• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Underrated discs

Q-Sentinel. Heavy SM one's can take a Drone out of your bag, and a solid 170g SM can pretty much do everything a hornet and KC roc want to do.

X-Buzzz- all the glide, shaping and awesome you could possibly want for 1/5 the price of bar stamped. (<-- most overrated)

I'll second Warlock- with the AviarPnA being so popular, i'd really anticipate more guys throwing what is essentially the same thing, only in any base plastic you can imagine.

I found an X Buzzz a while back that I beat into a fantastic reliable turnover mid...then was claimed by the lake at West Lake Park. I have a couple of D Buzzzes that do the same, just beat in faster.

I SO want to troll and say "Groove", but I don't think its possible to underrate it. :rolleyes:

So I'll say Blunt Gumbputt. Now hear me out. I used to putt with it, but finally decided it was much too floppy, so I rotated thru several putter molds and am currently settled on Aviar. What the Blunt IS good for is arcing approach hyzers where you know you're going to land close to the basket and you want it to STOP, RIGHT THERE.

Anyone who says different is a gullible noob.

Last edited:
Discraft Flash. Out of my immediate circle of friends, I never see anyone throwing this disc.

Discraft Hawk. For when it absolutely positively has to go arrow straight. But five or so tree hits and it turns so freakishly understable. Which is kinda good for when it absolutely positively has to go right:)

Stingrays dont get alot of love anymore but its my favoritr roller and hyzer-flip turnover disc. For shorter stuff anyhow

What the Blunt IS good for is arcing approach hyzers where you know you're going to land close to the basket and you want it to STOP, RIGHT THERE.

Anyone who says different is a gullible noob.

I was thinking about buying a Vibram Soft Summit for just this purpose. Hit and sit. At least, that's how it's advertised.

Of the discs I carry: KC Pro Cheetahs. I think there's just so much love for Leopards that Cheetahs get overlooked. Obviously they can't provide every shot in the bag, but they are very versatile, very controllable discs. They'll always have a place in my bag.

Of the discs I no longer carry: Stratus. A very easy to use understable disc that will give noobs a reliable turnover shot from day one.

There are so many but just a few that I have found and love that most of my disc golf acquaintances do not often throw are:
Element
Sabre
Polecat
Rival (new and I am just getting used to them but man do I like them)

Vibram X-Link Firm Ibex I use it whenever I get inside of 300 feet for just about any type of shot, the line you put it on is the line it will fly on.

I love the fact that others have mentioned the Flash. It is sneaky long and easy to control. I was having trouble with my shoulder last season and gave it a try on the suggestion of a friend and a pro in Ohio, it hasn't let me down.

I also keep an X Xpress in the bag for low ceiling rollers.

I'd have to say the most underrated discs that I'm privy to are the Pulse and the Dominator.

The Pulse is such a nice easy distance disc. BH or flick it just sails with some healthy fade.

Maybe it's just me but the Dominator I feel just got lost amid the deluge of new plastic coming out from everywhere around the time it came out. Probably my furthest flying disc in my bag right now, and it's pretty versatile to boot.

Honorable mentions for the Xpress which is DC's best fairway driver IMO and the Glide, which is a close second.

Latest posts