• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated: Best Disc Golf State Poll

What is the best Disc Golf State?

• Texas

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 7 12.5%
  • North Carolina

Votes: 11 19.6%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 14.3%
  • Colorado

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Iowa

Votes: 4 7.1%
  • Minnesota

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Ohio

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • West Virginia

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters

cc0049

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
I took the top 4 states voted on from my previous poll and now have plugged in several other states that were mentioned in the thread as needing to be on the list. So Connecticut, California, New York, Maryland, and Pennsylvania are dropped from the list for not getting enough votes...they had their shot. Added are Michigan, Colorado, Iowa, Minnesota, Ohio, and West Virginia. No "other" category this time.

You can vote your own state of course, but try not to be too biased. Even if you haven't played outside of your state before, you can easily do a little bit of reading and see pictures of other state's courses on DGCR to help you make your decision. Just to set the tone with that, I will vote Kentucky even though I live in (and love!) Texas. I'm pretty sure from what I've seen on DGCR, that this will be my favorite once I get a chance to play some of those course.

Here's the link to the other thread/poll if you want to see the politicking (is that a real word?) that has already gone on: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3154&page=6

lmfao...take your poll and cram it up your biased ass...ask the founder of this site what courses need to be on the list due to statistics..new york is top 5 easily

lmfao...take your poll and cram it up your biased ass...ask the founder of this site what courses need to be on the list due to statistics..new york is top 5 easily

I put NY on the list for a reason to begin with and it didn't get enough votes. This is a harmless poll, it isn't like it is an official decree or anything dude. If you don't like it, don't participate...it's that simple.
It's not like your helping NYs case with rude posts like that.

Really? I used to live in the Saratoga Springs area. Go ahead pop in the DG course finder for that area. AMAZING terrain BUT where the **** are the DG courses?

there are 3 course in the saratoga area..and more coming..go south and you have the original 2 basket 2 tee setup at warwick..sorry you missed out..once again, quanity doesnt equal quality

there are 3 course in the saratoga area..and more coming..go south and you have the original 2 basket 2 tee setup at warwick..sorry you missed out..once again, quanity doesnt equal quality

that's a huge stretch calling Warwick a "Saratoga Area"...but it still looks like a great course. Hyzer Creek to the west of Saratoga looks super promising. Like I said, the Adirondacks has some of the best terrain I can think of in the entire country for courses but is EXTREMELY lacking in any.

Based on what criteria? To me the poll is asking more than what state has the best courses. My interpretation would bring many things into consideration. Weather, disc golfers, events, how crowded are the courses, is the state(city to city) generally behind the disc golf scene or against it.

New York could have the worlds best disc golf courses but if ever local cussed out any visitor, that would make it the worst disc golf state.

Updated: The answers are Michigan, Roc beats Buzz, and Not an Ace because it wasn't your first throw.

I wanted to vote Colorado, but many of the courses are closed in the winter. Boo! Michigan it is - DG all year long!!!

We should have left "other" in. It will win hands down no matter what states you list specifically.

Considering most of us haven't really played disc golf in that many states (I'm currently at a measley 10 and that's probably above average for the site), I don't think that many of us are really qualified to answer this, myself included.

Just the same, I don't think a user should be able to give any course a 5-disc rating until they've played and reviewed at least 20. How do you know what is "best of the best" if you haven't played that many to begin with? Even then, your number of 5 star courses allowed would equivalent to 5 percent of your review total.

I haven't played any other states (yet), but I'm voting Michigan #1 solely for it's versatility. You can have dead-flat courses, hilly, climby courses, and many different obstacle courses (trees, rocks, bushes, ravines.....).

Considering most of us haven't really played disc golf in that many states (I'm currently at a measley 10 and that's probably above average for the site), I don't think that many of us are really qualified to answer this, myself included.

Just the same, I don't think a user should be able to give any course a 5-disc rating until they've played and reviewed at least 20. How do you know what is "best of the best" if you haven't played that many to begin with? Even then, your number of 5 star courses allowed would equivalent to 5 percent of your review total.

plus1.gif

New York could have the worlds best disc golf courses but if ever local cussed out any visitor, that would make it the worst disc golf state.

Funny.

But seriously, What is par?
Par is, like, in your head, man. You know. It's a label that the man, like, uses to squelch the masses. Pull the wool over your own eyes, man. Once we blast through the paradigm every shot will be an ace!

Par is, like, in your head, man. You know. It's a label that the man, like, uses to squelch the masses. Pull the wool over your own eyes, man. Once we blast through the paradigm every shot will be an ace!

Dern, I like your posts..... I couldn't have said it any better myself..... I do think we'll be blasting through the paradigm or pulling the wool (vail) out from our eyes real soon..... people are BE-coming..... science is revealing mind-blowing stuff..... we just need to reach the thresh-hold.....educate & let go of the fear.... :D

BTW, Have u read any Eckhart Tolle? Have u seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?"

Dern, I like your posts..... I couldn't have said it any better myself..... I do think we'll be blasting through the paradigm or pulling the wool (vail) out from our eyes real soon..... people are BE-coming..... science is revealing mind-blowing stuff..... we just need to reach the thresh-hold.....educate & let go of the fear.... :D

BTW, Have u read any Eckhart Tolle? Have u seen "What the Bleep Do We Know?"
The CIA invented a basket that could, at the user's discretion, stiffen the chains and effectively block most putts. They attempted to use it against Castro but he was tipped off and DNFed the round.

It's true.

Let's also look at the numbers.

A par round is 54.
54 divided by par 3 is 18.
1 + 8 is 9.
Square root of 9 is 3, man! IT'S PAR, BRO!!!

No, I haven't. Good stuff?

real good stuff...

What the Bleep (Quantum Edition)... a must watch if you like science (quantum physics).... make sure to watch the disc that has the xtra interviews w/ all of the brilliant scientists that are shown throughout the "documentary".... some real MIND blowing stuff that no-one is really talking about.

Echart Tolle... wow, what do I say??? Brilliant isn't quite sufficient. His first well known book was entitled The Power of Now.

On a side note.... concepts reinforced through these works of art have done wonders for my game of golf (& life) :D

Latest posts