• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewer Stats

I'm second worst out of the 58 golds in terms of thumbs/review... I like to think I'm cool, but no one cares about my reviews of courses in Europe. :D

Doesn't "thumbs up" mean something entirely different in Europe?

Maybe they're just being polite.

i need to visit some big name courses, im nickle & diming through the so-so courses

I don't think I'm one of the cool kids, then... +307, -7 on 81 reviews. I'm figuring I'll have to pass 100 reviews before I can reach Gold. :(

Keep your head up! I'm still chugging along just to reach bronze. We've all got our goals in sight. I've definitely got a few quality reviews languishing with only one or two thumbs. It's a war of attrition!

I'm second worst out of the 58 golds in terms of thumbs/review... I like to think I'm cool, but no one cares about my reviews of courses in Europe. :D

I feel like EU reviews will give you thumbs late though. I know when I looked at EU courses I would read all 5ish reviews and thumbs up or down. Normally up. I always added how to get to the course on public transit as I am not a good worldly traveler.

They'll appreciate them if they ever make it out there! Plus, you help give the site international credibility.

Last edited:

I appriciate your reviews of courses throughout Europe, even though I may never get the chance to go there. You have received quite a few :thmbup:'s from me, and helped me to add more courses to my ever growing wishlist.

...add more courses to my ever growing wishlist.

So it's not just me: my wishlist numbers are growing faster than my courses played numbers. :\

...I think it's because I keep reading (and :thmbup:'ing) some great reviews! Keep up the good work, fellas!

i love your reviews.

even if i end up never visiting these places (i hope that's not the case!), it is cool to read about foreign courses written from the perspective of an American disc golfer. HBB exists and American readers have no context for a European golfer's perspective.

pretty sure i've :thmbup: most of your reviews too!

i love your reviews.

even if i end up never visiting these places (i hope that's not the case!), it is cool to read about foreign courses written from the perspective of an American disc golfer. HBB exists and American readers have no context for a European golfer's perspective.

pretty sure i've :thmbup: most of your reviews too!

Thanks for all the encouraging words!! I can't wait to go back to Germany soon and hit some more courses. I'd love to go to Finland/Sweden at some point because disc golf is golden there.

I'm almost at 10 thumbs per review. 32 courses reviewed with 314 up's/16 down's. :)

That's an awesome ratio - makes you feel loved. I'm at 5.8 thumbs per review and I thought that was really low, since a few of mine only have 1 thumb (still waiting on the elusive first thumb from the lovely Michigan Tech course! :D lol), but I guess it's not too bad. It helps that in general, I've played a lot of "big name" courses when I've been out of town for work (Nashville, Pittsburgh, Raleigh) and 2 of my local courses are good names (Hyzer Creek and Joralemon). I've refrained from reviewing Iron Hill, Tyler and Borderlands, since I played them long before I started writing reviews - trying to follow the guidelines of not reviewing courses you played over a year ago.

It's pretty common to have reviews that just don't get much feedback if you're playing more than just the most popular courses. I have 17 with no thumbs up and another 40 with only 1.

Now that tallpaul has (very deservedly) reached diamond status, I finally updated the diamond sheet. Paul was added and everyone else on that sheet had their stats updated.

someday I will make the sheet :(

someday I will make the sheet :(

That's OK Cole, I'm not on there yet, either (even silver or gold). Looks like a bit of a pain to try to keep that data current. It's OK with me if we 'debut' on the Diamond list someday! :hfive:

I don't review, but man I use the heck out of the review feature. Having a few reviewers that you have identified as having similiar "taste" as yourself, makes visiting courses out of town, far more pleasurable. Thumbs up or down should not get to you, but even one person turning to your review to make their vacation just a little better should be the reward. And trust me, if you are writing a solid review, you are indeed impacting the quality of my life. Kudos to you misterreviewerman!!!

I usually review any courses that doesn't have a review because as a traveling player the reviews help me choose where I should go, Fort Smith, Ar for that matter. I went there after playing Selah Ranch, hit up 3 courses that had no reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrive at Ben Geren. Those two courses made the side track to add another state worth it!! Also, sometimes I review cause a course totally deserves it.

Last edited:
I usually review any courses that doesn't have a review because as a traveling player the reviews help me choose where I should go, Fort Smith, Ar for that matter. I went there after playing Selah Ranch, hit up 3 courses that had no reviews. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrive at Ben Geren. Those two courses made the side track to add another state worth it!! Also, sometimes I review cause a course totally deserves it.
I totally agree... I think it's important even if a course only has a few reviews, in fact I might say it's even more important. If a course has none, you know it's a crapshoot and you "go at your own risk" so to speak.

But often, a course's first few reviews (especially for courses off the beaten path) are from locals who are just so happy to have a course close to home, and inflate the ratings because they love it so much they can't really see it objectively, or may not have enough courses played to provide a sound basis for a decent comparative rating. Then you get there and realize their little piece of heaven wasn't worth going out of your way for.

Gotta give apdrvya credit for his quest to review the entire state of Michigan... dude's doing some great work. Every state needs a TR that does this!

Last edited:
I totally agree... I think it's important even if a course only has a few reviews, in fact I might say it's even more important. If a course has none, you know it's a crapshoot and you "go at your own risk" so to speak.

But often, a course's first few reviews (especially for courses off the beaten path) are from locals who are just so happy to have a course close to home, and inflate the ratings because they love it so much they can't really see it objectively, or may not have enough courses played to provide a sound basis for a decent comparative rating. Then you get there and realize their little piece of heaven wasn't worth going out of your way for.

Gotta give apdrvya credit for his quest to review the entire state of Michigan... dude's doing some great work. Every state needs a TR that does this!

LOL, apdrvya is a machine. Big respect for him playing some of the awful courses he reviews. 6 holers with no maintenance for years....

Here's a look at who might be "turning to stone" in the not too distant future, with their current number of :thmbup:'s

sillybizz: 1235 Cubic Zirconia (looks like a Diamond, but isn't upon closer inspection)
Innovadude: 993
BrotherDave: 991
DGtourist: 990
solomon.trenton: 890
AdamH: 879
superberry: 791
BogeyNoMore: 759
Roc1Time: 747
jaymon1: 742
craigd: 712
Danger: 711
denny ritner: 709
bcr123psu: 706
Three Putt: 700
RussMB: 691
dreadlock86: 670
Martin Dewgarita: 649
apdrvya: 623

Not even remotely as comprehensive as Mashie's stat sheet, but since Gold hasn't been updated for quite some time, I just took a look to see who was getting close.

Last edited:

Latest posts