• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UPDATED Okthrowberfest Poll (Fixing my mistakes)

What are your favorite dyes? (Please limit it to your top 3)

• All Hallow’s Eve - Jermy

Votes: 37 21.5%
  • Carrie - Pduclo

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Clown – RickyBobby

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • DGCR Headless Horseman - BennettUA

Votes: 34 19.8%
  • Flying Spiders - Moon

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • Graveyard - Cheep

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Headless Horseman 2 - Yawpstrang64

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • St. Okthrowerberfest Girl – skinner21

Votes: 36 20.9%
  • Predator - Elderberen

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Pumkin Chains - bhuff

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • Pumkinhead - Philman

Votes: 64 37.2%
  • Reaper - Yawpstrang64

Votes: 8 4.7%
  • Rip the Ripper - Philman

Votes: 62 36.0%
  • Scary Night - Cheep

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Skull on a Glow - Matrathvy

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Star Max - MrFixit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teenage Outcast - Agent Peebody

Votes: 42 24.4%
  • The Three Spookies - Smd030

Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Unicorn - Pduclo

Votes: 21 12.2%
  • Vampire Smilie - MrFixit

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Vampire Teeth – Moon

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Zombie Pinup - Jabanger

Votes: 15 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
but, yes in theory he could win 2/3 of the prizes. No offense to philman because I love his dyes, but I hope that doesn't happen just so that more people get prizes. He would certainly deserve it though.

but, yes in theory he could win 2/3 of the prizes. No offense to philman because I love his dyes, but I hope that doesn't happen just so that more people get prizes. He would certainly deserve it though.

If I had to go by execution, top 5 would be:
philman (2)
AP
pdluco
jabanger

The top 2 discs should be awarded the top two prizes.
If both of Phils discs end up 1 & 2, then he should get both prizes.

Giving one prize per person sounds like alot of P.C. " All the children are winners" kinda attitude. :thmbdown:

Reminds me of people who have birthdays around Chistmas time, and so they only get one combined Christmas/Birthady gift. Its not fair.

Philmans discs are clearly better, you can see he put the time in. Arranging little pieces of vinyl with a tweezer, over and over again, is work, and staring into a light box for hours at a time is not really great for your eyes, so give the dude the credit he deserves.

I'm sure all of you are wondering what kind of dye job you want him to do for you now. :)

the 3 winners will be decided by a panel of 7 judges, which is currently being assembled. The polls are just to pare down the entries to a more managable number. If they decide his 2 discs are 2 of the best then he should win. I was saying that part of me hopes that the judges only decide that only one of his discs is worthly of the top 3 so that more people have a chance at some prizes.

Again, I am NOT lobbying for phil to only get one shot. He did two great dyes and each should, and will, be eligible to win. I just like the idea of more people winning prizes (even if it doesn't include me, which, obviously, I hope it does).

And no, I would not say that they are clearly better; I think that there are ton of great ones there and the competition is very strong. And yes, we all understand the time and effort he put in. He was not alone in that. and no, I was not wondering what dyes he could do for me. :p

WOW! I'm super impressed. Some of the nicest dye jobs I've ever seen!

Some serious talent in here, well done guys....

the 3 winners will be decided by a panel of 7 judges, which is currently being assembled. The polls are just to pare down the entries to a more managable number. If they decide his 2 discs are 2 of the best then he should win. I was saying that part of me hopes that the judges only decide that only one of his discs is worthly of the top 3 so that more people have a chance at some prizes.

Again, I am NOT lobbying for phil to only get one shot. He did two great dyes and each should, and will, be eligible to win. I just like the idea of more people winning prizes (even if it doesn't include me, which, obviously, I hope it does).

And no, I would not say that they are clearly better; I think that there are ton of great ones there and the competition is very strong. And yes, we all understand the time and effort he put in. He was not alone in that. and no, I was not wondering what dyes he could do for me. :p

Agreed. Everyone put in a great deal of effort. Dyeing takes patience to do correctly.

The top 2 discs should be awarded the top two prizes.
If both of Phils discs end up 1 & 2, then he should get both prizes.

Giving one prize per person sounds like alot of P.C. " All the children are winners" kinda attitude. :thmbdown:

Reminds me of people who have birthdays around Chistmas time, and so they only get one combined Christmas/Birthady gift. Its not fair.

Philmans discs are clearly better, you can see he put the time in. Arranging little pieces of vinyl with a tweezer, over and over again, is work, and staring into a light box for hours at a time is not really great for your eyes, so give the dude the credit he deserves.

I'm sure all of you are wondering what kind of dye job you want him to do for you now. :)

Not to rain on your parade, his discs definitely are good... But it was definitely a plotters work. He should not get credit for hand cutting those, just sayin

I take a TON of pride in my hand cutting work and have done some equally intensive discs as plotters in the past. Sadly I didn't have the time nor materials this year to do something complicated :(

I'm definitely a hand cut wing nut o_O

Not to rain on your parade, his discs definitely are good... But it was definitely a plotters work. He should not get credit for hand cutting those, just sayin

I don't think anyone was Jermy. :thmbdown:

You may take pride in your hand cutting skills it's commendable.

I'm not going into the whole plotter vs. thing. Because it's not about that.

If it was, it would be a different contest.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is "plotter" exactly? I understand what you mean by hand cutting, but I'm unsure of what u guys mean by plotting.....can someone explain pls?

Latest posts