• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDISC ups price to $30/year - does DGCR still have a free mobile app for scorekeeping?

IMG_9307.jpeg

The euro price is actually 35€ yearly.
And you cant buy it for 1 month / quartely / etc, I usually have 5-6 month break during the winter so this is 👎🏻

I don't have much to contribute other than UDisc sucks for $15/year. I'm definitely not paying $30/year for it. I really wish EasyScorecardPro had stuck around. That one had so many features that UDisc doesn't. It showed your last 10 rounds at whatever course you just played. It had a changeable SSA so you could get ballpark ratings for casual rounds. It was easy to see all of your course stats. I'm sure there were more but I can't think of them right now. UDisc has one good feature: the fact that it puts your scores in your scorecard even if someone else keeps score, as long as they use your official UDisc name. Other than that, I really don't like anything about UDisc.

I've decided to not renew next year....but now it is trying to figure out how to stop my autorenewal. I really liked uDisc, but to double the price...I don't see double the benefit to me.

The PDGA isn't getting their $50 next year and I see no reason to give Udisc $30. That's too bad because I'm a course ambassador also, and the other ambassador for our course is a clueless twit, so the course will suffer. This is going to kill leagues too if all the participants have to pay Udisc an extra $15 on top of other leagues fees and dues.
It'll kill league participation in UDiscs system. It won't kill leagues. Maybe for a session. Leagues will go right back to doing what they've always done and keep on if the price gets annoying.

Isn't this what you all wanted while screaming "grow the sport?" What did you think that meant?

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Which part do you not get? The part where "grow the sport" really means "grow the sport's profitability?"
Or the part where that translates to $350 bags, $35 discs, and $30 subscription apps?

How long do you think it will be until you're balking at green fees for every casual round?

As a disc golfer, I've bern trying to grow pickleball. You should try it, it's the greatest thing ever!

Not to be contrarian, but compared to the price of a disc, $30 per year doesn't seem like alot. Compared to $10 ($5 after PDGA membership) a few years ago it is a big percentage change. Now that it has become the de facto go-to app, it was only a matter of time.

I am guessing the next step is to have a multi year/lifetime subscription.

Which part do you not get? The part where "grow the sport" really means "grow the sport's profitability?"
Or the part where that translates to $350 bags, $35 discs, and $30 subscription apps?

How long do you think it will be until you're balking at green fees for every casual round?

As a disc golfer, I've bern trying to grow pickleball. You should try it, it's the greatest thing ever!

I'm not part of the "you all" you referred to in the post of yours I responded too. I've also never been heard saying "grow the sport". In fact I recently said something or another about @shrink the sport I'm some other thread. It had a number of likes.

What do I not get? You tell me, I'll be playing my 900th course in a couple days. Excluding private courses, not too many I've played have any kind of "greens fees" to pay. I don't balk at private courses requiring a more than reasonable $5, or $10 dollar fee. There's many, state, city, county owned courses that do the same. For ANY park users. What's your point?

Udisc should be right up your alley. The map is still free, there's plenty of bullshit object courses that aren't listed here that use use park benches, garbage cans, light poles etc. They're on Udisc. You can find them. For free.

You are also aware you can still buy DX Wraiths, Beasts, Rocs, Aviars, Leopards etc. for like nine bucks a pop aren't you?

hey arnold nicksplat GIF

I'm pretty sure you can still be course ambassador and not have a pro membership. That being said I think the price increase is a product of a "growing" successful sport and you'll continue to see price increases in the world of Disc Golf.

That being said there are several things I don't like about UDisc rating system and how easily some Joe schmo can screw up a course on UDisc after someone has taken excessive amounts of time to set it up. Not to mention have so dim wit plummet the rating because they can't find their way through a course or play a bad round.

I'm pretty sure you can still be course ambassador and not have a pro membership. That being said I think the price increase is a product of a "growing" successful sport and you'll continue to see price increases in the world of Disc Golf.

That being said there are several things I don't like about UDisc rating system and how easily some Joe schmo can screw up a course on UDisc after someone has taken excessive amounts of time to set it up. Not to mention have so dim wit plummet the rating because they can't find their way through a course or play a bad round.

I thought they had fixed that???
Aren't course Ambassadors the only ones who can update layouts, pars, etc. for courses?

Well, I will be renewing, but then I get my money's worth out of it.

I don't really care about the scoring part, it's the course maps that made a world of difference in my quest to play them all.

IF DGCR could build something similar, it would be more than worth it.

Subscribing to an app that features user data is ridiculous. UDisc has to do next to nothing annually to maintain the app, and they want to be paid continuously forever hereafter.

At least the disc manufacturers are manufacturing discs. The media side of disc golf seems to be trying to cash in in a mighty way lately. It's the same cast of characters and it's happening on every front.