• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

United States Disc Golf Championship 2022

Looks like its gonna take a Hole 17 surprise for someone to catch Cat. Tattar and Blomroos just gotta try to get it close and hope.

Kristin wiith a huge unforced error on hole 12. It stopped her momentum.
Yeah, that was when I made that comment.

Cat clutch on 17, minimizes what Tattar can gain. Huge.

I don't understand why Blomroos played SO safe on her approach/putt with Tattar so close to the pin. That was weird. Back 2 from Tattar, already on the island, and 5 clear of 4th place - why wouldn't you run a putt and ignore the OB?

Similarly - I don't understand Tattar playing THAT safe on the approach on 18. Blomroos is pinched with, I gotta assume, no chance at the eagle angle (and there's the approach, nowhere close). Tattar is 3 strokes clear of her already. Cat is already in the fairway and you really need her to botch bad to get a bogey. You gotta apply pressure there.

Once you get this late in the game there's an element of knowing where you are in the field, it isn't just playing the course and playing your game once you're in a 1-on-1 battle and almost no holes in front of you. Questionable conservative plays given the situation from Blomroos and Tattar late.

Admittedly, in both cases, even with success it was a limited chance of moving up in the field, but there was almost zero chance of dropping down in the field.

Similarly - I don't understand Tattar playing THAT safe on the approach on 18. Blomroos is pinched with, I gotta assume, no chance at the eagle angle (and there's the approach, nowhere close). Tattar is 3 strokes clear of her already. Cat is already in the fairway and you really need her to botch bad to get a bogey. You gotta apply pressure there.

Once you get this late in the game there's an element of knowing where you are in the field, it isn't just playing the course and playing your game once you're in a 1-on-1 battle and almost no holes in front of you. Questionable conservative plays given the situation from Blomroos and Tattar late.

Admittedly, in both cases, even with success it was a limited chance of moving up in the field, but there was almost zero chance of dropping down in the field.

my guess is she figured that her odds were better to pick up a couple of strokes by Cat making a mistake rather than Kristin scoring.

Kristin had 9 5 6 6 on 18 for the event. Not a hole she was confident she could score on.

my guess is she figured that her odds were better to pick up a couple of strokes by Cat making a mistake rather than Kristin scoring.

Kristin had 9 5 6 6 on 18 for the event. Not a hole she was confident she could score on.
Yeah I get what you're saying and where her head was, I'm just saying given where the other two women around her on the scorecard were on the fairway it was a bad play. Cat was in position to avoid anything worse than bogey, even with an OB. Henna was out of position to get anything better than a birdie. And she herself was in position to avoid anything worse than a bogey, even with an OB (which is what happened for her anyway).

With Paige outside the top 10 . .Kristin must be the POTY now?

Throw Pink WDGC is only an A-tier so 1st gets 15 points, 2nd place 10 points, and 3rd place 5 points in the PDGA POTY. Tattar was 65 points behind Pierce coming into this weekend (primarily due to missing European Open and USWDGC Majors' point opportunities). https://www.pdga.com/pdga-player-rookie-year/2022

DGPT POTY still factors in the DGPT Championships and has a Media vote component. Throw Pink WDGC should not factor into the DGPT POTY (no pro tour points awarded + not a Major) but the Media vote may be swayed by the result.

Yeah I get what you're saying and where her head was, I'm just saying given where the other two women around her on the scorecard were on the fairway it was a bad play. Cat was in position to avoid anything worse than bogey, even with an OB. Henna was out of position to get anything better than a birdie. And she herself was in position to avoid anything worse than a bogey, even with an OB (which is what happened for her anyway).

true, not really anything to lose. But, as others talked about, she looked like she was struggling all event physically. Maybe that took a little more off her confidence to try for the hero play.

Couple of observations.

First congrats to Barry Schultz. He's 1022 rated and his rating has gone UP this year. He's holding his own in this event at +8 through 3.5 rounds.

Second, Gannon Buhr is going to have choose between disc golf and his side gig as an Avenger.

attachment.php

Attachments

• is gannon spidey.jpg
    is gannon spidey.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 161
And on the other end of the spectrum - James Proctor just aced hole 1.

It is a crazy course. I watched last years event live and I've watched some of the older stuff as well. #12 was always one of my least favorite holes. Not that I'm a fan of it now, but it is more interesting the way it is laid out now that it was in the past.

It is a crazy course. I watched last years event live and I've watched some of the older stuff as well. #12 was always one of my least favorite holes. Not that I'm a fan of it now, but it is more interesting the way it is laid out now that it was in the past.

Nate Sexton's roller is the most interesting thing to ever happen on hole #12. There have been blow-ups due to the dumb stroke-and-distance rule, but I'm just not a fan of that rule. Reminds me of the USDGC dark days when that rule made for the most boring golf.

Latest posts