• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upper Park Designs Backpack Bags

I am highly considering buying a Rebel v4 over an Octothorpe, but I wanted to know if there might be a V5 coming around the corner. I know there is the upgrade program, but I can wait 2-3 months for the new one if its coming. I currently use a Sniper, but wanted to upgrade to something withe more disc and non-disc storage, and i like the idea of a rebel over an Octo.

I've got a list of changes for the Rebel that I've been wanting to make for the last 2 years. Between prototyping and cash flow, we're looking towards the end of the season for the v5. If I can get it all done, it'll be worth the wait. :thmbup:

I've got a list of changes for the Rebel that I've been wanting to make for the last 2 years. Between prototyping and cash flow, we're looking towards the end of the season for the v5. If I can get it all done, it'll be worth the wait. :thmbup:
That sounds great! By end of season, do you mean around Sept/Oct? Just want to make plans for buying it and set aside the cash for it.

Worst case, if I can't wait, I'll get the v4 and just upgrade to the v5.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried out the Draw? I was thinking of grabbing one as a light traveling disc golf bag.

Yes they are pretty awesome. The construction seems solid and I easily used 8 discs in it for a round. Granted I used the big pocket to carry the discs not the front "disc" pouch.

I have a question that I don't want to look through the whole thread for. How many discs does the modern one hold? It says 18, but how much can I stretch that?

I have a question that I don't want to look through the whole thread for. How many discs does the modern one hold? It says 18, but how much can I stretch that?

A modern what? Shift? Rebel? A shift will hold a lineup of 18 easily for me. A rebel I can get 25 pretty easy but never push it that full.

The pinch should be able to hold 24-25 fully loaded, but that would take up most of the bag storage.
~16 main compartment
~2-3 fold down front flap
~2 upper pocket
~4 side pockets

The Pinch is a crazy little bag! You're not wrong ^ I had originally designed it to hold around 14. Funny how things change as you test and tweak the designs more and more.

The Pinch is a crazy little bag! You're not wrong ^ I had originally designed it to hold around 14. Funny how things change as you test and tweak the designs more and more.

Main reason I bought it was because I wanted a backpack that was tailored to only 12 discs in the main compartment and not 20.
I built a pvc frame to add rigidity, and it holds 13 in there, but I carry 12, then put my putting putter in the front flap.
It really is a crazy fun bag to use!

It really is a crazy fun bag to use!

It's weird, but your absolutely right. The Shift is still my favorite design, but The Pinch is by far my favorite overall bag. It just handles everything you can throw at it so well, the bag is so versatile.

Ideally I'd like it to cinch down when it's being used for purposes other than disc golf, and I believe I've got a creative way to make that happen. Maybe for the v3?

Really pleased so far.

I just got a Pinch recently for my smallish 12 year old son who is really starting to get into disc golf. I gave to him for Christmas. It is just the right size for him and has plenty of room to grow. It is very adaptable if you want to carry just eight or so discs or if you max it out with about 24 ish discs. We even used it the other day for a short day hike. The materials are top quality and it is very versatile. Great bang for your buck in this bag.

Wish the bundles were around when I bought my Rebel! I would have likely spent the extra for the Die-hard bundle. So much value!

Latest posts