• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

USDGC - Actual Tournament...

The coolest thing about that ace, and something I dont think non-discers will get, is just how perfect a shot it was. A lot of times, at least with aces Ive seen in person, if the shot hadnt gone in it would have sailed clear of the basket or taken a gnarly skip. The angle of Wysocki's shot leads me to believe that even had he misses the basket totally it would have hit and stuck for an easy putt that even us mere mortals could make.

Not playing hole #17 today is wrong. That hole has been a key separator and not giving the field the same chance at that separation as it did the previous 3 rounds gives an edge to the leader(s).

Not playing hole #17 today is wrong. That hole has been a key separator and not giving the field the same chance at that separation as it did the previous 3 rounds gives an edge to the leader(s).

Who gives a **** how impactful the hole usually is to the outcome of the tournament? Obviously they expect the entire green may be underwater and unplayable by the time the last groups tee off. You can't have that in a tournament like this. Excluding the hole is absolutely the correct call...the field's chances of catching up with the leaders be damned.

Cancelled because of rain? Or lightening?

If cancelled because of lightening, severe weather, or dangerous flooding. I can definitely see the reasoning. But if a couple inches of rain is the reason I call bs....since when does rain stop a tournament?

Cancelled because of rain? Or lightning?

If cancelled because of lightning, severe weather, or dangerous flooding. I can definitely see the reasoning. But if a couple inches of rain is the reason I call bs....since when does rain stop a tournament?

This isn't just rain, it's a hurricane. While the heart of the storm isn't going to get too close, it's going to dump an insane amount of rain on the area in a relatively short period of time. The leading edge of the storm dropped a couple inches just yesterday. The storm itself probably will bring a heck of a lot more. Considering their earlier plan was to play a modified course that moved everything further away from the lake, flooding is definitely their biggest concern.

A) it is still a PDGA sanctioned event (a major);
and B) you obviously see no issue with the player choosing not to LAY UP.

I don't want to see Tom Brady throw 5 interceptions in a game, but then again, he doesn't throw into double coverage much at all.

It may be a sanctioned event but the pdga is not including the round ratings as official. I believe that is because these tournaments are playing by rules that the other 99% of tournaments do not use... by implementing so many stroke and distance holes where the player has to continually throw from the same spot until he finally makes it in bounds. That would be like the NFL saying that for week 10 the defense is allowed to have 15 players on the field. Then when Tom Brady throws 12 interceptions you are gonna say well that is Brady's fault because he should not throw a pass that is more than 5 yards. That sounds like fun for the players and the fans. Who wants to see Brady throw a 50 yards bombs when we could be watching him flick 5 yard passes all day long. Just like I want to see Wysocki throw more 100 foot lay ups.

Drew Gibson
30 mins ·
Jonathan Poole I'm really sorry to say but this was a poor choice, there are WAY TO MANY PEOPLE YOU'RE AFFECTING BY THIS CHOICE. THE ROUND IS POSTPONED TO TOMORROW...... I have a flight tomorrow morning at 7:40AM....... I think this should be the PDGA's call and I'm sure there choice would be a cancelation to avoid ruining over half the fields travel plans. It's sad to see they are willing to effect everyone and cost everyone ample amounts of money to finish the event!! OH YEAH WHAT ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS? THE COURSE WONT BE FLOODED OR UNSAFE TOMORROW?

LOL at the idea that in the PDGA's hands, the decision would have been different. As if Andrew Sweeton and Mike Downes weren't right there as part of the decision making party with Jonathan Poole and Jussi.

It's a shame that so many players might have to DNF due to catching flights or whatever, but if safety was a concern, postponing is ABSOLUTELY the correct decision. The tournament was scheduled for four rounds, they can play the fourth round tomorrow, no reason not to.

Whelp, the whiners get their way. Round 4 canceled, Jeremy Koling wins the USDGC while sitting in his hotel room (or wherever he is that isn't on the course).

Last edited:
I just watched Schusterick's Facebook live, he kept saying cancelled and calling Jerm the winner. I couldn't figure out if he was saying it should be, or that he got insider knowledge

Edit: it was cancelled

Last edited:
Yeah a few pros are now saying cancelled and congratulating big jerm. Lowest raw winning score lol

cac.png

attachment.php

Sucks he won't get a proper celebration but I'm sure a major + the paycheck helps.

From the PDGA website:
Dear Players & Staff,

Round 4 of the 2016 USDGC has officially been cancelled. This was not an easy decision to make. Postponing the round would have caused many logistical problems for both our players and staff. Since many of you have traveled to get here, rescheduling hotel and flight accommodations on such short notice would have proved to be very difficult and in many cases not possible. This has been made more difficult due to the influx of evacuees from the coast.

What this means:
•The event standings after round 3 are final. Jeremy Koling is the 2016 US Disc Golf Champion. Congratulations!
•There will not be an awards ceremony.
•We will make arrangements to mail out payout and trophies after the event. We will be in contact with players with more information about this process.

Our heartfelt thanks goes out to our staff and volunteers for your hard work in making this event possible and for braving the elements. We would also like to extend our gratitude to all the players for your patience during these less than ideal conditions. Again, we sincerely apologize for this turn of events and the resulting inconvenience.

We hope you travel home safely and we have the pleasure of having you return next year.

Sincerely,

The Entire USDGC & PDGA Crew

Any confirmation as to exactly what the reason is for cancelling? And yes I'm aware that there is a hurricane in the area.

Latest posts