition, flew like the flatter champ/z plastic Apaches. Also the newer Samurais, even with the sandblasted wing feel so much better now, the older HPP ones were absurdly domey, these feel nice and sleek in the hand, just made to rip a big hyzer flip with.

Gateway while putting out some more traditional feeling drivers the last few years has to be one of the only companies that have some beaded ones. Got a newer run Savage as the "prototype" disc in a mystery box, wasn't really wowed by it, Apaches could be all over the place with the dome, the Ninja though was a nice addition, flew like the flatter champ/z plastic Apaches. Also the newer Samurais, even with the sandblasted wing feel so much better now, the older HPP ones were absurdly domey, these feel nice and sleek in the hand, just made to rip a big hyzer flip with.

Nope Discraft Still makes the Stalker and then the Glide with the microbead both fairway drivers. Unless you mean Driving Drivers Speed 9-10 on up.

Is this thread old enough that it predates the Stego?

This thread was made in 2018, I think that mold was bran new when it came out in 2016 when I was coming back to disc golf.

Also almost forgot the Dimpled disc that Destiny Discs/Dynamic Disc made in the 1990's that was one of the disc that did not pass PDGA approval and the company Stamped that on the disc anyhow that it was Approved due to the stiffness of the disc. The company had a Strike before in mid 1980 for keeping the PDGA approved on the Super Puppy discs the beyond 200 gram sets. Not Destiny fault, the company made a few molds before 1982 that were not PDGA approved later due to size.

Spider, Gator. Cayman, Skeeter, and Hyzerbomb Morter made Millennium discs by Innova factory. There is not much else at speed 5 with a putter shape to the mold. All discs made by Innova factory that throw well for what the player might want in a disc mold. Good molds too boot.

Spider, Gator. Cayman, Skeeter, and Hyzerbomb Morter made Millennium discs by Innova factory. There is not much else at speed 5 with a putter shape to the mold. All discs made by Innova factory that throw well for what the player might want in a disc mold. Good molds too boot.

I bag the Spider consistently. great utility/putting disc.

Is this thread old enough that it predates the Stego?

Apparently not (post #4):
Aerobie Epic. Nothing else is like it as far as I know.

As for a newer disc ... the Reptilian Disc Golf Stego. It is not quite like anything else on the market.
...nice necro-bump, but the thread's not all that ancient.

Is that mold Fully oop now or is the Star Spider Still made?

I haven't checked in a while but I thought it was still produced in champion as well, but I could be wrong my spider information is a bit dated... Also when I look for spiders I prefer the older PFN champ anyways

Latest posts