• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Minis

I got your latest silver mini in the mail today, thanks! Now I have a bronze and a silver hanging on the wall. Anyways, I love playing more courses and thinking critically about them, and spending a few reflective moments to help other players decide where to go play, whether to make the trip, etc.. Plus, the reviews have been incredibly useful for me when I'm on the road, so there is a lot of give and take involved.

Doing a review of the big/famous courses in a given area gets the most up/down votes, which isn't always fair in terms of vote numbers. Most of my reviews have 1 or just a few votes because they are small courses. Some others have dozens of votes, even though the review isn't any better or worse as a consequence of being for a small/big course. And like some others said, if you say anything bad about some courses there seem to be trolls ready to jump out and hit the thumbs-down button. Especially if it is a big course that is everyone else's favorite...if you say anything negative, they might attack. But that's the nature of things.

I also don't fixate on the top-rated courses list on the front page. Firstly, I know that there are probably 100 other courses within one or two decimal places of being on that list. Second, I've played some of the courses that stay consistently on the top 10 list, and I know for a fact they're not as good as many others I have played. Plus I'll often see many review ratings for these top 10 are from folks who haven't reviewed in more than one state. Third, there is little to gain by worrying so much about what others think. I'm in it for the fun, and my own personal enjoyment. All I hope is that I can spread my perceptions accurately, and that somebody will benefit from it.

sweet! i didn't even know about this. presuming this is still going on?

Good thing I got my silver mini recently, I see that I've been demoted back to Bronze!

I had been thinking of trying for Gold, but it now seems like too much extra effort. Like playing a hole at the course where the basket gets further away after every throw.

It was fun, though. I'll show off my minis whenever I get the chance.

No do not stop now! Just get out and play some courses when you travel, or just stick to reviewing your local courses, but don't stop. We need more upper level TR's.

Good thing I got my silver mini recently, I see that I've been demoted back to Bronze!

I had been thinking of trying for Gold, but it now seems like too much extra effort. Like playing a hole at the course where the basket gets further away after every throw.

Don't give up:
"If you write it, they will vote." (said in a creepy whisper)

You're only 11 votes from silver.. one or two reviews should put you over the top.

becoming a TR has been a huge drive for me to play and think critically about new courses!

thanks for lighting a fire under ma bum. :)

Winter is making this go so slow. I need to travel and get some more reviews in.

i feel kind of the same way but im still chugging along:\

You're only 11 votes from silver.. one or two reviews should put you over the top.

Do you promise not to change the requirements/levels again? If so, I'll keep on posting new reviews...

Do you prmise to keep writing reviews even after you ge to gold status?????? That is the question, the mini is unimportant!

Yeah, I think he also said something like "Or hit 50,000 members in the year"
I think he just meant he wont change it, he just won't promise.

I don't foresee changing it anytime soon. If I did ever change it again, I'm pretty confident everyone that took part in this thread will have long passed any mark the bar would be raised to. I think the current levels will last for years if not the life of the site assuming Brad Pitt doesn't decide to become an avid disc golfer and a million people sign up for the site tomorrow. I'm betting that probably won't happen though :)

TimG, does your wife hate this site? My wife hates it :) "You are always doing something on Disc Golf Course Review." This has to go double for you.