• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two new courses in Carmel, IN this summer!

Awesome. Any chance you might have a course layout that you can post?

Doug Mueller and i walked this course yesterday evening. 2 sets of tees and pin positions. no baskets or tee signs up yet, but we were able to navigate the course. still really muddy in the woods next to the river. it's gonna be fantastic....and brutal!

Here is an updated and improved course map. :D

Attachments

• Carmel Hazel Landing Park Overview V1.jpg
    Carmel Hazel Landing Park Overview V1.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 22
Played Hazel Landing for the first time today. It crushed me, and I only got through 13 holes because a nasty thunderstorm rolled in. I threw thumbers on at least half of my shots, took fours on several holes and was actually pretty happy about that. And that was from the blue tees. I did manage to birdie 9 and 10 which felt like a miracle, and I only lost one disc which really surprised me.

In short, this course is about 1000x harder than anything else in the area. I had fun, but I wish I had brought all crappy plastic that I didn't care about...

We had 2 Groups of 4 Monday night. Played from the Gold tees, DISCatchers are in the longer "B" locations, lowest score +13 & highest was +26. Needs beat down a bit. I had a +22, but really didn't care. I was throwing everything shot short, so I didn't need to look for it, since I was the guide. I'm sure I can stay in single digit!? ;)

The new Hazel Landing Park course has been through its' official "soft-opening" with the running of the second leg of the Tri-County Doubles tour held there yesterday. Unfortunately, due to a huge thunderstorm delay during a prior round at another nearby course, all players had to play the shorter Blue tees and the longer/harder Gold Tees will have to wait for another day to see their competitive debut. But the shorter Blue tee and B pin combo acquitted itself well, with the winning Open team shooting an 8 under for the win. And many teams were just happy to come home with a par or 2-3 down score. Some where not so lucky..... :(

Please checkout the DGCR page for more info. The next (first) opportunity to play the Gold tees in tournament play will be at the Hamilton County Open (PDGA C-Tier) on July 20th. This has been a labor of love and a test of endurance, as it took 15 years from the time of the original proposal, to getting a dg course in the park master plan, to the opening of the course last week! It's a great course and should test disc golfers for many years to come, have fun and enjoy! :clap:

Even playing best shot doubles an 8 down from the blues on that course is damn good. Who was on the winning team?

The Perm. Tee signs and directional signs are installed. The grass was also cut, and will be cut only 2 more times this year.

Last Friday I played this course again for the first time since two days after the baskets went in. It is beating in very nicely, I brought a machete with me and didn't have to use it once. I really like the A pin positions... makes the course much easier to cope with for an intermediate like myself. The tee signs are fantastic!

Last edited: